Vomitory

Survival Hunter PVE Gems

4 posts in this topic

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Backhanding/simple

Quick question, looking for some input. I added my armory link just for reference in case anyone wants to take a look. I have been dumping +160 Agility gems into almost everything, which I assume would help my DPS more than doing a different gem in those red slots. However, I'm wondering if using any crit gems that would fit might be more beneficial. Any raiding hunters have any advice on gems I should swap?

(My reforging is all from ReforgeLite, I just kept the default settings for Survival on the addon.)

Ok so unless a bonus is a lot of secondary stat, such as your helm bonus, it should be 160Agil, ofc is its 60 or more agil bonus, go for the bonus.

Looking at your gear, if you can replace any item with hit already on it for something without, that will be a dps increase.

You are over hit cap yet under expertise cap, one way to rectify this would be your weapon, reforge hit > crit (drops your hit and raises your exp, a step in the right direction).

I can understand why you have stam gems, and until you can replace any hit gear, keep with it.

Saying that, for your weapon you will get more dmg out of a pure agility gem and forget the bonus, same goes for cloak. I would even go as far to say put pure agil gems in your chest too. 220agil +240Stam vs 320 agil ... I would rather have the extra 100agil than 1-2k extra health. There are very very few times where that little extra health will be the difference between you living and dying.

Again, ring, pure agility. You are putting this inequality in play 220crit>80agil ... well for most SV gear set ups, agil is would 5dps per point and crit only 1.5 or something similar.

22crit>8agil

33crit>40agil

For 220crit>80agil you would need ratings something like this 2.75dps per crit compared to 5dps per agil.

The belt bonus is getting close to very insignificant differences but I suspect agility would still be better until you have more realPPM trinkets/meta gem.

I hope this help and apologies for picking your character apart, I have tried to explain my reasoning and would be more than happy to discuss this further.

Also http://www.femaledwarf.com/ is your friend! It allows you to fully customise your gear to find the optimal set up and gives you personalised dps raitings per stat rather thans the generalised rating you would have in ReforgeLite (this is great as you can use the femaledwarf ones IN ReforgeLite, making proper use of it)

This may be useful for you sto see the applied decisions on gems;

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/xinto/advanced I'd be more than happy to justify why I have made each gem choice.

Edited by Xinto

http://us.battle.net...khanding/simple

Quick question, looking for some input. I added my armory link just for reference in case anyone wants to take a look. I have been dumping +160 Agility gems into almost everything, which I assume would help my DPS more than doing a different gem in those red slots. However, I'm wondering if using any crit gems that would fit might be more beneficial. Any raiding hunters have any advice on gems I should swap?

(My reforging is all from ReforgeLite, I just kept the default settings for Survival on the addon.)

Basically most of your gems are good, except for a few. The ones in your cloak, chest, bow, and ring should all be just agi gems. You are losing a lot of agi by gemming agi/stam gems in the sockets. They don't make up for the socket bonus and it's just a waste. You also have a green gem in your bow. You should never even think about touching gems of anything that isn't a combination of red/something else. If you can use all the hit, then agi/hit gems would be fine in the purple sockets. The only time it would be worth it to gem stam or wasted (all 160) hit for the socket bonus is if it's equal or greater to 80 agi per gem used. So on your chest you are getting 60 agi per gem used, but you were losing 80 per gem.

Edited by Tehstool

I really appreciate the help guys! I'll check out Femaledwarf, and I'm autorunning to the AH as we speak for new gems lol. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darksickness
      About Us:
      Two Strike Policy is a weekday Mythic semi-hardcore progression guild on US-Sargeras. In our spare time, we run various high Mythic keystones/carries, Heroic Antorus carries and optional Mythic Antorus pug runs. Most of our members are 3-4k+ Raider.io and retain top 10 spots on Sargeras Alliance side. We value camaraderie, communication, preparedness and excellence in each other. Discord is used to communicate during raids and our method of loot distribution is loot council. Guild repairs, flasks and food are provided to all raiders, including trials.
      Current Progression:
      10/11 M Antorus 
      6/9M ToS
      7/10M NH - (Started tier late as a guild most are 9/10M & 10/10M)
      7/7M EN
      Raid Times:
      Tuesday - 7pm-10pm CST
      Wednesday - 7pm-10pm CST
      Optional Tuesday Morning On Reset - 10am-12pm CST (depends on server restart) - Heroic Antorus on mains
      Optional Thursday 7pm-10pm CST - Alt Heroic Antorus
      Optional Saturday 7pm-10pm CST - Mythic Alt Antorus                                                                                                                     
      Invitations start 30 minutes before raid time.
      Recruitment:
      We are currently recruiting strong applicants of all classes and roles, with the ability to handle calls and criticism like an adult. 
      High Priority Recruitment:
      Ranged DPS: Shadow Priest, Warlock, Hunter (that can play both MM/BM), Elemental Shaman and Balance Druid 
      Melee DPS: Rogue
      Healer: Resto Druid and Holy Paladin 
      ALL exceptional applicants will be considered. Please visit us at twostrikepolicy.com for more information. 
      Guild Master/Raid Leader: Darksickness/Zahedd - Ghostdragon#19918
      Recruitment Officer: Alandran - TheKiserSoze#1742
    • By Hagryke
      Ey i want to create a new hunter character, and my doubt its, orc or maghar? I know this is not very importante because if u dont do high end is not terrible noticeable. In one hand we have the orc passive ( 5% more pet damage + ap) and in the other hand we have ( more health and ap ) .
      I think orc its better ¿ what do u think ?
      Sorry for my english im starting to learn english and i thought it was a good idea post here :D
    • By Spixa
      Here's some quick Info:
      Server - Silvermoon
      Faction - Alliance
      Raid Times - Tuesday and Thursday 20:00 - 23:00 
      Optional Raid Times - Most Sundays from 20:00 to 22:00 (Normal Nighthold atm But likely to change to HC when we get into mythic on Tuesdays and Thursdays).
      Loot System - RCLootCouncil for Heroic/Mythic, Personal Loot for Optional (normal) Raid.
      Our Forum - http://treehugginghippies.enjin.com/forum

In terms of Progress we've cleared Emerald Nightmare 4/7 Mythic, Trial of Valor 3/3 Heroic and The Nighthold 3/10 Mythic

We're mainly Looking to recruit the following:
      Healers: 1-2
      Druid
      Shaman
      Disc Priest

DPS:
      Ranged: 
      1 Mage, Frost or Arcane
      1-2 Warlocks, Aflliction or Demonology
      1 Elemental Shaman
      1 Shadow Priest

Melee:
      1-2 People of the following classes:
      Rogue, Warrior, Paladin or Demon Hunter

Our requirements for raiding are the following:
      - 890+ ilvl 
      - 36+ ap lvl in your raiding spec. 
      - Headset with a microphone and Discord for raid
      - Age 18+ 
      - An open mind:) We like to have a fun and friendly tone in general.

What you can expect from us:
      A funny but serious atmosphere when raiding, we like to get stuff done when we raid!:)
      Positive reinforcement, we don't call out people for making mistakes, and if someone has issues with a boss mechanic or anything class related we try our best to be helpful
      A friendly environment in the guild, if you bring a good attitude, you will be treated as a friend:)

If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please feel free to contact us on battlenet: 
      Glitzh#2266 Our recruitment officer
      TheDwemerNO#2390 Our lootmaster/recruitment officer

• By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 2/11M
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING*
      Tank All DPS (Healer offspec preferred but not required) Possibly accepting other roles! ABOUT US
      Now recruiting for BFA!
      Currently looking for skilled and laid back Tank & DPS for the upcoming expansion.
      We're semi-casual in terms of the time we spend raiding, but are serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      Booty Pirates is a close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other.
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      GOALS FOR BFA
      In Battle for Azeroth we plan to push Mythic more than we did previously in Legion, and not spend nearly as much time on Heroic. 
      This means we will jump into Mythic/Heroic weekends as soon as the majority of the Heroic gear is done. (Mythic Friday and Heroic Sunday, for example, until we phase Heroic out completely.) 
      SCHEDULE UNTIL BFA**
      Fridays currently mandatory for core raiders for a partial Heroic clear.
      Sundays reserved for non-mandatory misc WoW activities (M+, leveling alts for BFA etc.) or other non-WoW related events.
      If ilvl is high enough, you can join for Friday (950+) and Sunday on any character, not just the one you want to play in BFA.
                *The class you play in BFA can be different from what you play now; we will be flexible until the expansion hits.
                **Schedule subject to changes.
      JOINING THE BOOTY PIRATES CREW
      Make sure to add me on Battle.net and/or fill out our short 6 question app to join us. We look forward to speaking with you!
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299