FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Izhue

Arms warrior dps help

Hey warriors of Icy-veins!

We have an Arms warrior in our guild, who is really struggling to keep up with the dps, and when I sim his DPS it's almost double of what he's actually doing. I would like some experienced warriors inputs before I go telling him what to do, so I can have something he can actually use.

Here's his armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Bafisios/advanced

Here's our logs of wednesdays heroic EN and normal ToV: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4nk8vpCzbjmVhgTY

And last nights raid of normal EN (for gearing a few people): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QBDAPm7nCpvJ1VGx

I hope you have some good feedback for me that I can bring him, to help him with his troubles.

Kind regards,

Izhue

Edited by Izhue

It would appear as if this player doesn't want to help themselves, so if I were you I wouldn't waste my time trying to help them.  Anyone who doesn't bother to gem and enchant their gear isn't going to put in effort to increase their damage.

Good afternoon, Izhue;

I apologize I haven't replied to this thread sooner. I've been recovering from being sick for the past week and I slept most of this weekend. Looking over your post and the only reply thus far, here's my input:

1. Ignore Ballharder. Anyone that genuinely wants help is worth your time. The only thing I would say is that your warrior friend, Bafisios, should be the one here asking for help instead of you on his behalf. But I also understand that, maybe, English isn't his best language to do so. Never pass up the opportunity to help someone.

On 11/18/2016 at 10:53 AM, Izhue said:

and when I sim his DPS it's almost double of what he's actually doing.

Never rely on simulations as an "end-all, be-all" expectation of performance. SimulationCraft is a tool to help gauge a player's stat weights and potential output with a given action priority list. It is an output of perfect play in any given situation that will never be achieved in game from a person. (We are not perfect, after all).

=====================================

All that aside, I looked at both logs of the Ursoc kill. In the heroic encounter, your warrior friend died. That's unfortunate because it appears he took a double stack of momentum which resulted in his 1-shot death. Execute is usually #2 on an Arms Warrior and, aside from the ring, if he's dead the last 20% of a boss fight then he won't parse very well.

Looking at the normal kill he did better (as expected; he was alive during the execute phase), the very first sign was his Focused Rage management. He needs to find a way to monitor it and not leave it at 3 stacks for any length of time. Properly using Mortal Strike will have this taken care of quite nicely. Monitoring Focused Rage stacks can easily be done with addons like Tell Me When and Weak Auras.

And, while I understand consumables and such are expensive, you're comparing him against a log that uses Potion of the War when he, himself, isn't using one. Enchants, gems, and consumables are all useful. Every stat counts and while it may not seem like missing one enchant here or one gem there is really a big deal - it all adds up. If he can't afford Potion of the Old War, even the 2,500 strength potion will be better than nothing. (I noticed he used one on Helya; I'm specifically talking about Ursoc).

Overall, a better understanding and execution of the rotation with Focused Rage will result in higher numbers. I'd recommend reading over any resource made available to him to get a better understanding of how to play the Arms Spec, setting up a monitoring system to watch his Focused Rage stacks, and working on a training dummy until he gets comfortable in the rotation.

I very much appreciate the help, Sajakain. I know that Simulationcraft is just a "pointer", but as I said he was pulling only 50 % of it and I used that number to sort of figure out where he should be on dps. Now I have something concrete to bring him.