vanillaice

Frost or Unholy?

Sign in to follow this  

12 posts in this topic

Hey all I'm a returning player and finally hit 110 on my death knight yesterday. I am currently playing a frost dk, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Unholy on the other hand looks pretty sweet... but from what I hear they are in a bad state atm. This might be to early to speculate, but anyone know if buffs are coming this next patch? Should I reroll now before I invest thousands of AP into frost relic? As cool as unholy looks, don't want to play a doomed spec...

I enjoyed it leveling, but wanted to dual wield.  You will have some survivability issues until you get used to how it's played and possibly gear appropriately(at least I did and still do to some extent).

Lol survivability was something I never even considered. Since I play an orc the frost relics look like tooth picks... biggest turn off really. Unholy simply looks more fun compared to frost (tbh I dont even have the first golden trait so things might change with that).

It comes down to mainly that frost is vastly better than unholy right now unless unholy has the legendary bracers, if they have the bracers they become about equal in terms of potential damage output. Unholy has 2 grips though with their pet which is something to keep in mind perhaps, while frost has better CC stun or blind, even slows.

Once you finish the class order quests, you get the "enhanced" appearance options that make them a little chunkier.

Additionally, the breath of sindragosa trait(first one the guide gets you to) hits like a truck.

2 hours ago, vanillaice said:

Alright well guess I'll stick with frost, just wish the relics didn't look like tooth picks lol.

Taking down the World Boss encounter this week unlocks a new artifact weapon skin.  The weapons are much larger.

9 hours ago, Jack4583 said:

What about using mastery as main stat?? No profit?

Mastery only buffs frost damage and since obliterate is performing the way it is, and deal physical damage, mastery isnt quite as useful as it was when FSc was the ST ability.

Nevertheless, as you gear up, mastery has it place.  Its just not necessarily something you should"stack".

Ok... This is my opinion.

I played both specs (unholy and frost). The good new is that they pretty much have the same stats priority at low ilvl. You would want crit until 25-30% then haste until 18-20% (no more than that at low ilvl) then mastery-versatility.

With those stats, you will be able to test both spec and see wich one you prefer between uh and frost. 

Actually, without legendary, I think frost perform extremely well while unholy will need a proper legendary to skyrocket... If you prefer Unholy, you can play frost while looting as unholy spec for your legendary.

I hope my advices help ☺️

Have fun, this is mostly important.

Edited by Daggnar

15 hours ago, Sniz said:

Mastery only buffs frost damage and since obliterate is performing the way it is, and deal physical damage, mastery isnt quite as useful as it was when FSc was the ST ability.

Nevertheless, as you gear up, mastery has it place.  Its just not necessarily something you should"stack".

Frost damage is about 60-70% of my total damage. It is not a bad stat at all. But versatility is pretty good too although I personally dont like this stat at all! ☺️

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this