FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alexdacrazy

Frost overall DPS improvement

Here's my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Alleriá/simple

Here are my logs from my Renferal Heroic fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZwPKGt9YNdW1z46v#type=summary (as you can see, I'm only at 28% for my iLvl).

You can also look at our guild logs for this month to see other fights I've done: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/195207

I follow the rotation presented on Icy Veins to the best of my ability; at least, I think I follow the Frost DK rotation guide pretty closely.

That being said, I feel like my DPS for my item level is way too low, especially on a fight like Renferal where I can maintain a constant stream of DPS without too many interruptions. I'm hoping you guys will be able to look at my logs and provide some suggestions. I'm very open to any tips/suggestions on anything I should be doing differently. I know there are several pros on this forum and I really want to be good like you guys.

Edited by Alexdacrazy
changed title

Simple stuff.

Reduce your haste to 31% if your running obliteration talent or 20% otherwise.

Get your criteria and mastery up and the dps will come along quickly

2 hours ago, Shells said:

Simple stuff.

Reduce your haste to 31% if your running obliteration talent or 20% otherwise.

Get your criteria and mastery up and the dps will come along quickly

I didn't have that much haste until I got my legendary last night. My DPS still wasn't great before then but it seemed to get worse after having so much haste with other stats going down.

Also, the Armory seems to be messed up... In-game, these are my stats: 22% Crit, 27% Haste, 27% Mastery.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Edited by Alexdacrazy

@Alexdacrazy

Alright so far looking at your logs the first thing I notice is that your using deadly grace, deadly grace isn't very good prolonged power is better. You have an absurd amount of howling blasts cast, i can't say you should probably be casting over 30 even 30 in my opinion is high. Avalanche isn't very good Icecaps is better u'll have to trust me on this one. You mastery is very low try and get that up, don't worry about your crit you should be like 40% mastery at least. Icy Talon uptime is only 58%, while that's not terrible the fight is hard to get it super high I reckon you could easily have it above 70% if not higher. Despite your high amount of Howling blast casts you let rime procs expire. I believe you also has a Killing Machine or two expire. You should also try to time your second potion with lust. You never used your ravage seed pod. Speaking of trinkets you should attempt to get better ones if possible, I know luck doesn't always swing in your favor.Frozen pulse seemed to have a low uptime, or maybe just low damage I can't tell for sure with your mastery as pointed your mastery is low. There is also several times when you have more than 2 runes meaning that it's not procced so try and work on that.

Sorry if kind of jumbled mess.

TLDR work on better mastery, lot of howling blast casts try to avoid those. Some stuff expiring, wrong potion. Could work on better uptime for Frozen Pulse.

Edited by Drtain
  • Like 2

Here's my logs for our Xavius Heroic kill:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a6jmDWbtyfLdgBZQ#type=damage-done

I would really love any more tips I can get. @Drtain really helped improve my DPS, but according to the logs, I'm only at 31% of other players my item level. I really need to improve in a big way, but I'm just not sure what to do differently!

@Alexdacrazy I have tips written down in the DK DPS thread that's pinned at the top of the forums those will yeild help, to be able to double dragon you have to cast the dragon inside of the dream. Looking at the xavius you're casts of howling blast were still very high. You only has 1 remorseless winter cast which is a dps gain. to put it into perspective on the casts of howling blast they are normally below like 7% of players damage yours is 14.53%. Frozen pulse is pretty low too again gotta stay at 2 runes or under. Icy talons not perfect could be higher. 

@Alexdacrazy Perhaps I can provide better insight to your issues, now I agree with partly what was said however reading it really doesn't help you that much, so let me put this into a perspective that should help u a lot, Drtain is 100% correct your howling blast casts are far to high, which indicates you are hard casting it more than u ever should be, ie. hard cast with out rime proc. stop that.

Again I agree with drtain u wanna be between 20-30 casts dependant on rime procs, however 100% of the time your remorseless winter will be your highest cast spell with usually around 200-300+ with frost strike around 70+ and oblit right behind it. which means atm based on your logs your not correctly prioritizing your spell usage.  I wouldn't say there is a defined rotation persay but your opener really has a lot to do with it, generally I do as is, pre pot, pillar, remorseless into x2 oblit (using rime proc if up) into obliteration talent then just rotating frost strike and oblit keeping remorseless on cd and using rime procs. 

also utilizing your sindragosa is very huge, generally  you want to try and line it up with all buffs up ie fallen crusader POF lust pot w/e certain fights u wont be able to do that.

another suggestion I can make, is using old war during lust phases and prolonged durning non lust phases

I could go into stat prior but the icy veins guide does it enough glory. 20% haste 25% crit atleast 28-30% mast then w/e from there. if u run sims u will see very lil differences /shrug.

• Like 1

@Kro Thanks very much! I will make sure to keep Remorseless Winter up! I definitely was not doing that.

I also also prioritize Frost Strike over Oblit.

Thanks very much for all the tips! I really appreciate your attention to detail.