dywolf

Subtelity Rogue not like simulation

5 posts in this topic

Hi ! I tough I was doing Ok with my dps, but I find my self pretty low when i compare with other rogues. I'm considering switching to assassination because of this reason ... 

I would like to know What I'm doing wrong because i tought my rotation was good. 

This is my logs -> https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hv6bfdgAjWDXF2BY#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=13

Dywolfs 337k.
When I look at some others rogues (without the OP legendary boots) I am 130k behind them for the same Ilvl
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/P2hFJnYyg6a4A7bv#fight=29&type=damage-done&source=15

Oswin -> 468k

When I compare our cast, we have pretty much the same rotation / cast.
So except for the 4% nightblade missing, what I am doing wrong ? 

Thanks 

On askmrRobot, it say i shoud be at 378k on ursoc

The correct stats should be  Agility > Versatility > Main Hand Damage > Critical Strike > Mastery > Haste > Off Hand Damage > Leech > Avoidance > Movement Speed

Right ? 

Edited by dywolf

Well, first of all stop taking advices from askmrRobot. It sucks. When legion was on the stat weights were 1agi, 0.7vers, 0.65mastery and 0.61crit. Meanwhile, we've got a 15% increased dmg on both of our finishers, so IMO the mastery pulls ahead of vers. I personally go Agi-mastery-vers-crit. 

In combat, I usually Shadow Blade in the opener before I go with the shadowstrikes. That ensures me that 2 shadowstrikes are enough for 6 cp so I get my nightblade up sooner. Also don't be in such a hurry with the shadow dance. I see situations in which you want to shadowstrike so fast after casting shadow dance that you end up backstabbing. That's a known mistake that you should've fixed.

You'll want to use the max pandemic on a nightblade when the Finality artifact trait is up and then let that nightblade almost expire before you renew it. This maximizes your Finality dmg.

You rush with the goremaw's bite in the opener thing that I don't usually do when BL is up. 

When it's time to refresh Symbols during a shadow dance, always Shadowdance-2xShadowstrikes-Finisher-Symbols-Shadowstrike. If you refresh Symbols before the finishing move you may fuck up the whole shadow dance if you don't get energetic stabbing.

I'm not so sure the problem only liest with the cycle.

First you cannot really compare both logs as the higher one is 1min shorter than the other one meaning that he is much closer to the burst phase.

Then if you look at the average casts for finishers Dywolf's ones are 20% lower than Oswin's. When looking at his stuff his weapon as 13ilvl more than you and is 10 points more evolved

Finally Oswin has the ring that is the second best legendary and doing 4.17% of his dps.

As a side note I compared MrRobbot stats with simcrafts a month ago and they where very close (MrRobbot is now adapting stats to the ilvl and stuff taking the closest pre-calculated Template if I understood correctly). When you don't have time/want to bother with runing your own simcraft I think it is a good alternative.

Edited by Silvya

On 12/14/2016 at 6:01 AM, Sonofpoi said:

Well, first of all stop taking advices from askmrRobot. It sucks. When legion was on the stat weights were 1agi, 0.7vers, 0.65mastery and 0.61crit. Meanwhile, we've got a 15% increased dmg on both of our finishers, so IMO the mastery pulls ahead of vers. I personally go Agi-mastery-vers-crit. 

In combat, I usually Shadow Blade in the opener before I go with the shadowstrikes. That ensures me that 2 shadowstrikes are enough for 6 cp so I get my nightblade up sooner. Also don't be in such a hurry with the shadow dance. I see situations in which you want to shadowstrike so fast after casting shadow dance that you end up backstabbing. That's a known mistake that you should've fixed.

You'll want to use the max pandemic on a nightblade when the Finality artifact trait is up and then let that nightblade almost expire before you renew it. This maximizes your Finality dmg.

You rush with the goremaw's bite in the opener thing that I don't usually do when BL is up. 

When it's time to refresh Symbols during a shadow dance, always Shadowdance-2xShadowstrikes-Finisher-Symbols-Shadowstrike. If you refresh Symbols before the finishing move you may fuck up the whole shadow dance if you don't get energetic stabbing.

If you're going to argue that a data model is poor, it's usually a good idea to have math supporting your statement.

On 09/12/2016 at 6:04 AM, dywolf said:

The correct stats should be  Agility > Versatility > Main Hand Damage > Critical Strike > Mastery > Haste > Off Hand Damage > Leech > Avoidance > Movement Speed

It's pretty pointless to actually put a value on things like Leech and Avoidance. They don't really impact your character in a meaningful way, and aren't a stat that you can actively search out. They just kind of show up.

Secondly, due to relics and how the Artifact weapons work, weapon damage/dps isn't really something that is worth listing in with all the other stats. They have their own section, and the stats that are recommended are separate from them because they apply to all gear.

When I compare our cast, we have pretty much the same rotation / cast.
So except for the 4% nightblade missing, what I am doing wrong ? 

Your gear isn't the same in the slightest. I'm not talking about item level so much as stats: your average Evis cast hits for 660k, theirs hits for 800k. Your average Nightblade hits for 1.09m, theirs hits for 1.58m. 

Maybe they have more Mastery than you do, maybe they have much better itemised relics, maybe you just don't have Finality or other traits in your artifact weapon (I don't see this buff in your logs, but I think it might not show up properly for some reason).

It also doesn't look like you have very good trinkets, given that I only see the Bloodthirsty Instinct proc, but maybe you just have a good stat stick. 

On askmrRobot, it say i shoud be at 378k on ursoc

Point of note: Simulations do not accurately predict real-raid situations. Your damage WILL be lower than Sims on a regular basis, because you will have to deal with mechanics. Sometimes you'll get screwed and have to run out multiple times in an encounter, which will impact your damage in a very significant way.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 8/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366
      ***Newest video highlighting some of our girls!****
      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=247413
    • By bowsersfury
      Hello, 
      I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 
      Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:

Wed: TOS Heroic
      Thurs: TOS Heroic  
      Fri: Mythic + night  
      Sat: Day of Alcohol
      Sun: TOS Mythic  
      Mon: TOS Normal  
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday  

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By cruizerdog
      Hey, so I've recently decided to main a BM hunter for the rest of legion and was just curious if there was some helpful tips out there (I've been reading up on the guides/forum posts but trying to see if I'm doing ok).

this is me. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/greenmidget

sorry, I haven't done this before so I don't have any data to link or know how to use stuff like Warcraft logs or sims. I've also haven't done many runs of tombs yet so don't have any tier pieces.

looking at the icy veins guides I've talented for dire frenzy but didn't realise how much mastery I ended up with. Have I gone too crazy with mastery, should I be adjusting my stat prio better? Thinking I should probably gem for more haste. Most of my enchants/ gems I'm using are just ones I had the highest rank for and cheapest to make so my necklace is probably enchanted wrong.

i probably specced for mostly single target and think I've been doing fairly poorly for AoE damage compared to other people around my ilvl. Although I know to use multi-shot to refresh beast cleave I probably spam multi-shot more than the 4 secs needed, don't really use dire frenzy effectively, use titan's thunder basically whenever it's off cooldown, don't really know when I'm meant to be using aspect of the wild or whether I should be using beastial wrath in AoE fights. Should I be using murder of crows in AoE fights as well or is it just a waste of focus?

For single target I think I'm doing alright so far (only recently got the legendary boots so not sure how much the kill command cooldown should affect my rotation). Still don't really know when the best time is to be using aspect of the wild but I was basically doing the same as the icy veins guide. My opening sequence is usually something like Murder of crows, beastial wrath, titans thunder, then just kill command, cobra shot, kill command cobra shot etc.

Looking at icy veins guide I think I'm meant to be doing murder of the crows, beastial wrath, dire frenzy, titans thunder, then another dire frenzy straight away, aspect of the wild then normal rotation. After that it's just kill command/cobra shot I guess. While beastiality wrath is in effect should I only be spamming kill command/cobra shot for the quick cooldowns or should I still be using dire frenzy during this time? I use titan thunder when it's off cooldown and dire frenzy whenever it has 2 stacks. I usually just used murder of the crows when it was off cooldown but the guide seems to indicate that I should wait the extra 30 seconds and time it with my next bestial wrath. As for aspect of the wild I usually forget I even have this move and don't use it effectively, do I wait and combined it with bestial wrath? Wait and use it when I'm low on focus? Or use it as soon as it's off cooldown?

Thanks for listening to my rambling and hopefully thanks for your reply.

P.S. It's probably more of a personally choice or situational choice I guess but should I be talenting myself more for AoE for mythics. Example, one with the pack, volley, aspect of the beast?

• By Nerenahlil
      I had some great help with my Fury build from this forum, and have recently attempted to try Arms. 

My guild did a full normal ToS run today, and i captured the logs. I seem to be parsing OK, but it felt clunky.

Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mfLjRTWXrkb4ZxQY/#boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=20
      Armory:  https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/çleâvâgé

Any pointers would be appreciated.