Stan

How to Fix Long Loading Screens

Sign in to follow this  

13 posts in this topic

5IR6MHB.jpg

Redditor CorneliusKap shared a method that fixes long logging screens for Dalaran.

The Dalaran login screen takes ages we all know it. Here's a method that will help you dramatically reduce loading times.

• In the Battle.net Launcher, navigate to General Settings
  • You will see Advanced Settings at the very bottom.
  • Disable "Use browser hardware acceleration when available"

6lR7ufC.png?1

Now you should see improved logging screens in capital cities.

(Source)

wow. my thing was clicked, but I still thought it was pretty slow. I wonder how much more slower it can possibly be *cringe*

Edited by greatCraft

I don't know why this works but it works. I assumed my terrible load times were due to my old computer and running wow on an external hd.

Nice catch!

Will apply it to see how fast it will get.

Btw, what will be the effect of it in game?

Edited by gurupak

Thank you so much! WoW used to take so long to load into Dalaran that I would get disconnected, now I can load into Dalaran in seconds!

Normally the Dalaran loading screen gets stuck at 100% and i have to close WoW and relaunch to get it to work.   WIth this method it still takes the same amount of time, but i dont have to relaunch WoW!   :D

this works but only for couple of hours.I got same issue since patch 7.1 - long loading times and ctrl-alt-del after every HS/teleport, so I turned off streaming 4 day ago, it helped but ater next  ~24 hours it was all back again.

What really helped me and many ppl was decreasing view distance down from 10 in game settings. I've set view distance from 10 to 4 and it decreased loading times for me significantly (down from 4-5 minutes to couple of seconds).Other players reported that decrease from 10 to 7 worked for them too.
It seems like the game is pre-loading the entire zone every time we change location/use portal/HS if v.d. setting is set to max 10 distance, so it causes problems for players with MAX on and w/o SSD disc.

Edited by Kopuliak
  • Like 1

Changing "use browser hardware accelaration when available" to Disable helped me not much. It helps me only to not needed relaunch wow at 100% loading screen.

16 hours ago, Kopuliak said:

I've set view distance from 10 to 4 and it decreased loading times for me significantly (down from 4-5 minutes to couple of seconds).Other players reported that decrease from 10 to 7 worked for them too.
It seems like the game is pre-loading the entire zone every time we change location/use portal/HS if v.d. setting is set to max 10 distance, so it causes problems for players with MAX on and w/o SSD disc.

That helped me a lot. It decreased loading screen from ~~5min to 30 secs? Now I feel I can play :')

On 11/25/2016 at 2:11 PM, kerfi said:

That helped me a lot. It decreased loading screen from ~~5min to 30 secs? Now I feel I can play :')

Glad to see that you got the help you needed!

... 5 mins!?  holy jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh... 

On 11/25/2016 at 8:11 AM, kerfi said:

32 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

... 5 mins!?  holy jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh... 

Really puts your own long loading screens into perspective, huh? :D

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

It's time for Burning Crusade & Black Temple Timewalking! Players now have access to Artifact Knowledge level 48, a new Argus world boss is up and Hallow's End is here until November 1.
      Artifact Knowledge Level 48
      All players now have access to Artifact Knowledge level 48. By the time Antorus opens, it will be easy to catch up on your Artifact level to unlock all Netherlight Crucible slots.
      Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Teeming Quaking Fortified Argus World Boss
      Mistress Alluradel is up this week. Don't forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate for a bonus roll. All Argus world bosses in Greater Invasion Points drop ilvl 930 loot. More details can be found in our Greater Rift guide here. Argus Weekly Quests
      Fuel of a Doomed World: Collect 50 Pristine Argunite from Invasion Points, Rare encounters, or treasure chests on Argus to receive 300 Veiled Argunite. Invasion Onslaught: Complete 3 Invasion Points to get 200 Veiled Argunite. Burning Crusade Timewalking (Oct 17 - 24)
      While this event is active, players level 71 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales playrs and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Burning Crusade Expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player's natural level. During Burning Crusade Timewalking, you may assemble a raid group of between 10 and 30 players, travel to Shattrath City in Outland, and speak with Vormu to access a Timewalking version of the Black Temple raid. Complete 5 Timewalking dungeons for the weekly quest "A Shrouded Path Through Time". Rewards: Accolade of Victory (Artifact Power token) Cache of Fel Treasures (1 piece of item level 900 loot from Tomb) 1 Seal of Broken Fate Timewalking items now have a base item level of 880, so they're good for gearing up alts. All Timewalking dungeons have a small chance to drop Reins of the Infinite Timereaver (personal loot). Let's not forget about Black Temple Timewalking! Demon Hunters can once again obtain Arsenal: The Warglaives of Azzinoth from I'll Hold These For You Until You Get Out. Hallow's End (Oct 18 - Nov 1)
      Hallow's End celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge. Fun and mischief reign as the Innkeepers of Azeroth give treats, and tricks, to whomever asks. You can get a new pet this year - Naxxy. Learn what's new in Hallow's End 2017. PvP Brawl: Packed House (Oct 17 - 24)
      In Packed House, there’s nowhere to hide as you face not 2, not 3, not 5, but 15 adversaries in this 15 vs. 15 Arena battle. Win a PvP Brawl for "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy. World Boss Withered J'm
      Search for the  DEADLY: Withered J'im quest in Azsuna.
      World Boss Loot Tables
      Cave Skulker's Helm Dingy Suramar Mercantile Signet Drape of the Mana-Starved Magic-Warped Hood Mana Scavenger's Mask Manacrystal-Adorned Helmet Unstable Arcanocrystal
    • By Stan

Hallow's End starts in World of Warcraft this week. What's new this year?
      Hallow's End 2017 Update (Oct 18 - Nov 1)
      You can now queue up for the Headless Horseman at lower levels, so the chances of getting The Horseman's Reins mount are better than last year. You can transmogrify holiday-themed gear throughout the event. A new pet has been added this year. Naxxy is a mini version of Naxxramas. You can purchase it for 150 Tricky Treats. It's BoE, and you can sell it. Headless Horseman's loot will be updated to item level 880. Naxxy Abilities
      Plague Breath (Level 1) Sticky Web (Level 2) Leech Life (Level 4) Death Coil (Level 10) Frost Nova (Level 15) Drain Blood (Level 20)
    • By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 9/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366 

(We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=248100
    • By Beautyman
      You read that correctly, one of the most iconic and long-standing guilds within the realms of Quel’Thalas and Azjol’Nerub is looking for new players to bolster its Mythic ranks.
      Tell me more, tell me more!
      Scion is a longstanding World of Warcraft guild consisting of both social and raiding players. We are a group of friendly people that are open for any player who is looking to improve his or her performance in the game while having an enjoyable stay. 
      Did you get very far?
      Our guild is currently progressing through the Mythic version of Tomb of Sargeras whilst preparing for the opening of Antorus. We aim to get as much progress as possible before rushing into the new raiding content.
      Enough Grease. Time for some raiding information.
      We currently raid on Wednesdays and Sundays from 8PM-11PM server time with a raiding team that is constantly evolving into a strong example of leadership and teamwork. If you are looking to be part of this experience we are definitely looking for you!
      What are the requirements?
      Preferably, you already have experience with Mythic raiding and obviously with raiding itself. The core requirement of Scion is that you are a well-organized player who can tend to the needs of a Mythic raiding team. Those needs consist of hard work, being self-critical and have a determined slash patient mindset.
      What’s in it for me?
      The guild offers you an enjoyable and memorable time within the World of Warcraft. We are friendly bunch of social talkers who take joy out of a little banter from time to time. However, we strive to be as professional and hard-working as possible during raid hours and any time it takes to prepare for the challenge that raiding offers. Obviously, we look to provide assistance within this preparation by supplying resources and valuable information.
      You won me over. I’m in it, to win it. Ha-ha.
      That’s great! We are always eager to get in touch with curious and interested possible new recruits. Please contact one of the officers or guild master by adding either one of the following people: Bossly#2272 or Beautyman#2868
    • By Stan

Earn extra gold during Hallow's End from farming Coin of Many Faces in Shadowmoon Valley!
      Coin of Many Faces transforms you into a random Garrison follower for 1 hour. The item is very popular and it can be farmed only during Hallow's End. The farming spot is in Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor). The mobs are located on a small island (40, 83).
      Map

(Source)
      Coin of Many Faces can be looted from the following creatures:
      Boneship Reveler Brackish Cultivator Captain Bonerender Growing Squashling Salty Dreg The mobs will despawn after Hallow's End ends on November 1. Do not sell the coins right away, as there will be an influx in supply. Sell them at a higher price after Hallow's End is over.