FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Thargor

Unholy Trinket Help

Hi guys, here's my current armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Thargor/simple

I have an 860 Eye of Command and an 840 Terrorbound Nexus in addition to what's equipped (865 Memento of Angerboda, 860 Unstable Arcanocrystal). 

Curious what you guys think I should use. I've simmed myself and EoC + Unstable Arcanocrystal come out on top, barely. Currently I use Memento on heavy target switch fights and dungeons over EoC, with Arcanocrystal always. On pure single target I use EoC+Arcanocrystal. 

I read that Drtain really likes Terrorbound Nexus but I assume that the ilvl is way too low (840) to be useful with the one I just got. 

Anyways in general I'd like to swap some Mastery for Crit, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with where things are stat wise. Constructive criticism appreciated.

Thanks all!

thargor

I like terrorbound if you need AoE, and yeah EoC + Crystal is best for single target low target swapping, if there is a lot of target swapping use Boda instead of EoC.

Hey all,

Gotten a few upgrades and re-configured my gear a bit. Here are my current stats:

33% crit

20% haste

53% mastery

2% vers

My current trinket setups:

M+ low-level, high aoe: Terrorbound Nexus 840, Unstable Arcanocrystal 860

M+ high-level, medium aoe: Ursoc's Rending Paw (w/socket) 880, Unstable Arcanocrystal 860

Mythic Raids: Ursoc's Rending Paw (w/socket) 880, Unstable Arcanocrystal 860

I also have 865 Memento of Angerboda and 860 EoC (I use EoC for *pure* ST like heroic Nythendre or heroic Ursoc or heroic Guarm where I don't ever target swap). 

Am I right in thinking that Rending Paw, even though it's crap, is still best for ST/light target swapping because of the socket and high strength? I guess I'd be surprised if the proc from Memento (which I used to use for light target swapping) outweighs the strength.

I'd normally just sim but I've found sims to be really unreliable for trinkets.

Thanks all,

Thargor

If i were you i'd always be using ursocs paw and arcano crystal in all cases. Since you have a non-strength trinket (arcano crystal) and strengths value you is extremely high when you have the bracers probably need it to compensate for it. With that said I'm not saying you should try and replace your arcano crystal it's a very strong trinket for unholy and is pretty hard to replace over all I'd say if you managed a solid strength secondary stat trinket it'd probably out weigh your arcano crystal. With that said a lot of variables and you would probably wanna replace the ursocs paw first. More or less my point is arcano crystal is gonna be something you will be using for a while, and you need a good strength trinket to replace ursoc paw. Momento isn't really that strong like it's not bad it's probably the best aoe trinket, just aoe really isn't super needed, I recommend it in my guide for m+ but I don't really value you it that highly just because unholy natural aoe is so strong already.

Cool, thanks Drtain!

I'd assume if I get something like Ethereal Urn w/mastery and 875 strength that I would replace Rending Paw as mastery is so good, and from my reading going to be even better in 7.1.5 for UH.