maviebris

Need BM RDPS Help

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I'm worried that my time invested in BM is for not. However, with the changes coming to MM, my thoughts are that BM may still be a viable raiding spec. I enjoy BM because of its freedom of movement.  A dead hunter does no damage, and that my motto. With that being said, I want to be sure I'm maximising my damage output. I'm currently waiting on some drops, namely trinkets, which I've been incredibly unlucky with, but other than that, I'm geming for mastery, and enchanting agi where needed. Currently, in raids, with flasks and potions, I've been ranging in dps from about 265-310, depending on the fight.  Given my gear, I feel like I should be doing more. I'm unsure if I'm hitting a ceiling with BM, or if it is something I'm doing wrong. I've been following the standard rotation posted on icy-veins, and even under normalized conditions on training dummies (no flasks etc...), under 2-3 min rotations, I've been peaking at around 270k dps. Any thoughts on this?

Here is a link to my armory. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Maviebris/simple

Wrong motto. Nothing forces MM to take more damage, they have same mobility from the standpoint of survivability. It's totally fine to interrupt casts to avoid taking extra damage. MM is likely to do more damage anyway.

That said, your DPS seems fine.

For example, last time I was on Heroic Ursok as MM with 870+ gear, I did 292k DPS. That's with suboptimal talents and consumables (weak prepot and no pot during combat), but I'd be unlikely to do more than ~320k at that point.

On 11/24/2016 at 10:59 AM, Iridar said:

Wrong motto. Nothing forces MM to take more damage, they have same mobility from the standpoint of survivability. It's totally fine to interrupt casts to avoid taking extra damage. MM is likely to do more damage anyway.

That said, your DPS seems fine.

For example, last time I was on Heroic Ursok as MM with 870+ gear, I did 292k DPS. That's with suboptimal talents and consumables (weak prepot and no pot during combat), but I'd be unlikely to do more than ~320k at that point.

Thanks for this info. I recently switched to BM from MM because I had a similar feeling of reaching a ceiling dps-wise with the gear I have 868. The RNG for MM has been a real killer lately with Marked Shot not procing consistently. And it's been a challenge to break that 300k dps plateau with any consistency. Blizz royally screwed with hunters in this xpac... but we've all heard that...

22 minutes ago, b1sojf91 said:

Thanks for this info. I recently switched to BM from MM because I had a similar feeling of reaching a ceiling dps-wise with the gear I have 868. The RNG for MM has been a real killer lately with Marked Shot not procing consistently. And it's been a challenge to break that 300k dps plateau with any consistency. Blizz royally screwed with hunters in this xpac... but we've all heard that...

They just changed our role a bit. MM went from single target to spread cleave, and BM to stacked AOE. Both specs seem to do more or less consistent single target damage with right talents. I'd say we're fine. We just used to being overpowered, now we got our wings clipped a bit, and we're just average, which is not too bad.

Will have to see what 7.1.5 will bring us numbers-wise.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dwas
      <Ethala Zaram>
      About Us
      Ethala Zaram is currently 7/7M EN 2/3M ToV 7/10M NH 8/9H ToS. We started out as a tight group of friends that not only wanted to clear raiding content but also wanted to have fun. We’ve been friends all throughout Warlords of Draenor and are always welcoming new friends to our guild. If you enjoy a good !@#$ talking and are a mature adult, then you will have no problem fitting in.
      Raid times Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 7:30-10:30PM CST.
      What we're looking for Melee and Ranged DPS! No Druids, sorry.
      What we need from you Basics. We are a competitive guild. We ask that you don't apply if you cannot make all raid days or currently have a general dissatisfaction with the game.
      Apply here - https://discord.gg/2gDnGEt
      When you join the discord server you'll be prompted to our "Welcome" Channel. Please post the following; Character Name/Realm Class/Spec Armory/Logs Raiding Experience. Feel free to add in anything extra
      Lazyboy001#1694 BigDucks#1374
    • By trap1021
      Idtrapdat-dethecus  character name
      logs-https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/dethecus/idtrapdat
      btag-Austifer#1452
      hello I switched to marksman since bm was shit I normally don't go for flavor of the month but I had better gear and legos for marks so I made the switch. Ever since I switched to marksman I have been having problems and I feel at this point I can do no more reading of this icy viens guide that will help I need someone to tell me in another way exactly what I'm doing wrong .
      one thing I changed that "FELT" better to me was too arcane shot too 115 focus then do 3 aimshots idk if that's my problem but I feel marked shotting at 70 focus then arcane then 2 aimshots is basically the same thing BUT I may be wrong. I really need some help and I welcome all criticism and any pointers don't be afraid to add me and chat with me thanks you so much

• By Felzietoo
      The Last Guardians on Khadgar / Alleria is recruiting for Heroic ToS progression. We are currently seeking DPS (Mage and Shaman DPS are a need) and a healer. (Willing to assist with gear as long you understand raiding concepts) Please contact Felzietoo-Alleria, Naporan-Khadgar or Shadowfoot-Khadgar for more information. We raid Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays 9:30-11:30 Eastern time. (8:30-10:30 Server Time)
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play; we hold ourselves accountable when utilizing the time we invest. We expect the same level of commitment in return. Our raiders know when to goof around and when to be serious.

Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122

-or-

lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - I'll get you in touch with one of the officers (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread so my brain won't explode)

http://www.hordelandsecurity.org
      (forgive the Pandaran background - web designer is on a looooong break)

Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!

• By Sojnekah
      Hey there, looking for some common mistakes I might be making in my gear or dps rotation that I am just not seeing. You'd think it would be pretty basic but my dps has been all over the place recently. 

I will be fighting kiljaeden (pretty standard) and have anywhere from 650-850dps average for the fight. It's gotten me kicked a couple times obviously despite being good on mechanics. I've reviewed several guides, made sure I am enchanted and gemmed... cannot figure it out. What am I doing wrong? (Yes low on meters for other fights as well though not always). 

924 iLevel, wearing legendary belt and chest (dont have tier to wear shoulders and chest)

67% Mastery (issue?) 
      24% Critical Strike
      29% Haste

Opener: Blood Fury, Tome (trinket), Crow, Bestial Wrath, Dire Frenzy, KC, AspectotW, Titan's Thunder, CS, KC, DF...

Repeat KC, CS, And cast DF whenever buff falls off or procs bonus. 

Talent Build is:
      Cobra
      Frenzy
      Posthaste
      Bestial
      Int
      Crow
      Killer Cobra

Helps, tips, advice welcome. 

Are there common mistakes to rotation i might be making even if u dont see it here? Should i be working hard to gear swap? I am at a loss and it is getting frustrating. Thanks