FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cynthaea

Need help with UI as Holy Priest

Hello all,

I am a relatively new player and rolled Holy priest. I have trouble with configuring what Unit Frames to use. I have tried using VuhDo but it seems buggy and takes a lot of time for me to get to work right for me. I abandoned that for Healbot, which worked well, but I wasn't too happy about it. I then used Healium after a guildie suggested it, it seems nice enough for the kind of newbie that I am, but the problem with that is when I heal world bosses, it shows only people in my group in the frame.(I am guessing that healing only the people in my group is my job so it should be ok?)

Anyway, the point is I have used a lot of addons but still haven't found anything that I am comfortable with. I'd really appreciate it if someone can give me tips and point me in the right direction. I am comfortable with mouse over macros and try to use them while single target healing. Somehow, I feel like I can improve my heals with a better UI/Unit frame.

well, I am personally a binder, and not a mouseover healer.

I click a player and cast a bound heal.

I use ElvUI as my interface addon, I find it to be very helpfull and I always customize it differently for each class. As far as mouseovering goes, you can ofc always use macro's for it, which you seem to be comfortable with. I have never licked things like Healbot and clique, though I hear alot of good things about.

There is one more addon I use, it is called TellMeWhen (I think it is similar to WeakAuras) you can make Icons appear anywhere on your screen when certain events happen, I use it to check if a whole group has lost 20% of their health, to check cooldowns on abilities, and check procs.

Maybe someone else has some other suggestions.

Grid + Clique is a very popular and strong option. It is extremely customizable and can be a bit duanting to setup at first but here are planty fo great guides out there to help. If you really want it easy, the blizzard raid frames with mouseover macros actually work quite well these days especially with Omen timers. They will track the debuffs, buffs, hots, etc and you can adjust the size of the frames plus position as well.

I too use healium for my holy spec and although its not the greatest addon to use it does the job for me, in terms of healing more people in other groups just simply go to the options and click show all raid groups this will fill your screen with frames which is a little annoying but as a holy Priest u should be focusing on DPS group healing all I do is click off tanking groups and arrange the DPS groups down the left side of my screen just remember to hide raid groups after world bosses/raids and switch back to party group. Like the others mentioned there are some really good healing addons out there its just the matter of finding the one that suits your play style and Im sure there are a lot better ones then Healium Im just so used to it now Im too lazy to learn a new interface addon -_-

Thank you all for the inputs. Thanks, GreyLady, let me see if I can use Healium the way you suggested. If not I can try Grid+Clique. I rolled this priest only to heal, and I want her to do the job she was intended for, which is why I am being fussy about this.