FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gammelvarg

Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr and M+ question

Just before work i got the Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr have anyone tried this with a spec around gathering storm instead of the machine gun (like this http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cN7c) in M+ dungeons? 

This is my weapon, http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/death-knight/frost/KsqTIMAGwDBtAwbgMG8DBxAwcwMHUDB3AQeAEHoBB7AQfAFEIDRDAURAFTQB

The time to try Gathering Storm will be when 7.1.5 arrives where we can try it's synergy with the buffed Breath of Sindragosa and Hungering Rune Weapon (not to mention the buff to Freezing Fog = +30% on those big HB hits) ... until then it's a big decrease in dps both theorycrafted and tested because the other options in that tier are so effective in their native environments. (Frostscythe in AoE M+ builds and RA for Single Target) 

Edited by Browed

While this might be reasonable, in theory. Frozen pulse does way to much damage at least currently and gathering storms single target damage is absolute poo, esspeically when compared to FS for aoe FS even pulls out ahead making it just really lack luster to take gathering storm currently. PLus again your damage on single target would be really bad which in high end on tyrannical weeks especially making this build even more so unfavored. Again this is for live I can't speak for 7.1.5