FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Mr Robot's link for Arcane Mage, got a few questions.

I use the Spartan UI(I like how its all grouped together), can you compare it to the ElvUI.... I also use curse to handle my mods, and after a search it found lots of ElvUI stuff to download. Which mod or mods are needed to try this UI out? I also have a vision problem and any suggestions of mods would be nice... I can't always see my curser. I have lots of other questions, one being macros, I am just a little confused how to set these up?

I didnt quite understand what u are asking for in ur first part here, but macros i can help u a little with.

Generally the command /cast <Spell Name> simply makes u cast that spell, futher more u can add [@Target] to cast it at a spesific target without changing target urself, eksample /cast [@Horridon] Nether Tempest, will make u apply NT to horridon while ur attacking the adds urself, ofc, this is affected by GCD, so if u allredy casted a instant spell at one add, u cant use this macro before ur GCD has gone off.

You can also use macros to chain up ur CD's, say u got some spells with same cd or that will be off cd at the same time, u can use one macro to save time so u dont have to click them induvidually, such as:

/cast Icy Veins

/cast Mirror Image

/cast Presence of Mind

/cast After Time

as these spells got no GCD, u can use them together in one macro, spells with GCD, cannot be used this way. But u can use one spell without GCD and one with GCD on the same macro, such as:

/cast Presence of Mind

/cast Pyroblast

To get an instant pyroblast, but u cannot do this the other way around with a GCD spell being first, but the GCD it sets off will make the macro not cast the second spell.

You can also if u need to apply a spell to ur focus, either to dmg, cc, heal, protect or whatever with a macro like this:

/cast [target=focus] Hand of Protection

I hope this helps u out, and if u got more questions, just ask =)

I didnt quite understand what u are asking for in ur first part here, but macros i can help u a little with.

Generally the command /cast <Spell Name> simply makes u cast that spell, futher more u can add [@Target] to cast it at a spesific target without changing target urself, eksample /cast [@Horridon] Nether Tempest, will make u apply NT to horridon while ur attacking the adds urself, ofc, this is affected by GCD, so if u allredy casted a instant spell at one add, u cant use this macro before ur GCD has gone off.

You can also use macros to chain up ur CD's, say u got some spells with same cd or that will be off cd at the same time, u can use one macro to save time so u dont have to click them induvidually, such as:

/cast Icy Veins

/cast Mirror Image

/cast Presence of Mind

/cast After Time

as these spells got no GCD, u can use them together in one macro, spells with GCD, cannot be used this way. But u can use one spell without GCD and one with GCD on the same macro, such as:

/cast Presence of Mind

/cast Pyroblast

To get an instant pyroblast, but u cannot do this the other way around with a GCD spell being first, but the GCD it sets off will make the macro not cast the second spell.

You can also if u need to apply a spell to ur focus, either to dmg, cc, heal, protect or whatever with a macro like this:

Thanks for the reply Horcored. The first part of my question was about trying the recommended EvlUI for my arcane mage... and I currently use Spartan UI... It was recommended several years ago. I like how Spartan UI has all bars at the bottom and mini map in the middle with my stats on the left and boss on the right. I was hoping someone had tried both of these UI's and could compare them. I also went to curse to look for a down load for EvlUI and found 50 ish possible mods. Just wondered which are needed to try the EvlUI. I have macro questions, but will respond in another message to try and keep thing organized.

Well, about that, i dont really like using any UI's like that, i enjoy better to use more plain UI's like bartender or dominos, as they both make u set up ur spells and skills just the way u want without all the "pretty" borders that just take up screen place. If there is something included in those such as healthbars, cast bars, etc.... i recommend using pitbull for healthframe, quartz as a castbar and u can use forexorcist to track dots. I'd recommend using TellMeWhen to track procs, buff, etc...

If there's anything else, just ask =)

/cast Icy Veins

/cast Mirror Image

/cast Presence of Mind

/cast After Time

/cast Presence of Mind

/cast Pyroblast

This message would be about macros (I waned to add to the message title but couldn't figure how to do that, nor will it let me use return to start a new pargraph)........... I understand macros make it easier to cast spells with out having to mouse click them... So when a macro is made... how do you use it. My key board keys are all assigned to other uses... do I just replace one of those? Is there a list of marcos for arcane mages I could look at. One that I would be interested in would be for Nether Tempest, so I always target a new ad that does not have NT on it yet. spamming with tab is a very time consuming method and it misses many ads, I been trying the boss fight for the cloak and those pesty ads get me every time ......you had mentioned to use a macro for Horridon fight, I try and target him as much as possible, but again hot sure how to incorporate that macro in my casting set up, I feel like I am missing something here in the use of these... I am sure there are dozens of macros I could use , but I would need another key board. I have the mouse in my right hand for movement and clicking stuff and the left hand has the casting keys all used up. Help me make sense of these.

This message would be about macros (I waned to add to the message title but couldn't figure how to do that, nor will it let me use return to start a new pargraph)........... I understand macros make it easier to cast spells with out having to mouse click them... So when a macro is made... how do you use it. My key board keys are all assigned to other uses... do I just replace one of those? Is there a list of marcos for arcane mages I could look at. One that I would be interested in would be for Nether Tempest, so I always target a new ad that does not have NT on it yet. spamming with tab is a very time consuming method and it misses many ads, I been trying the boss fight for the cloak and those pesty ads get me every time ......you had mentioned to use a macro for Horridon fight, I try and target him as much as possible, but again hot sure how to incorporate that macro in my casting set up, I feel like I am missing something here in the use of these... I am sure there are dozens of macros I could use , but I would need another key board. I have the mouse in my right hand for movement and clicking stuff and the left hand has the casting keys all used up. Help me make sense of these.

I've never really understood the need for situational macros either. If I need to do something specific at a specific time, I make sure the ability I need to use is on a convenient keybind and I use it. People come up with all kinds of different ways to code specific actions, like kicking a shell at Tortos or having a pet autoattack the Direhorn, but it really isn't like they're that difficult to do without them. It's not like making a macro that you know you will use every time you hit Alter Time, so to simplify the keystrokes you just bind them all to a single keypress..

Edited by Tarazet