FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nimiah

(Assass) Agonizing vs Exsanguinate

I'm at ilvl882 equipped and it looks like I still sim over 14k higher DPS with Exsanguinate (441k) than Agonizing (427k). I don't particularly mind that, since I find Agonizing extremely boring to play compared to Exsang, but what's going on here? I've also been performing lower than expected in Mythic and can't reliably hit my simmed DPS during tank&spank, so I'm unsure what to trust.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Nimiah/simple

SimC:  Exsanguinate and Agonising.

Edited by Nimiah

5 hours ago, Nimiah said:

I'm at ilvl882 equipped and it looks like I still sim over 14k higher DPS with Exsanguinate (441k) than Agonizing (427k). I don't particularly mind that, since I find Agonizing extremely boring to play compared to Exsang, but what's going on here? I've also been performing lower than expected in Mythic and can't reliably hit my simmed DPS during tank&spank, so I'm unsure what to trust.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Nimiah/simple

Without logs there isn't too much I can do to tell you what  you're doing wrong

That said, I assume it's probably two things: Bleed uptime and Elaborate Planning uptime

4 hours ago, Carrn said:

Without logs there isn't too much I can do to tell you what  you're doing wrong

That said, I assume it's probably two things: Bleed uptime and Elaborate Planning uptime

I'm mentioning simulations here! I'm waiting until Agonising starts simming higher than Exsang before I switch and start using it in raids so I don't have logs to show for it yet. I keep storing mastery sidegrades and using the gear I get however I can to maximize, but I really didn't expect Exsanguinate to still be the better choice this late and it worries me since you guys don't even consider Exsanguinate a competitive talent choice in the guide anymore.

With the following SimC strings: Exsanguinate and Agonising (I have a couple sidegrades here). Exsang is pulling ahead by 14k over 5 minutes even though I'm i882 and >100% mastery with ago. Am I running the sims wrongly or is it that Exsang still remains the better choice because of Zoldyck and the gear I have available?

Edited by Nimiah

3 hours ago, Nimiah said:

I'm mentioning simulations here! I'm waiting until Agonising starts simming higher than Exsang before I switch and start using it in raids so I don't have logs to show for it yet. I keep storing mastery sidegrades and using the gear I get however I can to maximize, but I really didn't expect Exsanguinate to still be the better choice this late and it worries me since you guys don't even consider Exsanguinate a competitive talent choice in the guide anymore.

With the following SimC strings: Exsanguinate and Agonising (I have a couple sidegrades here). Exsang is pulling ahead by 14k over 5 minutes even though I'm i882 and >100% mastery with ago. Am I running the sims wrongly or is it that Exsang still remains the better choice because of Zoldyck and the gear I have available?

My comment was about you reliably hitting sim targets; can't see what might be the issue without logs. Even then though, Sim DPS is typically patchwerk style - no movement, no mechanics, just a target.

I usually see people having upwards of 115% Mastery before Agonizing starts pulling ahead, so if you only have just over 100% it sounds like you're doing everything fine

As for the guide, it's really only there to give people a baseline. I agree that Exsang should have more emphasis put on it, but I didn't write it so there's not much I can do :P

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Noxe/simple

Just to try and lessen your worries a little more, Noxe is still using the bleed build as well :P