dywolf

Subtelity Rogue not like simulation

5 posts in this topic

Hi ! I tough I was doing Ok with my dps, but I find my self pretty low when i compare with other rogues. I'm considering switching to assassination because of this reason ... 

I would like to know What I'm doing wrong because i tought my rotation was good. 

This is my logs -> https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hv6bfdgAjWDXF2BY#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=13

Dywolfs 337k.
When I look at some others rogues (without the OP legendary boots) I am 130k behind them for the same Ilvl
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/P2hFJnYyg6a4A7bv#fight=29&type=damage-done&source=15

Oswin -> 468k

When I compare our cast, we have pretty much the same rotation / cast.
So except for the 4% nightblade missing, what I am doing wrong ? 

Thanks 

On askmrRobot, it say i shoud be at 378k on ursoc

The correct stats should be  Agility > Versatility > Main Hand Damage > Critical Strike > Mastery > Haste > Off Hand Damage > Leech > Avoidance > Movement Speed

Right ? 

Edited by dywolf

Well, first of all stop taking advices from askmrRobot. It sucks. When legion was on the stat weights were 1agi, 0.7vers, 0.65mastery and 0.61crit. Meanwhile, we've got a 15% increased dmg on both of our finishers, so IMO the mastery pulls ahead of vers. I personally go Agi-mastery-vers-crit. 

In combat, I usually Shadow Blade in the opener before I go with the shadowstrikes. That ensures me that 2 shadowstrikes are enough for 6 cp so I get my nightblade up sooner. Also don't be in such a hurry with the shadow dance. I see situations in which you want to shadowstrike so fast after casting shadow dance that you end up backstabbing. That's a known mistake that you should've fixed.

You'll want to use the max pandemic on a nightblade when the Finality artifact trait is up and then let that nightblade almost expire before you renew it. This maximizes your Finality dmg.

You rush with the goremaw's bite in the opener thing that I don't usually do when BL is up. 

When it's time to refresh Symbols during a shadow dance, always Shadowdance-2xShadowstrikes-Finisher-Symbols-Shadowstrike. If you refresh Symbols before the finishing move you may fuck up the whole shadow dance if you don't get energetic stabbing.

I'm not so sure the problem only liest with the cycle.

First you cannot really compare both logs as the higher one is 1min shorter than the other one meaning that he is much closer to the burst phase.

Then if you look at the average casts for finishers Dywolf's ones are 20% lower than Oswin's. When looking at his stuff his weapon as 13ilvl more than you and is 10 points more evolved

Finally Oswin has the ring that is the second best legendary and doing 4.17% of his dps.

As a side note I compared MrRobbot stats with simcrafts a month ago and they where very close (MrRobbot is now adapting stats to the ilvl and stuff taking the closest pre-calculated Template if I understood correctly). When you don't have time/want to bother with runing your own simcraft I think it is a good alternative.

Edited by Silvya

On 12/14/2016 at 6:01 AM, Sonofpoi said:

Well, first of all stop taking advices from askmrRobot. It sucks. When legion was on the stat weights were 1agi, 0.7vers, 0.65mastery and 0.61crit. Meanwhile, we've got a 15% increased dmg on both of our finishers, so IMO the mastery pulls ahead of vers. I personally go Agi-mastery-vers-crit. 

In combat, I usually Shadow Blade in the opener before I go with the shadowstrikes. That ensures me that 2 shadowstrikes are enough for 6 cp so I get my nightblade up sooner. Also don't be in such a hurry with the shadow dance. I see situations in which you want to shadowstrike so fast after casting shadow dance that you end up backstabbing. That's a known mistake that you should've fixed.

You'll want to use the max pandemic on a nightblade when the Finality artifact trait is up and then let that nightblade almost expire before you renew it. This maximizes your Finality dmg.

You rush with the goremaw's bite in the opener thing that I don't usually do when BL is up. 

When it's time to refresh Symbols during a shadow dance, always Shadowdance-2xShadowstrikes-Finisher-Symbols-Shadowstrike. If you refresh Symbols before the finishing move you may fuck up the whole shadow dance if you don't get energetic stabbing.

If you're going to argue that a data model is poor, it's usually a good idea to have math supporting your statement.

On 09/12/2016 at 6:04 AM, dywolf said:

The correct stats should be  Agility > Versatility > Main Hand Damage > Critical Strike > Mastery > Haste > Off Hand Damage > Leech > Avoidance > Movement Speed

It's pretty pointless to actually put a value on things like Leech and Avoidance. They don't really impact your character in a meaningful way, and aren't a stat that you can actively search out. They just kind of show up.

Secondly, due to relics and how the Artifact weapons work, weapon damage/dps isn't really something that is worth listing in with all the other stats. They have their own section, and the stats that are recommended are separate from them because they apply to all gear.

When I compare our cast, we have pretty much the same rotation / cast.
So except for the 4% nightblade missing, what I am doing wrong ? 

Your gear isn't the same in the slightest. I'm not talking about item level so much as stats: your average Evis cast hits for 660k, theirs hits for 800k. Your average Nightblade hits for 1.09m, theirs hits for 1.58m. 

Maybe they have more Mastery than you do, maybe they have much better itemised relics, maybe you just don't have Finality or other traits in your artifact weapon (I don't see this buff in your logs, but I think it might not show up properly for some reason).

It also doesn't look like you have very good trinkets, given that I only see the Bloodthirsty Instinct proc, but maybe you just have a good stat stick. 

On askmrRobot, it say i shoud be at 378k on ursoc

Point of note: Simulations do not accurately predict real-raid situations. Your damage WILL be lower than Sims on a regular basis, because you will have to deal with mechanics. Sometimes you'll get screwed and have to run out multiple times in an encounter, which will impact your damage in a very significant way.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now