FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Exo

Survival Haste vs Crit

Tehstool, he said he's playing survival, which is shortened SV =D And btw, since i see u got both set bonuses, and 2 rppm trinkets, its no doubt that haste overweiths crit, and ur stat prio should be Haste > Crit > Mastery as more haste, even if u get cobra shot below 1sec, is really valueable since it increases the chance for ur trinks and set bonuses to proc and will play out better than crit with your gear.

Maybe a silly question but if you sim'd it, why ask? If you want clarification on circumstances then state which circumstance you have in mind.

From your armoury I would have thought haste will be better for you than crit since you have 3 realPPM items and are very well geared.

To further support research into the question I would suggest to try http://www.femaledwarf.com/ as a secondary sim.

Crit will be better on AoE fights but haste better for single target. As Tehstool said, if you regularly switch between SV and BM, haste is certainly the better option as it will have more benefit overall.

The next step would be to do some in game testing to clarify.

Edited by Xinto

If i sim through femaledwarf, i get a bit lower dps when reforging/gemming for haste. but higher on simcraft.

lower overall or lower relative than crit build?

Did you adjust any of the setting to make it more realistic. Such as fight length and time <20% boss health?

You can check some of your logs to see what is appropriate for these values.

Also are you gemming haste instead of crit or gemming pure haste? Sorry these seem obvious questions but I'd rather not assume.

As I would recommend just having a play and seeing what seems to work.

In either case the true test will be in game dps the checking the logs.

To be fair, I imagine your just switching 3-4k haste to crit and vice versa, this will make some difference but the overall difference wont be that significant.

And the way you play will make more difference than that 4k swing between stats.

Hope this is of some use.

Tehstool, he said he's playing survival, which is shortened SV =D And btw, since i see u got both set bonuses, and 2 rppm trinkets, its no doubt that haste overweiths crit, and ur stat prio should be Haste > Crit > Mastery as more haste, even if u get cobra shot below 1sec, is really valueable since it increases the chance for ur trinks and set bonuses to proc and will play out better than crit with your gear.

Tehstool knows what survival is. You didn't understand his reply. If you play both specs BM + SV, it is usually better to reforge to haste>crit (its way better for BM than crit build and for SV your dps will be similar in both reforges).

Last time I checked SimC, my hunter (540ilvl with all rppm stuff) in SV had stats like this: Crit=Haste>Mastery. Crit was wining by a very small margin.

So if you wanna get some very nice logs go crit>haste>mastery :)

Not sure what you are talking about, I know it says survival in the title.

I assumed they were a sort of undergeared player hence why I answered about haste. For an undergeared player haste would be close to crit for SV and better for BM.

Now that they have linked their armory, haste should be a bit better.

Okay so the conclusion for Survail with my gear is that haste is a bit better on pure single target, and crit is better on fight with multible targets?

Thx

Nope

There will be a point where its not affecting your Cobra shot during Rapid Fire, and then another for Heroism et al but they will only reduce its value marginly. And come at high amounts. You can use http://www.femaledwarf.com/haste/ to calculate what they are as I have never looked them up.

Edit: by not affecting, I mean your cobra shot is are or below the global cd so is gaining no benefit.

Edited by Xinto