Starym

Player Maxes Out All Artifact Traits

Sign in to follow this  

23 posts in this topic

wdAhQYk.jpg

54 traits. 65 million Artifact Power. Cerli.

Well, in the wake of Doubleagent and his 110 ding without leaving the Padaren start zone, we have another insane achievement: Cerli from The Maelstrom has maxed out his Unholy Artifact weapon, getting the final, 54th, trait unlocked after acquiring a total of 65 million artifact power. For those of you that may not be aware, after you finish up your 34 normal traits you get the bonus trait you can put another 20 points in. So that's 5 million for the normal upgrades and then another measly 60 until you're maxed. At this point that really is a VERY unholy weapon and you really could say it's devoured someone's life!

Go here the full event, click to 21 hours in.

As you'd imagine this took a lot of Mythic+ dungeons, 2067 completed in time, in fact, with 383 Darkheart Thicket, 818 Maw of Souls, 444 Court of Stars and then a meager number of clears for the other ones (64 VoW, 75 WoA, etc), and then there's probably a fair number of runs not completed in time to add to that! In case you were wondering, he has around 53 days played on level 110 and he actually already has 69 million AP at the moment.

All joking aside, congratulations to Cerli on this achievement and you can check out his stream here, so hop on there and say gz!

This is actually slightly disturbing when you do the math... 53 days played out of a possible 101 since release. So without factoring in leveling he has been playing just WoW for more than 12 hours EVERY day. Impressive, but worrying.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Laragon said:

This is actually slightly disturbing when you do the math... 53 days played out of a possible 101 since release. So without factoring in leveling he has been playing just WoW for more than 12 hours EVERY day. Impressive, but worrying.

Yes and no. It kinda depends on how much time he'll spend on it during Legion's entire "life". So a lot of players might frontload their game time and then quit, basically ending up spending the exact same amount of time in the game overall as "casuals" who tend to continue playing longer.

Still thats a lot of time playing just wow any way you slice it.  Scary but well worth a pat on the back!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laragon said:

Oh I can promise you he isn't playing that toon alone.

6 hours ago, VictorVakaras said:

His achievement more than a little tempered by the fact it was on Unholy.

That was probably the main drive to get it done: maybe now he can do mediocre DPS at least! :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Starym said:

Yes and no. It kinda depends on how much time he'll spend on it during Legion's entire "life". So a lot of players might frontload their game time and then quit, basically ending up spending the exact same amount of time in the game overall as "casuals" who tend to continue playing longer.

Oh please...assuming he played by himself you don't suddenly go from that to just quitting or taking it casual.

It's infinitely more likely that he had a few people helping him out (as we all know lots of cutting edge guilds account share for progression) than it is that he's going to relax and take a break now. Looks like his guild just got Mythic Guarm down so he's in that category of a dedicated player.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sakujo said:

Oh please...assuming he played by himself you don't suddenly go from that to just quitting or taking it casual.

It's infinitely more likely that he had a few people helping him out (as we all know lots of cutting edge guilds account share for progression) than it is that he's going to relax and take a break now. Looks like his guild just got Mythic Guarm down so he's in that category of a dedicated player.

Ok, but my point was that people do tend to do that. I myself tend to frontload playtime and then quit an expansion completely instead of playing a more reasonable amount over a longer course of time. I have no idea why you're hammering the "he didn't play alone" bit, since it's not terribly unlikely that someone would play 12h a day (also he streamed a lot, but I guess there's an explanation for that as well in ye olde conspiracy 12 people boosting 1 account for no real reason).

On 12/9/2016 at 3:41 PM, MrEdren said:

I would not be so sure about that.  During Vanilla, in real time it was 3 years.  In /played I had over 550 days on all my toons.  I never sat afk for more than 10 minutes and I never let anyone on my account.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Starym said:

Ok, but my point was that people do tend to do that. I myself tend to frontload playtime and then quit an expansion completely instead of playing a more reasonable amount over a longer course of time. I have no idea why you're hammering the "he didn't play alone" bit, since it's not terribly unlikely that someone would play 12h a day (also he streamed a lot, but I guess there's an explanation for that as well in ye olde conspiracy 12 people boosting 1 account for no real reason).

People tend to frontload games, but there's a big difference between frontloading a game for a couple weeks (or even a month) where you eat, sleep, poop, and game and what's happened here which is three months of Legion. I guess the real argument should be do you actually consider a three month span to be frontloading? We're just under 15 weeks of Legion which is 105 days and that works out to 12 hour days for...again...105 days straight. Even if you game 20 hours every Sat/Sun you still need 8.8 hours Mon-Fri to make that work. If he's only got a 4 day work week and does that for three days? Still 6 hour gaming sessions every day for the other 4. Possible? Yup, can't deny that.

However, here's where I guess I find the most humor: Your attempt at justifying the theory of a one man scenario. The "Yes and no" response to when someone noted that this was disturbing when you math out the time requirements because if (IF) he stopped playing altogether he may, over the course of the expansion have just as much time if not less than other people. Sure, your logic checks out on a very simplistic level. Put his time next to someone else's and you wouldn't know any better, but you will not find very many people out there who would sign off of something as acceptable. You're kind of saying "Well, yeah eating 200,000 calories in a week may sound awful, but after that first week that guy might going to go down to only eating 1,000 a day and after a year is over with he could be eating just as many as someone who eats consistently"

There is really no way to polish the solo'd it scenario turd. It's extremely unhealthy behavior and attempting to claim otherwise is downright laughable. But honestly I can't say I'm surprised someone did it already.

Actually your logic comparing it to eating is the ridiculous one as the two activities have basically nothing in common. I can see you're very attached to this "he didn't solo and if he did it's not ok" theory so I'll just pick my words more carefully.

I never stated it was healthy or the right thing to do or whatever but people judging how other people live their lives are, IMO, pretty pathetic. If he liked to "waste" his life 50% more than you or me or other people who "only" play 6 hours a day or only play 1 hour or whatever it's just a matter of degrees. Obviously he doesn't have anything he'd rather do than play 12 hours for 3 months and guess what, that's totally fine, it's his time to do with as he pleases. That doesn't mean that everyone should do it, that it's the correct way to play the game or that it's healthy (whatever the hell THAT means). Basically people who laugh at "no lifers" but themselves play a game any amount of time are pretty big hypocrites because it's simply a matter of degrees and you don't get to choose that line for other people or determine what's "normal".

And I'm just assuming he's doing it solo, if he isn't then the whole discussion is irrelevant, but just because it took a lot of time to do doesn't prove it wasn't solo.

My point is, saying "that's crazy, I'd never do that" is fine. Saying "that's unhealthy he's wrong to do it" is not. Again that's just my opinion ofc, but I'm sure you yourself have indulged in something in your live too much and for too long, as long as you enjoy it and it isn't ACTUALLY damaging you in some way there's no reason not to.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2016 at 5:41 PM, MrEdren said:

I used to play an average of 16 hours a day 7 days a week from the launch of bc to the launch of WotLK.  I never slept more than 4 hours a day back then and if i had to work, well, i did not sleep at all.  I would typically get two days on one day off two days on again then two days off all 10 hour shifts, so i played 10 hours, worked ten hours, slept four, then on my days off 20 hours straight. Prior to getting sucked into WoW i was doing the same thingbut split equally in FFXI and SWG. 

What can i say, I was young, and it was either that or get wasted where i was living at the time had nothing better to do than get drunk or screwed up on drugs because it was a dead town.

Point is, i can believe he played that all on his own.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 6:44 AM, Sakujo said:

People tend to frontload games, but there's a big difference between frontloading a game for a couple weeks (or even a month) where you eat, sleep, poop, and game and what's happened here which is three months of Legion. I guess the real argument should be do you actually consider a three month span to be frontloading? We're just under 15 weeks of Legion which is 105 days and that works out to 12 hour days for...again...105 days straight. Even if you game 20 hours every Sat/Sun you still need 8.8 hours Mon-Fri to make that work. If he's only got a 4 day work week and does that for three days? Still 6 hour gaming sessions every day for the other 4. Possible? Yup, can't deny that.

Just stopping by to give the example that has just happened in Overwatch. We've just seen the first guy ever to reach the max level alone. He played for 1488 hours (total time spent in game, not including any queues, waiting, after-game screens etc.). The guy basically said that he has played 16-17 hours per day, since release. That's 6 months of playing like that. The guy said he had no job, did nothing but play. 

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

Just stopping by to give the example that has just happened in Overwatch. We've just seen the first guy ever to reach the max level alone. He played for 1488 hours (total time spent in game, not including any queues, waiting, after-game screens etc.). The actual estimated playtime he gave including everything was 1700 hours. The guy basically said in his AMA that he has played 16-17 hours per day, since release. That's 6 months of playing like that. The guy said he had no job, did nothing but play. 

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sympathetic for that individual.

1 minute ago, MrEdren said:

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sympathetic for that individual.

He sounds pretty happy! He said he's never tired, he enjoys the challenge etc. etc.

If he's doing what he loves, then hey, fair enough. I hope I never have to play against him in competitive.

• Like 1

you know, this guy could be disabled and just plays WoW all day every day.

I know a guy that does that. he lays in bed (can barely get out of bed for restroom) and plays non stop in between naps.

I wouldn't just call him a no-lifer. what would you do if you were bed bound 99% of your life?

Edited by Vekna

On 12/14/2016 at 5:37 PM, Vekna said:

you know, this guy could be disabled and just plays WoW all day every day.

Definitely possible too, yeah! There's loads of reasons why people might play all day. It's that old thing of not being rude to random people, since you don't know everything about them.

On 12/21/2016 at 7:42 PM, BareMoon said:

Hey, it's something I could never do... grats!

Pretty much my reaction too! I couldn't/wouldn't do this, but good job anyway!

On 12/9/2016 at 0:04 PM, Starym said:

At this point that really is a VERY unholy weapon and you really could say it's devoured someone's life!

Touche