FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Poptix1450

Professions?

Is there really any benefit to leveling professions anymore other than cosmetic gear? IE; blacksmithing; leatherworking; tailoring.

Isn't it just a better route to do Jewelcrafting and Alchemy?

Edited by Poptix1450
Not specific enough

12 hours ago, Poptix1450 said:

Is there really any benefit to leveling professions anymore other than cosmetic gear? IE; blacksmithing; leatherworking; tailoring.

Isn't it just a better route to do Jewelcrafting and Alchemy?

Well, if you are a raider or M+ player, I'd say - yes, JW and Alchemy or even Ench and Alchemy are better and would allow you to be self-efficient with consumables.

BS, LW and Tailoring allow you to craft upgradable gear with BiS stats - it's not bad at all and if you don't participate in organized raiding or high M+, it's a good source of gear. In addition, you can craft gear, DE it in the Obliterum forge and sell Obliterum on AH - there's always a steady demand of it.

On 25.11.2016 at 8:26 AM, Pandacho said:

Well, if you are a raider or M+ player, I'd say - yes, JW and Alchemy or even Ench and Alchemy are better and would allow you to be self-efficient with consumables.

Not to mention the biggest benefit of running alchemy as raider: the flasks run two hours instead of one as soon as you have the recipe for them.

Honestly depends on what you want to do.  I think at a minimum you should take a gathering skill or two.  If you want Achievements you can level them.  Most of all I think the professions help me gear up alts.  Making Bags you can sell for gold.  Disenchanting can be used for Mats and selling for more gold than you can for Vendoring it.