FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
acidoxyde

Rotation during obliteration

So I went through the guide in icy veins and it clearly says that you shouldn't use your Rime procs during obliteration but I was watching a video that said that you should use them. So is it worth it to waste the extra global cd for a howling blast? I tried it and it just feels a lot more clanky. Also is it worth to use the extra rune for Remorseless Winter in ST situations? 

Thank you :)

11 minutes ago, acidoxyde said:

So I went through the guide in icy veins and it clearly says that you shouldn't use your Rime procs during obliteration but I was watching a video that said that you should use them. So is it worth it to waste the extra global cd for a howling blast? I tried it and it just feels a lot more clanky. Also is it worth to use the extra rune for Remorseless Winter in ST situations? 

Thank you :)

If you think about it, by using a cooldown on Rime during your obliteration phase you are simply trading your guaranteed KM obliterate for simply a *chance* to gain a second Rime w/n that time frame.

For me, i do what icey suggests and use up obliteration, then use the Rime because it will still be there when obliterate is over.

and yeah, i use RW when im low on runic power and have runes to spare.  Its better than a dry obliterate (if the target will be up for 8 seconds).

On 11/28/2016 at 3:42 PM, Sniz said:

If you think about it, by using a cooldown on Rime during your obliteration phase you are simply trading your guaranteed KM obliterate for simply a *chance* to gain a second Rime w/n that time frame.

For me, i do what icey suggests and use up obliteration, then use the Rime because it will still be there when obliterate is over.

and yeah, i use RW when im low on runic power and have runes to spare.  Its better than a dry obliterate (if the target will be up for 8 seconds).

This^

During obliteration every GCD is precious and you want to focus solely on Frost strike, obliterate, frost strike, obliterate, etc. You want to make sure to pop your CD's before hand. Every single thing you do that isn't frost strike or obliterate during the obliteration window is devaluing the talent. Rime howling blast is strong but rarely a top source of our dps. So, its fine to sit on the proc, you won't lose it. If your diseases are going to fall off during obliteration hard cast howling blast before hand, but obliteration window is only those 2 abilities period. 

Also pretty good idea to watch DBM or know the fight well. If you get a mechanic during obliteration window and have to move away from boss the talent is basically wasted that usage. 

12 hours ago, palles said:

You probably shouldn't have both those talents at the same time, but ... I think you'd still just do fs/ob/fs/ob/repeat.

Actually obliteration is awesome for lower gear FsC because you are guaranteed your crits. Otherwise the obliteration window doesn't change its just in this case ifs Frost strike/FsC/Frost strike/FsC/Frost strike/FsC etc instead of obliterate. 

Obliteration gives 2 benefits, lowering the rune cost of obliterate but your Frost Strikes guaranteeing the Killing Machine proc is the part that Frostscythe loves. 

• Like 1