FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Flexo

To Death knight or To Druid

Hey all, 

im going to give a shot for making an alt toon since im kinda bored on my resto/ehancement Shaman. I do have a level 100 druid but the druid class for me is like..... wtf..... so many spells we have, where do i need to put them or use them for .... :p. So for that reason im thinking for making a death knight since i played one in tbc ( few ages ago :p ) and i liked it a lot ! the class was strong, strong survivability with them  self- healing and the dps meters where nice also :D At your class guide i can see that it dint changed much from WOD but i dint played WoD :( My questions now are :

Death Knight:

is the class stil Much fun for playing ? 

are we still strong in pvp / pve ? blood / frost / unholy 

what race should i go when i want alliance or horde ? 

Druid:

is the class stil Much fun for playing ? 

are we still strong in pvp / pve ? guardian / feral / balanced / resto

what race should i go when i want alliance or horde ?

Another small question is.... is there a way i can find out what realm is good for pve during the weekends ? 

i think this is it for now :p hope we can figure out what i will going to do :D 

9 minutes ago, ChaosDecides said:

I find playing frost DK a heck of a lot more fun than feral Druid. Feral is usually one of my favorites, not so far this expansion.

How are they in pve with there dps ?

I dont need to be top dps but also not the last one :p what race where you and faction ?

Let's just say Frost is far easier to play as far as a rotation goes. You can do good single target DPS with Feral but it's far less forgiving if you aren't doing your rotation perfectly. As far how they rank, it looks like they are pretty much neck and neck with single target. I think AOE favors Frost.

You really have to manage all your DOT's closely with Feral to max DPS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaosDecides said:

Let's just say Frost is far easier to play as far as a rotation goes. You can do good single target DPS with Feral but it's far less forgiving if you aren't doing your rotation perfectly. As far how they rank, it looks like they are pretty much neck and neck with single target. I think AOE favors Frost.

You really have to manage all your DOT's closely with Feral to max DPS.

im scared that i wil be focussing more on my dots with the druid than the boss fight wich wil make me do stupid things or die :p

Death knight is wat i wil going to make tonight ! :D for horde i wil take a blood elf male with frost specc and on alliance if im planning to play that faction.... i wil take a human i think :p

14 hours ago, Flexo said:

icy veins should make a frost leveling guide now since unholy is abouth the same as frost

At this point in the expansion, a new leveling guide honestly won't be worth it - this is mainly due to the fact that most people have already levelled and, since we are now far enough into the expansion that speed and challenge don't matter much, you can basically take what you want and whatever feels best for you personally.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Flexo said:

what addons can a druid frost / blood use ? 

i got elvui but are there more addons needed ? 

WeakAuras2 is always a good addition.

• Like 1

Once Deathknight came out, I never looked back.  The flavor and the way the class works is how I like it.  I was an EverQuest shaman, so tanking "in teh face" is my norm and I love doing it without shields.

Demonhunter is a close second for me now.

With druids you are stuck in a static appearance, so no cool armor or weapons.

Edited by Jaeden
expounding
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jaeden said:

Once Deathknight came out, I never looked back.  The flavor and the way the class works is how I like it.  I was an EverQuest shaman, so tanking "in teh face" is my norm and I love doing it without shields.

Demonhunter is a close second for me now.

With druids you are stuck in a static appearance, so no cool armor or weapons.

that's true ! :D 

my Dk is now level 101 and i made a mistake going frost :p 

so at lvl 102 i will take my blood artifact and continue levelling in that specc til the rest of my days :D 

i'm just scared for later doing tanking in raids / mythics..... i do think it's also hard to find a guild since the expantion is some time on now

I'm curious, why do you think Frost was a mistake?

I switched to it from UH and I'm enjoying it, though I am having some survivability challenges which may be me relearning the class.

DK has two DPS specs that play differently and a tanking spec that has some survivability challenges in mythic raid content (but likely fixed in 7.1.5).

Unholy is a plate wearing hunter. The disadvantage with that spec is using the class ability control undead replaces your pet. (Control undead is moderately important in some higher M+ content to cut down on trash - that is BRH, which everyone hates anyway.) Great AOE burst, excellent single target, a fair amount of RNG into procs, and to be competitive with high end DPS in raids you'll need the legendary bracers.

Frost plays similarly to enhancement shaman. Its fast moving and flows nicely. Excellent sustained AOE. Sindragosa can accidentally ruin your 3-chest M+ run if you fail to aim it properly... but tons of fun to pop anyway. Can actually make use of Sephuz's Secret in M+ content. Doesn't need any single legendary to be competitive but doesn't rank too highly amongst other DPS either. Can farm a BIS ring - competitive with legendary items for the class/spec - from Court of Stars (+10% autoattack damage equip effect).

All three specs suffer from lack of mobility. If you go alliance, Worgen is a good choice since they have a racial speed activated ability.

The DPS specs have good survivability, but not as good as a retribution paladin. Having played retribution paladin, enhancement shaman, and DK (both Unholy and Frost) in M+ content I'd rate the DK (Frost) as my favorite with enhancement shaman pretty close.

i think im OP with frost Dk so i pull to much i think, than i'm getting it hard and starts to struggle or be dead :D

so when i go blood, it goes a bit slower with the dps but i can handle more mobs and my HP will be a bit higher or full.