FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
smtips

Curious about posted Fire Mage Stat Weights.

According to your site:

The stat priority for a Fire Mage is:

1. Critical Strike;
  2. Intellect;
  3. Mastery;
  4. Versatility.
  5. Haste;

1.1. Stat Weights

These values are calculated for a single target. Mastery pulls slightly ahead of Critical Strike on cleave and AoE.

1. Intellect: 1.00
  2. Critical Strike: 1.30
  3. Versatility: 0.84
  4. Haste: 0.81
  5. Mastery: 0.76

I'm quite curious to understand why you think Vers is better than Mastery when Mastery has such a huge impact on ignite with even 2+ targets. How can it be that I should prioritize Vers over Mastery according to your numbers?  Under Stat Priority you have Vers being under Mastery, then in Stat Weights you have it being more. I'm quite baffled by the discrepancy. Is there any case at all I should consider higher vers than mastery?

Edited by smtips

I think you missed this:

These values are calculated for a single target.

Versality is better than Mastery in single target. However, overall, Mastery is better since single target-only situations are quite fewer than multitarget ones.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zadina said:

I think you missed this:

These values are calculated for a single target.

Versality is better than Mastery in single target. However, overall, Mastery is better since single target-only situations are quite fewer than multitarget ones.

LOL thank you. Well maybe single target should be bolded on the page, I'm sure I'm not the only one that saw those numbers and thought they may have been overall values. Or perhaps BOTH should be posted as a general guideline for single target and multiple target.

Edited by smtips

Generally, Stat weights are determined by doing simulations and calculations on a Patchwerk fight, aka a single target fight with no movement. Of course, you can find multitarget stat weights too if you want a more in-depth approach.

If you see, we have the stat priority first, then the stat weights and then a paragraph explaining why we think Mastery is better:

1. Basics

The stat priority for a Fire Mage is:

1. Critical Strike;
  2. Intellect;
  3. Mastery;
  4. Versatility.
  5. Haste;

1.1. Stat Weights

These values are calculated for a single target. Mastery pulls slightly ahead of Critical Strike on cleave and AoE.

1. Intellect: 1.00
  2. Critical Strike: 1.30
  3. Versatility: 0.84
  4. Haste: 0.81
  5. Mastery: 0.76

As the value of Mastery rapidly inflates with number of targets, it is still recommended that you focus stacking it after Critical Strike. It is close in value to Haste and Versatility on single target, but far outpaces them once at least one secondary target is present and stacked.

These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using Simulation Craft.

I will let our staff know and we can perhaps reword this section to make it even clearer as to why we prioritise Mastery.

On 11/19/2016 at 8:38 AM, Zadina said:

Generally, Stat weights are determined by doing simulations and calculations on a Patchwerk fight, aka a single target fight with no movement. Of course, you can find multitarget stat weights too if you want a more in-depth approach.

If you see, we have the stat priority first, then the stat weights and then a paragraph explaining why we think Mastery is better:

I will let our staff know and we can perhaps reword this section to make it even clearer as to why we prioritise Mastery.

The last sentence you said, and back to my question: Why are you weighting Versatility over Mastery then?

Edited by smtips

On 11/21/2016 at 9:31 AM, smtips said:

The last sentence you said, and back to my question: Why are you weighting Versatility over Mastery then?

Cause in general the stat-weights are given from a simulation of a patchwork fight (pure singletarget with no movement), which Zadina mentioned above. So therefore Vers > Mastery!

If you're really interested in stat-weights you should NEVER take values from others (not even from icy-veins)! Cause these weights are changing with every gearpiece you change and are very individual.

If you just want to have a guideline where to start at searching/comparing gear, you should look at the stat-priority.

" Of course, you can find multitarget stat weights too if you want a more in-depth approach. "

Can anyone tell me where to find these? Because I can't find any. I wish that there were any site that posted single and multiple target values so it will give me a better idea on what to look for while getting from 800 to 850+. Would be cool to see multitarget numbers on IV here.

Edited by smtips

Altered time has multitarget stat weights too, which you will see are very different from the single target ones (Mastery being the highest priority stat, for example). Most sites will have a single target stat weights table and the stat priority to keep things simple.

Imagine going through the trouble of explaining all of this: for single target we have Crit > Int > Vers (latest sims even show Vers being better than Int) and for multitarget we have Mastery > Int > Crit, while you should also have at least 1800 Haste, but in general since aoe situations are more frequent in the game (dungeons, cleave fights) than single target ones, therefore you should have a mix of both stat weights for a final stat priority of Crit > Int > Mastery + 1800 Haste and always remember to sim yourself for your own personal best stat weights. As you see, this took a four-line sentence to explain and it can get quite confusing for an average player who's just here to see what the stat priority is.

So, like Lily said, there are actually no correct stat weights, because they are different for each one of us depending on what gear/item level we have. Therefore, the best way to find what's best for you at your gear level is to sim yourself.

Overall, if you don't want to trouble yourself too much, you should be fine by sticking to the stat priority of Crit > Int > Mastery. Or just stack Crit, it's so damn good currently - it makes all the other stats almost irrelevant.

• Like 1