Destuinne

Mastery > Vers

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

Are there any other demon hunter that would agree Mastery is better than versatility?

Reason I'm saying this is, on an average raid boss (I am mythic raiding) my Chaos Strike will account for about 40-50% of my damage, sometimes even higher, whereas Throw Glaives and Bloodlet, make up about 30%, and fel rush, retreat and Fury make up the rest.

Everything except for Throw Glaives and Bloodlet use Chaos Damage. Building crit/vers gave me about 12% versatility max, whilst with not yet full crit/mastery gear, I am getting about 25% mastery.

That means, Fel Rush, Chaos Strike, AA under Chaos Blades and when in Demon Form Annihilation, all do Chaos Damage.

So whereas with Versatility, I am getting a DPS buff of 13% on all my abilities, with Mastery I am getting a 25% damage increase on 70% of my damage, and lossing 13% damage on my glaives.

This seems far beneficial to getting a flat 13% increase on everything?

I am consistently in the top 3 single target on raid bosses over 7-8 minutes, and normally clean up top by 10-20% in Mythic Plus's using this build, and I expect that to be higher when I am full Crit/Mastery, and this is with me only being 871 currently.

Is there something I am missing or is the stat priority for Havoc completely wrong on here?

Yeah as proven by the taiwanese that is rank one in almost every mythic boss. Havoc dps is all about what you can burst while in demon form. I think mastery proves better specially if you have the BiS ring. as all your damage comes from chaos strike.

Edited by kekq

I would have to agree I have trouble finding vers gear sick of being low on the dps going to dump into mastery I can be 867 with mastery gear gonna see how it pans out

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time (CT)
      CURRENT PROGRESSION: 8/8N, 6/8H
      iLVL REQUIREMENT: 350+

CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Tank Healer DPS ABOUT US
      Currently looking for skilled and laid back raiders for Heroic and eventually Mythic Uldir.
      We're semi-casual in terms of the time we spend raiding, but are serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      Booty Pirates is a close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out.
      Players wanting just Mythic+ and a casual experience (no raiding) are welcomed!
      Fun guild events are scheduled every Saturday!
      TLDR; we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other.
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      GOALS FOR BfA
      In Battle for Azeroth we plan to push Mythic more than we did previously in Legion, and not spend nearly as much time on Heroic. 
      This means we will jump into Mythic/Heroic weekends as soon as the majority of the Heroic gear is done. (Mythic Friday and Heroic Sunday, for example, until we phase Heroic out completely.) 
      JOINING THE BOOTY PIRATES CREW
      - Mythic+ or Casual: Add me on Battle.net or whisper me in-game for an invite.
      - Raiders: Add me on Battle.net and fill out our app.
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
      In-Game Name: Pluu
    • By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎 JOIN US!
      We are currently 8/8 Normal Uldir and 2/8 Heroic Uldir  -- Kickin' ass and hell with their names!
      1st  raid - Sun/Tues/Thurs 600-830pst
      2nd raid - Fri/Mon 530-800pst
      We ARE one of Skywall's largest and oldest standing guilds! Very active with a large player base. ALWAYS something going on, mythic dungeon runs, normal runs for alts, Island Expeditions, Arathi Highlands Warfront, PVP events.... always something!!!
      Come experience the reason a guild as old as CD continues to stand and stand strong year after year after year! Come...... and get.... CORRUPTED!!!
      Chu#12466 or Deni#1743
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a casually serious progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00- 9:15 Central Time. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. We raid with a goal oriented focus, to achieve AotC in current content and then progress into Mythic. We also have a few that pvp, a few more that push M+'s, and we've been known do a few mog/achievement runs.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Raid Lead - Keelhaul (Herve#1737)
      Director - Safaldi (Saffy#1122)

• By Kaatra
      Hi everyone,

We are a guild that transferred from Alexstrasza to join the progression raiding scene as that server is very low population now. We are currently 8/8N and 4/8H uldir, and looking to move into heroics soon and mythic just after. 

We do more than just raid, we love to do keys, transmog runs, and even some PvP. We have a large range of players from several walks of life and have a unique and fun atmosphere, we are friendly and love helping people. 

We are looking for a few more members for our Sunday/Monday 5-8pm PST, and our tue/third 5-8pm PST. If anyone is interested in raid leading that will work too.

We are primarily east coast based but have a plethora of players that are on at all times of day.

Main needs for our raid team:
      ranged dps
      Healers
      Exceptional players

Of course all players as welcome as we do other guild activities such as world PVP, keys, xmog and other social activities.

So come join this very active guild and we hope to hear from you.

If you would like more information please add my btag at Kaatra#5865.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
    • By Verrin
      The Fever Clan Is recruiting more mainspec healers and dps for our raid group. We are a Horde guild on Mal'Ganis. Our raid schedule is Thursday and Friday 8pm to 11pm server time (9pm to midnight Eastern time). We also welcome anyone who wants to join our groups to push mythic keys or individuals just looking to hang out. We are also part of The Fever Gaming community which holds weekly events in various other games. Feel Free to check out our site at www.TheFeverClan.com. If you would like more information or want to join please contact myself or Decimous.