Stan

WTF Moments Episode 70

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

mh3mQ14.jpg

A new episode of WTF Moments is up and it's full of fun! Chromie constantly traps Muradin in her time traps, preventing him to claim the tribute for his team. Chen tries to soak Nova's Triple Tap to prevent an ally's death, but Alarak's use of Telekinesis hinders that. E.T.C.'s epic boss steal, Gazlowe's stealthy core destruction and more can be seen in the 70th episode of WTF Moments.

WTF Moments is a series of videos that are created using user-submitted replays featuring interesting gameplay from the Nexus.

4 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Holy crap that Gazlowe.

I love how carefully calculated it was. Pause for the creeps. Move slightly. Pause for creeps, move out of vision. Then at the end it was just "Screw it!"

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

In the latest in-development video, Blizzard's showing off Garrosh, his Road Hog mount and other skins, sprays and portraits that will be added to the game soon.
      For a full preview of Garrosh's abilities and talents, visit our Garrosh Hero Overview. Garrosh will be available for gameplay on July 31!
      Garrosh's Mad Axe Color Variations

Garrosh Road Hog Mount

L800 ETC Skin

Anub'alisk Anub'arak Skin

Templar Li Ming Skin

Other skins are just new color variations of existing ones.
    • By Stan

Next week, Dehaka and the Rainbow Unicorn mount can be purchased in the in-game shop.
      The list of items was updated again and starting August 1, you can add Dehaka and Jaina to your collection. Dehaka is an awesome Warrior with strong global presence granted by his Brushstalker (Z ability). If you'd like a cool looking skin, Prototype Mecha Dehaka will be on sale under featured items!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Weekly Collection Update: Aug 1 – 8, 2017
      Next week's Collection Update will begin Tuesday, August 1! Check out the new list of featured items and Hero discounts below: Upcoming Hero Sales
      Dehaka — Sale Price: 375 Gems Jaina — Sale Price: 250 Gems The following Skins and Mounts will enter the Featured Item Rotation, and will be unlockable using Gems until next week's Collection Update:
      Upcoming Featured Skins
      Prototype Mecha Dehaka Crimson Succubus Kerrigan Kaldir Abathur Quartz High Gravity Zarya Albino Funny Bunny Murky Cryo Spectre Tracer Azure StormPunk Kael'thas Crimson Apothecary Morales Upcoming Featured Mounts
      Rainbow Unicorn Big Top Ringmaster's Pride
    • By Stan

Braxis Outpost has been chosen as this week's brawl. Complete three games on the single-lane map to earn a Loot Chest.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Rules:
      Shuffle Pick Choose from one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the battle on Braxis Outpost. Be quick about it though, you only have 30 seconds to choose! ARAM Rules Players cannot use Hearthstone Players do not heal at their starting location. (Hall of Storms) Cores have no shields Mercenary Camps Braxis Outpost features two mirrored Goliath & Raven mercenary camps. Be the first team to take down the enemy Core to claim victory! Rewards:
      Complete three matches of Braxis Outpost to earn a Loot Chest.
    • By Stan

Discussions continue about D.Va and her post-nerf win rate and Xul's nerfs from yesterday.
      D.Va
      At the time of nerfs, D.Va had the sixth highest win rate in Hero League for players that leveled her to 10 (Blizzard's standard metric). After nerfs she's at 48%  and it's very likely that some of her underperforming talents will be buffed. Blizzard (Source)
      Hey guys, I'm Alex from the Live/Balance Team and I wanted to chime in here.

At the time of the nerfs to D.Va, she had the 6th highest winrate in Hero League (~54%) for players that had leveled her to 10 or higher (our standard metric). She was behind only Malthael, Uther, Ragnaros, Probius, and Tassadar. A lot of those Heroes have also received nerfs since that point in time.

We also find that newer Heroes continue to trend up for a while, and our personal experience told us that players were still learning to be really effective with D.Va, so we believed that nerfs were correct.

She's now at 48%, and anecdotally I've never been upset to see a D.Va in my games (nor felt like I shouldn't play her when the team composition made sense).

It's very likely that we'll do more Talent tuning as we progress, which will likely result in buffs to some of the under-performing Talents. Overall, we won't always hit it perfectly the first time, as each Hero reacts differently to tuning, but we're always watching and will continue to make adjustments to get it right eventually. We care deeply for each Hero that is released, and want to see them have a nice place in the Nexus.

GG WP! Xul
      The intention of yesterday's changes was to nerf Xul, but at the same time, improve his W-oriented (Cursed Strikes) build. Devs want to make his three builds on par and they're closely monitoring his win rate. Blizzard (Source)
      Just pointing facts here. At the time i post this, Xul has a win rate of 55.8% or ~56% in hero league. I am waiting for the deserved nerf. Honestly, that champion is a beast, both in qm and hero league.
      We're watching. The intention of the changes yesterday were to nerf Xul, but make the Cursed Strikes (W) build a little better in the process (since it was about 5% lower winrate).

It's still too soon to make any conclusions, but an interesting observation is people are taking Grim Scythe oriented builds less often, which is leading to a rise in his winrate (since the build isn't performing as well on average).

Obviously that's not ideal, we want to make all 3 builds on par, but its one of the things that leads to a fluctuation in a Hero's overall winrate that we need to keep in mind.
      I love your posts. Feed us more hero data!!!
      Thanks again.

I am glad you are watching the situation closely. I just want to say something, though i doubt it is necessary. Please, don't try to balance the game only on 1 gamemode. Balance the game around every gamemode - QM, HL, Bot games.
      In general, we we aim to balance Hero League primarily, as that style of play usually trickles down into the other modes. If things are balanced there, we're usually in a pretty good spot in other game modes.

We do watch Quick Match especially to make sure nothing gets out of hand though. Certain Heroes thrive in the more chaotic Quick Match (and with less structured team compositions), so we expect some deviation from Hero League's results because of it. But if it makes for a degenerative experience, we'll make some changes trying to address just Quick Match problems when we need to.
    • By Stan

Senior Game Designer Matt Cooper talks about Brightwing, her current state and future changes. 
      The devs think Brightwing is in a healthy spot right now balance-wise and has good talent diversity. One exception to this are her Q talents. Her niche is a support with global mobility and there aren't any plans to change her Z. The fact that it has a long cooldown and can be interrupted with CC make it balanced. Her shield build was problematic when it was the only "correct" way to play her and invalidated her Z. On the other hand, the build was fun and had a strong sense of idenity and Blizzard would like to explore whether they can reintroduce some aspect of what made this build unique and fun. The community brought up that currently, there's no skill differentiation on Brightwing aka there's no difference between a good and a great Brightwing. The problem with Arcane Flare and its talents is their balance of effectiveness vs reliability. You don't get enough value from taking them compared to other options on the same tier and the team will be addressing it at some point when time allows. (Source)