Vomitory

Survival Hunter PVE Gems

4 posts in this topic

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Backhanding/simple

Quick question, looking for some input. I added my armory link just for reference in case anyone wants to take a look. I have been dumping +160 Agility gems into almost everything, which I assume would help my DPS more than doing a different gem in those red slots. However, I'm wondering if using any crit gems that would fit might be more beneficial. Any raiding hunters have any advice on gems I should swap?

(My reforging is all from ReforgeLite, I just kept the default settings for Survival on the addon.)

Ok so unless a bonus is a lot of secondary stat, such as your helm bonus, it should be 160Agil, ofc is its 60 or more agil bonus, go for the bonus.

Looking at your gear, if you can replace any item with hit already on it for something without, that will be a dps increase.

You are over hit cap yet under expertise cap, one way to rectify this would be your weapon, reforge hit > crit (drops your hit and raises your exp, a step in the right direction).

I can understand why you have stam gems, and until you can replace any hit gear, keep with it.

Saying that, for your weapon you will get more dmg out of a pure agility gem and forget the bonus, same goes for cloak. I would even go as far to say put pure agil gems in your chest too. 220agil +240Stam vs 320 agil ... I would rather have the extra 100agil than 1-2k extra health. There are very very few times where that little extra health will be the difference between you living and dying.

Again, ring, pure agility. You are putting this inequality in play 220crit>80agil ... well for most SV gear set ups, agil is would 5dps per point and crit only 1.5 or something similar.

22crit>8agil

33crit>40agil

For 220crit>80agil you would need ratings something like this 2.75dps per crit compared to 5dps per agil.

The belt bonus is getting close to very insignificant differences but I suspect agility would still be better until you have more realPPM trinkets/meta gem.

I hope this help and apologies for picking your character apart, I have tried to explain my reasoning and would be more than happy to discuss this further.

Also http://www.femaledwarf.com/ is your friend! It allows you to fully customise your gear to find the optimal set up and gives you personalised dps raitings per stat rather thans the generalised rating you would have in ReforgeLite (this is great as you can use the femaledwarf ones IN ReforgeLite, making proper use of it)

This may be useful for you sto see the applied decisions on gems;

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/xinto/advanced I'd be more than happy to justify why I have made each gem choice.

Edited by Xinto

http://us.battle.net...khanding/simple

Quick question, looking for some input. I added my armory link just for reference in case anyone wants to take a look. I have been dumping +160 Agility gems into almost everything, which I assume would help my DPS more than doing a different gem in those red slots. However, I'm wondering if using any crit gems that would fit might be more beneficial. Any raiding hunters have any advice on gems I should swap?

(My reforging is all from ReforgeLite, I just kept the default settings for Survival on the addon.)

Basically most of your gems are good, except for a few. The ones in your cloak, chest, bow, and ring should all be just agi gems. You are losing a lot of agi by gemming agi/stam gems in the sockets. They don't make up for the socket bonus and it's just a waste. You also have a green gem in your bow. You should never even think about touching gems of anything that isn't a combination of red/something else. If you can use all the hit, then agi/hit gems would be fine in the purple sockets. The only time it would be worth it to gem stam or wasted (all 160) hit for the socket bonus is if it's equal or greater to 80 agi per gem used. So on your chest you are getting 60 agi per gem used, but you were losing 80 per gem.

Edited by Tehstool

I really appreciate the help guys! I'll check out Femaledwarf, and I'm autorunning to the AH as we speak for new gems lol. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By chizuko
      UPDATED 2017-04-25
      Recruitment is currently OPEN. We're looking for dps!

The Shadowstalkers are looking for dedicated members to join our raid team!

We are a raiding guild with a long history on Argent Dawn, We are currently seeking new raiders to help us push our progression and aim to raise our rank as high as we can!

Current progression is 6/10 mythic Nighthold
      7/7 Mythic Emerald Nightmare
      2/3 mythic Trial of Valor

About your trial:

-Minimum 875 average ilevel required!

- You will remain a trialist for around two raid lockouts to allow us to get a feel for you as a player and see how you fit and preform.

- We want trialists to join the guild during their trial period to see how they fit socially as this is an important part of our guild.

About our raids:

- We raid Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday 19:50 until 23:00 server time.

- We expect raiders to maintain good attendance.

- We expect raiders to keep us informed if they can't attend a raid.

- All raiders must be willing to use voice chat and speak English.

-All our raids are logged on Warcraft Logs (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/3311) should you wish to find more information about us.

Please visit http://shadowstalkers-alliance.enjin.com/ for more information and to check out our current class needs . Click the recruitment tab at the top to apply.

If you would like to discuss the guild further please poke Hucknell or any of the other officers in-game who will be glad to chat!

Feel free to add my battletag for a chat
      Jacob#21111
    • By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding. We cleared through Nighthold heroic a number of months ago and need some more people in order to jump into mythic. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for both melee and ranged DPS to fill out the roster. At this time we are full on tanks and healers.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS -Warlock and Shadow Priest but all classes will be considered
      Melee DPS - Ret Paladin
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Sunday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By Athlios
      Guild Information:
      Guild name: Gordian Knot
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor (EU)
      Realm Type: Normal - PVE
      Current progress: NH 10/10H, 3/10M
      Raid days: Wednesday, Sunday, Monday
      Raid times: 20.00-23.00 CET
      (Full application details on website)
      Recruiting for Heroic and Mythic Raiding:
      High:
      Death Knight: Frost Demon Hunter: Vengeance Druid: Balance & Feral Mage: Frost Monk: Brewmaster & Windwalker Paladin: Holy & Protection Priest: Shadow Rogue: Assassination Shaman: Elemental Medium:
      Demon Hunter: Havoc Paladin: Retribution Warlock: Affliction & Demonology We're also looking for a tank with a good dps offspec or a dpser with a good tanking offspec.

Recruiting for Mythic Dungeons (no raiding spot):
      High:
      Any role These are our open spots at the moment, however, we are always interested in any player that is highly skilled, knowledgeable with their class and has positive attitude.
      About us:
      Gordian Knot is a 20-man semi-hardcore raiding guild that consists of experienced raiders with some of them having raiding experience as far back as Vanilla.
      We are a friendly group who enjoys World of Warcraft and loves raiding. We have fun and joke around but when bosses need to go down then all is serious! We wish for all our members to enjoy the game as much as we do and we expect raiders to maintain a 70% attendance per month.
      We also enjoy a variety of other activities such as running a lot of Mythic+ dungeons doing alt-runs, achievement runs etc.
      There are a few things we hold in high value but above else we value friendliness and politeness towards guildies and other players and skillfulness when it comes to the more serious parts of the game.
      Currently :
      We raid 3 nights a week, Wednesdays, Sundays and Mondays, from 20:00 till 23:00 server time.
      Although we are a 20-man guild, we usually run an extra group in order to get more people to experience the joys of raiding, help new raiders learn the Knot's way to down bosses and gearing up. Usually, these runs happen on Thursdays or Fridays.
      Saturdays are left for older content runs for fun and drinking!
      Our current guild progress is 10/10 on Nighthold heroic and 3/10 on mythic, and we're focusing on Mythic Progress at the moment!
      If you're interested in joining Gordian Knot, please fill in our application form, located at http://gordian-knot.eu/apply/, alternatively please whisper Athlioss@Draenor or add my battletag Athlios#2283.
      PS. We're always open to group applications or guild merging discussions.
      We are also open and welcome social applications.
    • By TeemoTeemo
      Hey hunters! 

I used to play hunter back in the old days (Max level 80), and now starting with the game again. Therefore starting to gather some research before making my character (Yea thats my thing). First of all im a raider, love doing that, therefore want to master a spec there can give me a spot on the raid teams. I passionated in the spec BM for a while, but have a hard time to chose, as my research came across Survival. Survival look pretty strong at the moment, when i look at characters as Nnoggah. So i want the hear some of the more experience guys in here, how is BM doing compared to Survival, is it lacking behind or is it doing better if played right? 

Hope to hear some opinions. PS i know typical question here, but as a person i just like to get all facts gather before starting something.
      Kind regards - TeemoTeemo
    • By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Sargeras - Alliance - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!

What We Offer:

The largest and most active World of Warcraft guild in the world, with 10,000 members in 10 different guilds, we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...

Raiding:

7/7 M + 5/10 M Progression 7 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: www.coguild.com/raiding

PvP:

Multiple PvP Teams An entire Sub-Guild dedicated to non-stop PvP action! Countless members constantly looking for BG Farming! Learn more about our PvP offering and sign up on or website: www.coguild.com/rbgs

For Socials:

Always active guild chat - 10 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spam, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as a staff member!
      Out of WoW:

Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft or 7DaysToDie Battlefield 1 + Battlefield 4 Clans Elder Scrolls Online Guild Rust Group Always active Discord w/ over 2500 connected users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways __________________________________________________________________

To Join:
      If you find yourself on Sargeras, simply ask for an invite! If you're not on Sargeras yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!

http://www.coguild.com/join

Contact Us:

You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.

Coldcrow#1329

Joberty#7753

Empathine#3105

OR

Email us at:

Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg

Swampage@currentlyonline.gg

We hope to see everyone in game!