FORUMS
TedPimp

What is going on with all of the Constructed deck listings?

I just logged in for the first time in a while in order to check on the Wild deck formats and see if any new ideas from Gadgetzan had been posted yet.

Instead of linking to the decks I had listed, however, practically all of the old pages are missing, moved, or gone entirely. I'm guessing they are doing an overhaul or a big cleanup, but it is still strange that literally all of the pages from both Wild and Standard are just up and gone without a link or reference.

Would anyone have any of the old listings, or would they know when they will be returned? I don't need to copy-paste a ton of card lists to buy, but I would like to see what the new build has done to the decks that I have constructed.

Edited by TedPimp
Mispelling

Hey,

the decks that were removed will either be updated for Gadgetzan (such as wild Ramp Druid) or the decks were just completely useless and/or obsolete (such as Mech Shaman from GvG era). Standard decks will be updated first, wild will be next. Currently both authors are working around the clock, so it should not take very long to get the updated decks up. 
Is there a specific deck you are interested in?

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

the decks that were removed will either be updated for Gadgetzan (such as wild Ramp Druid) or the decks were just completely useless and/or obsolete (such as Mech Shaman from GvG era). Standard decks will be updated first, wild will be next.

Sad to hear about the mech decks, but good to hear that this was a rehaul and not some internal crash that lost a bunch of Sottle's old designs. I was hoping to look up some of the newer Control decks such as Fatigue and Dragon since a few good cards were introduced and I haven't seen anyone on Twitch reveal their new recipes as of yet.

To give you a little bit more insight into why we removed them, many of these decks were receiving only a couple visits every day, but they were diluting the keywords on our website from a Search Engine Optimization perspective. For example, having dozens of old decks named "Midrange Shaman" is detrimental to the google rankings of our new Midrange Shaman decks.

Once the initial rush for Gadgetzan is over, we will re-add some of the decks from Gadgetzan that we feel have a place in the meta and update those that were left in the Wild section (they were actually left for the sole reason that they would be getting an update soon).

The main idea here is that Icy Veins does not propose hundreds of decks like some other websites do, but instead we focus on a select number of decks, complete with strategy, mulligan, and card swaps. We felt that having all these old decks that were no longer maintained was also going against our original idea of a clearly curated list of decks.

• Like 2

I realy like how you are handling this.
Especially for players who aren't experts it is way more usefull imo to have let's say 3 decks (and the player knows: Each one of them is very strong and fits in the meta) then 10 decks (where he has do decide wheter the deck is still a good one or if it is out of fashion).

Personally I can play reasonably well (IMO) - but I am absolutly unable to create very strong decks on my own.
Sure, I do know if a card in itself is good, but all my selfmade decks had never a chance to compete agains "professional" decks.
Not because there were bad cards or because I missed a ton of cards.
That's why I don't want to look at 10 decks and decide myself: "Mh, this deck loogs good for actual meta, this deck doesn't"
Because I can't do this.
And I am grateful that you do this job for me :)

On 12/11/2016 at 6:26 AM, WedgeAntilles said:

I realy like how you are handling this.
Especially for players who aren't experts it is way more usefull imo to have let's say 3 decks (and the player knows: Each one of them is very strong and fits in the meta) then 10 decks (where he has do decide wheter the deck is still a good one or if it is out of fashion).

Personally I can play reasonably well (IMO) - but I am absolutly unable to create very strong decks on my own.
Sure, I do know if a card in itself is good, but all my selfmade decks had never a chance to compete agains "professional" decks.
Not because there were bad cards or because I missed a ton of cards.
That's why I don't want to look at 10 decks and decide myself: "Mh, this deck loogs good for actual meta, this deck doesn't"
Because I can't do this.
And I am grateful that you do this job for me :)

Thank you for the feedback, we are glad that this way is helping you out. If you have anymore feedback / suggestions feel free to let us know.