FORUMS
Friedbones

WoW Warlock AffDot addon Question

Hello all.  I was just reading up on what addons Icy Veins suggested and noticed AffDot was one of them for Affliction Warlock use.  However, when I took a look at the this addon at Curse, it shows it is really old and has not been updated for Legion, according the information at Curse.

World of Warcraft    6,805 Monthly Downloads
Supports: 6.0.31    004,921 Total Downloads
Updated Feb 19, 2015    Created Nov 6, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a replacement for this addon since it seems not to have been updated for some time?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Edited by Friedbones

15 hours ago, Friedbones said:

Hello all.  I was just reading up on what addons Icy Veins suggested and noticed AffDot was one of them for Affliction Warlock use.  However, when I took a look at the this addon at Curse, it shows it is really old and has not been updated for Legion, according the information at Curse.

World of Warcraft    6,805 Monthly Downloads
Supports: 6.0.31    004,921 Total Downloads
Updated Feb 19, 2015    Created Nov 6, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a replacement for this addon since it seems not to have been updated for some time?

Thanks in advance for any info.

There are many Dot trackers out there. Some of the most popular ones are Ellipsis, Raven and Gnosis. I personally have only used the latter but that was years ago.

If you are serious about making a good UI and putting some time into it I personally I would suggest using Weak Auras and possibly also a boss frame mod to help with targeting/mouseover dotting (I use ElvUI but there are lots of different ones). Also nameplate addons can help with dotting as well depending on how you find it easier to manage.

I suggest WAs as it can pretty much track everything (DoTs, buffs, CDs) and it is very customisable. You can import a full profile as well so you are ready to go so the initial setup is not too bad. Then though you decide to make changes or get more technical and sooner or later you realise you have spent dozens of hours with it! However, if this does not sound like you check out the different DoT trackers around. 

I used affdots until snap-shotting went away. Now I just use WA as it can be set up to track just about anything you can think of without needed to know LUA code