BlueAlien

Firemage dps missing something

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Hello 

i started playing wow 1,5 months ago, and want to get better at it.

i play firemage, but feel like i dont do the dps i should, can someone see in the logs what i migth be doing wrong ? 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RYjwbCX4qG8LgDVH#type=summary&source=59&fight=23

Just had a short look at the Nythendra Kill.

Assuming this is you http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Bluealien/simple

1. You're not enchanted at all. Missing 400 Crit, 200 INT and a neck enchant (Hidden Satyr) which deals ~3% total DMG over a fight.

2. You're not using pots (Deadly Grace) which deals another ~6% total DMG.

3. You're not really "Pyro-fishing". Before using an instant Pyro, cast Fireball and immediatly at the end of the Fireballcast use the Pyro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lily said:

Just had a short look at the Nythendra Kill.

Assuming this is you http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Bluealien/simple

1. You're not enchanted at all. Missing 400 Crit, 200 INT and a neck enchant (Hidden Satyr) which deals ~3% total DMG over a fight.

2. You're not using pots (Deadly Grace) which deals another ~6% total DMG.

3. You're not really "Pyro-fishing". Before using an instant Pyro, cast Fireball and immediatly at the end of the Fireballcast use the Pyro.

Hmm cool i use deadly now. But prob did not do it on that run.  I will look into the echants. I thought i did the pyro-fishing but i think i will video recording my next fight and look at the errors i make.  What should my dps be around? I am ilvl 867 when i look at warcraftlogs i see the same ilvl doing so much more dps like 100-200 k more.  What you Write will prob increase my dps with 20 k. But yeah don't know if compareing myself to the Guys on warcraftlogs is the rigth thing to do.  Hope you can tell me what my dps should be atm. 

Thanks for the help. 

You can check your basic-mistakes with http://www.checkmywow.com/. (just but in a logreport and queue it)

Your Nethendra Kill says:

- 83% Heating Up Conversion (so you had Heating Up and had a cast to convert it to and instant Pyro)

- 2/3 Comb usage

- 8/11 Phoenix Flames

- 27/33 Fire Blast

So there're a lot of spells you're missing to cast and instant Pyros you're not getting, which leads to your DMG lack :)

Maybe you just need to get more used to the bossfight. I saw you canceling casts quite often ;)

Hi all, 

I kinda have the same problem, if i compare with other fire mages on warcraftlogs, with equivalent stuff, ilvl, legendary, etc.. guys are like 80-100k over mine sometimes.. I just can't find what i'm not doing or doing wrong. 

Here's my last raid logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vwKAxVJFX1NTmZQM#type=summary&fight=6&source=12

So i tried putting that log into   http://www.checkmywow.com  but I see nothing really wrong; any idears plz?

Thx, DonZeZe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nevaera
      Hello there!

<Shadow> on Argent Dawn has been going since 2009. We are a close-knit community and strongly believe in recruiting people who will fit in with us rather than just whoever is topping the meters. We also believe that having a busy RL life with job/family/social commitments and committing to Mythic raiding as a hobby we're all passionate about are not mutually exclusive. We are looking to bolster our line-up to push for Cutting Edge in Antorus.

About us

We progress raid Thursdays and Sundays, 20:00-23:00 and 19:30-22:30 respectively (all times server time)
      We have a non-mandatory farm raid Fridays at 20:30 that socials and alts are welcome to
      We use Discord for voice communication and have an active server to hang out, chat, and organise M+ runs
      We maintain a mature environment - having a laugh is great, but bullying, endless meme-spamming and the like are not welcome
      We believe in learning from your mistakes - you will never be yelled at, but you will be asked whether you know what you did wrong and how you can fix it

What we expect from recruits

Sign up to raids ahead of time and give us a heads-up in case of longer absences
      Be there 15 minutes before raid start and bring your own consumables as back-up to feasts and cauldrons
      Do your homework - research encounters thoroughly and understand them
      Understand and know how to play your class
      Have Discord installed and a working microphone, ready to speak when required but without cluttering up comms with chatter
      You don't need to grind to the point of burn-out, but keep up with AP traits and do M+ to hone your skills and supplement your gear
      Be a team player and bring a positive attitude. Wipes happen in Mythic. Constructive feedback is great, backseat raid leading is not.

What we are currently looking for

A rule that applies to all potential recruits is: We do not recruit for the bench, but we will always take the team that is most likely to defeat the boss and cannot promise everyone they will always be in for every fight. When things are equal in terms of performance and required composition, we much prefer to rotate people in and out over benching someone for an entire night.
      One Healer - Paladin preferred, but any class that isn't priest will be considered
      One Tank - Bear, Brewmaster or Blood DK
      Melee DPS - got one spot for a Rogue
      Ranged DPS - Boomkins, Shadow Priests, Warlocks and Hunters

If this sounds like the guild for you, check us out at shadow-wow.enjin.com or contact the Co-GMs Alec#2922 and NevNev#2669 for more info!

See you in Antorus!
    • By Shuppet
      I need guidance!
      I'm a returning player from the MoP era, I've played throughout TBC and beyond and currently I'm a iLvl 890 Mage. I haven't played any of Legion launch content, no 7.1/7.2 content when I first started playing again. Currently I've been doing all of the broken isles quests, currently on the last which is Suramar and my entire Broken Isles Rep standing is at Honoured across the board at this moment in time (btw this rep wall for flying is a joke).
      So here I am questing, doing dungeons and LFR. Multi-tasking multiple things, I've just received the last follower for the class hall quests, it's so overwhelming and I have no idea what I need to do to make sure I'm not missing out any tasty loot because I'm an avid completionist and wouldn't want to miss a mount or title or anything haha! But like I said, I'm so very overwhelmed by everything and I don't want to be doing things that I don't really need to do unless I get something shiny. Am I gonna be screwed if I skip the Broken Shore? Do i just go straight into argus? I love leveling alt characters but if i do all this, and have to do it again on an alt, I would be so angry. Obviously the Legion flying will benefit the alt, but if I can just skip to Argus(?), is it really worth it? Like jump straight into argus if its not gonna damage my alt toons chances of getting gear? WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING AND WHAT AM I WASTING MY TIME ON? - is the question I'm asking here. I hate missing a trick, please halp ! D;
    • By RaiTaebeck
      So, I'm currently maining Blood DK and that's the spec that I've gotten my 4 legends on. I do occasionally use UH and was wondering which of my legends would be most effective for it. Just a foreword, all of the gear that the legends replace is about equal; all 915-920 and don't cause any major stat changes so its not like using one legend over another causes me to use a bad piece. I have Soul of the Deathlord, which is the one I use most on UH, and I have  Shackles of Bryndaor, Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, and Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. Does the Shackles passive work on UH, if so, could that be a better boost for Val'kyr[Dark Arbiter Talent] (b/c you can cycle more RP)? Other than that I'm just wondering which out weighs the other, STR or the secondaries?
      Edit: and just in case it makes a difference, my talent build is; http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/unholy/c75z
    • By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! (Healing offspec preferable but not required) ABOUT US
      915+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others.

We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS to help fill out our roster for Antorus.

We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance and performance.

We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!

Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)

New, returning and veteran players welcomed.

Fill out our Guild Application!
      Battle.net ID: Narii#1891, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      Booty Pirates Website