Stan

Post-Game Performance Notifications Live

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

XBs8sLk.jpg

Post-game notifications let you know how well you've performed via pop-up notifications on the end-of-game summary screen.

Blizzard wanted to give us more stats and the new notification system was introduced at BlizzCon. Spyrian submitted an announcement that the new feature is now live.

Blizzard LogoSpyrian

Hi everyone,

At BlizzCon 2016, we spoke about how we’d like to bring you even more stats and other details about your in-game performance in Heroes of the Storm. Today, we’re excited to reveal a new system that will let you know when you’ve performed well in an in-game stat category via pop-up notifications on the end-of-game summary screen!

We’ve been quietly testing these notifications among a small number of players over the past few days in order to dig up any initial bugs. We’re ready to roll this system out to more players today, and provided everything goes smoothly, the entire Heroes of the Storm community within a week or two. Read on for an overview about how the system works:

Post-Game Performance Notifications
  • On the post-game Summary screen, players will now be notified when they have performed well in an in-game stat category during the match.
    • A wide variety of stats can be highlighted in this way, including takedowns, XP earned, Mercenaries captured, Battleground Objectives completed, and so on.
    • Performance is measured against averages generated over the past 7 or 30 days, depending on the stat.
    • Average stat numbers may appear different from game to game, as they are based on the length of the match.
  • Post-game Performance Notifications can take two forms:
    • Individual: Received when the player performs better than usual.
    • Versus the Community: Received upon outperforming similarly skilled players in the same login region and game mode.
  • Players will not receive performance notifications after every game.
    • Notifications will not display unless the player outperforms their own or others’ averages in a stat category.
    • Notifications may not display if there is insufficient data about the player to create a meaningful statistic.
    • Even players who are top performers in every way will not always receive notifications.

As with any new feature, we hope you’ll share feedback with us on your experiences with post-game performance notifications. We plan to continue working toward bringing changes and improvements to it over time, so let us know what you think and how it can get even better. 

Please also keep in mind that you may encounter bugs with performance notifications. If you do, we want to read about them. Be sure to stop by the official Bug Report forum to let us know about any issues you find.

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy getting your hands on these new stats!

(Source)

This is how the notifications look like in action:

FnxvgwA.jpg

The image is a courtesy of redditor DavesenDave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      The latest Heroes of the Storm content patch is now live with Mal'Ganis, disabled Haunted Mines, and changes to certain Support abilities to only work on Heroes.
      Patch Highlights
      Mal'Ganis is now live and you can check out our build guide here. The Hero is also available in the talent calculator. The game no longer supports DirectX9 and the 32-bit version of the client. Haunted Mines have been removed from all gameplay modes. Ana's Healing Dart now pierces targets at full Health. Multiple Support abilities have been reworked to only work on Heroes. Blizzard (Source)
      General
      Heroes of the Storm no longer supports DirectX 9 and the 32-bit version of the client. Battlegrounds
      Unranked Battleground Rotation:
      The Battleground Rotation for all Unranked modes has been adjusted to the following: Alterac Pass Battlefield of Eternity Blackheart's Bay Braxis Holdout Cursed Hollow Dragon Shire Garden of Terror Hanamura Temple Infernal Shrines Sky Temple Tomb of the Spider Queen Towers of Doom Volskaya Foundry Warhead Junction Haunted Mines: Haunted Mines has been removed from all gameplay modes. It will still be available to be played in Custom Games. Mercenaries: Sappers can no longer have their charge attack interrupted by a Silence effect. Silencing Sappers will still prevent them from starting to channel this ability New Hero: Mal'Ganis (Warrior)
      Cunning and intelligent, Mal'Ganis was chosen to bring Arthas Menthil into the Lich King's service. After manipulating the prince into purging Stratholme of life, he finally fell to Frostmourne as Arthas's first act as the Lich King's champion... yet a demon does not die so easily.
      Trait
      Vampiric Touch Mal'Ganis heals for 45% of damage dealt to enemy Heroes and 15% of damage dealt to non-Heroes. Basic Abilities
      Fel Claws (Q) Violently slash in the chosen direction, dealing 78 damage to enemies. Reactivate to slash up to 2 more times. The third slash Stuns enemies for 0.75 seconds. Necrotic Embrace (W) Desecrate the air, dealing 119 damage to nearby enemies and gaining 25 Armor for 3 seconds. Night Rush (E) After 0.75 seconds, gain 50% Movement Speed for 2 seconds. While active, Mal'Ganis can move through enemy Heroes and put them to Sleep for 2.5 seconds. Heroic Abilities
      Carrion Swarm (R) After 1 second, disperse into an Invulnerable swarm of bats for 3 seconds, dealing 74 damage per second to enemies. Vampiric Touch heals for 100% of Carrion Swarm's damage to Heroes. Dark Conversion (R) Channel on an enemy Hero for 0.75 seconds, then swap Health percentages with the target over 3 seconds. Design
      Support Heroes
      We've unified certain Support abilities to only work on Heroes (not minions or Mercenaries): Alexstrasza
      Gift of Life (Q) Breath of Life (Q-Dragon Form) Brightwing
      Pixie Dust (E) Li Li Healing Brew (Q) Rehgar
      Healing Totem (Active - Level 4) Earth Shield (W - Level 13) Tyrande
      Light of Elune (Q) Uther
      Holy Light (Q) Heroes
      Support

Ana
      Abilities
      Healing Dart (Q) Healing Dart will now pierce targets at full Health. Collection
      New Bundles
      The following new bundles are available for a limited time! Mal'Ganis Heroic Bundle Death & Undeath Bundle Meat Wagon Bundle New Announcer
      Mal'Ganis New Mount
      Meat Wagon Northrend Meat Wagon Blackrock Meat Wagon Deathguard Meat Wagon New Skins
      Mal'Ganis Dreadmachine Mal'Ganis Neocarbon Dreadmachine Mal'Ganis Master Deadmachine Mal'Ganis Infernal Mal'Ganis Northrend Mal'Ganis New Portraits, Sprays, and Emojis
      Several new emoji packs and portraits have also been added to the game.  Bug Fixes
      General
      AI Heroes: Fixed multiple cases of AI-controlled Heroes incorrectly using their abilities. Spell Power: Fixed an issue where Spell Power would no longer affect a Hero’s abilities after they died. (For example: Jaina’s Blizzard will now continue to deal bonus damage if she received increased Spell Power but died before the second and third waves.) Statis/Time Stop: Fixed an issue where player created terrain could move Heroes affected by Stasis or Time Stop. Battlegrounds
      Garden of Terror: Fixed an issue where all three Garden Terrors could spawn in a single lane. Minions/Mercenaries: Fixed an issue where Heroes could block the movement of Catapults, preventing them from passing through intact gates. User Interface
      Fixed an issue where a space would appear before the player’s name in a Whisper. Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
      Ana: Fixed an issue where Ana’s Shrike healing was not accurately reflecting her damage done (via Spell Power or her target’s Armor). Chromie: Fixed an issue where Temporal Loop’s return location would appear incorrect if a movement ability was used by the target. Diablo: Fixed an issue where Diablo would not be displaced by knockback and similar effects while casting Overpower. Gall: Fixed an issue where not all cases of Damage Reduction would work on Gall. Gul’dan: Fixed an issue where Darkness Within’s bonus Spell Power would not increase the healing of Drain Life. Kharazim: Can now Radiant Dash to all allied units, including Mercenaries, Creep Tumors, and Toxic Nests. Li-Ming: Fixed an issue where Tal Rasha's Elements would grant bonus damage to Calamity after being twice in a row. Murky: Egg Hunt’s Slime no longer benefits from Slime talents. Sylvanas: Targets of Mind Control will now clear their move orders when affected by the ability. Uther: Fixed an issue where Holy Fire’s damage was affected by Spell Power. Mal'Ganis is now live and it's time to check out our build guide and the official patch notes.
    • By Stan
      Alan Dabiri announced that he's leaving his current position as Game Director for Heroes of the Storm and he's moving on to another project at Blizzard.
      Alan Dabiri has been Game Director ever since Dustin Browder stepped down in December 2016. He thinks the game is in the right hands right now, as developers continue to deliver interesting new Heroes and events. He's transitioning to a new team within the company. We wish him success in all his future endeavors.
      Here's the message he left on the official forums:
      Blizzard (Source)
      In my 20-plus years at Blizzard, I’ve had the privilege of working on many awesome Blizzard games in roles ranging from software engineer to technical director to game director. Across my many roles and games, my experience working on Heroes of the Storm ranks among the best of my development career. I’ve witnessed Heroes’ evolution from a StarCraft II mod to the amazing game you see today. Heroes’ development has been fueled by the shared excitement of our team and all of you in the community, and the game we’ve built together is the game I play almost every night.
      One of the best things about developing Heroes is the fact that this team is not afraid to try new things while always striving to learn and grow. It’s been part of our DNA from the very beginning, and it’s through years of experimentation that we’ve hit our stride both as a development team, and as a game. This is possible because Heroes has an exceptional development team of both Blizzard veterans and fresh faces who are all highly engaged with the game we’re making, and the players we’re making it for.
      It’s in this spirit of trying new things that I want to let everyone know that a few months ago, I accepted an opportunity to transition off my role as Heroes’ game director to heed Blizzard’s call and begin a new adventure elsewhere within the company. The game director has always been one part of the overall leadership team that drives Heroes forward and it’s been a privilege to work among some of the best game developers at every level on the team all the way up to our production director, Kaéo Milker. Leaving a team and game that I love is incredibly difficult, but seeing the steady strength, creativity, and commitment that Kaéo and the design, engineering, and art leadership teams consistently bring to Heroes has given me more than enough confidence to make this decision. I trust that the game is in the very best hands and their work these past few months has only reinforced my belief.
      They’ve released awesome new heroes like Yrel, Whitemane, Mephisto, and now Mal’Ganis, while building on the themed content drops that let the team do fun things that only Heroes can do. They brought the smackdown (plus my favorite mount, the Luchihuahua!) with Nexomania, finally brought an epic slice of Azeroth into the Nexus with the Alterac Pass Battleground, and joined the Raven Lord’s forces with the Fall of King’s Crest. On top of that, the team has also released awesome reworks like Raynor and Brightwing while adding exciting updates like third ban and Team League improvements. With so many awesome content and feature updates, you can see why I believe that the team has brought us the best year of Heroes of the Storm so far.
      And they’re not done yet. Heroes has one of the most passionate and dedicated development teams I’ve had the pleasure of working with, and they have a ton of exciting new content in development. I can’t wait for you all to see what they have in store for the rest of this year and beyond. You can bet that I’ll be right there enjoying it with you as it’s released, too. I’m sure you’ll agree when I say that Heroes is in a great place and I promise that it’s in the hands of the best possible people to continue driving it forward. Kaéo and the Heroes team are people who play almost every night who also happen to get to work on making the game what it is today. With our continued input and support, they’ll keep doing what they do best by making Heroes of the Storm the most awesome game it can possibly be.
      I just want to sign off by saying thank you to all of you. I’ve had an incredible time working on this game and seeing you bring the battlegrounds to life every day. I’m so grateful for the enthusiasm you’ve brought to Heroes and all the changes you’ve encouraged us to make. I know the team deeply appreciates the feedback you share, so please keep it coming—and as always, I’ll see you in the Nexus!
    • By Stan
      Free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of October 16 and features Yrel, Chromie, Chen, and more.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 16, 2018
      Malfurion Valla Gazlowe Johanna Thrall Dehaka Lúcio Falstad Li-Ming Alarak Yrel (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5) Tassadar (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10) Chen (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15) Chromie (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20) (Source)
    • By Stan
      Heroes of the Storm Highlights are back with a brand new episode of WTF Moments!
      Episode 114 starts with Sgt. Hammer catching an escaping Sylvanas with her Concussion Mine, Alarak absorbing Kaelthas' Pyroblast for Blaze, killing him with Discord Strike, and more.
      Let us know your favorite moment in the comments below and don't forget to submit your replays here for a chance to be featured in an upcoming episode! of WTF Moments.
      Previous Episodes
      WTF Moments Episode 113 WTF Moments Episode 112 WTF Moments Episode 111
    • By Stan
      Hero sales for next week include Rexxar and Zul'jin. Various skins will also become purchasable with gems starting October 16.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Heroic Deals: October 16 – October 23, 2018
      Our next set of Heroic Deals will begin on Tuesday, October16! Check out the list of upcoming featured items and Hero discounts below.
      Upcoming Hero Sales
      Zul’jin— Sale Price: 375 gems Rexxar — Sale Price: 250 Gems The following skins and mounts will be added to the featured item rotation and will become purchasable with gems until this round of Heroic Deals comes to an end:
      Upcoming Featured Skins
      Emberlord Zul’jin Covert Raider Rexxar Dark Nexus Alarak Toxic Love Doctor Morales Golden Cyberdemon Zarya Violet Roller Derby Nova Upcoming Featured Mounts
      Shadowmoon Hellboar Copper Cloud Serpent