Inoyton

MM DPS issues

Sign in to follow this  

11 posts in this topic

Hi fellas,

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Inoyton/simple

With current setup MrRobot states I should get 300k at almost any encounter (Ursoc, Single target fights of any lenght, etc). However I hardly can reach 250k on 110 dummy and 220 on raid one. Raid DPS varies from 220 to 250. The only boss so far I got over 300k is this one https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zTnr8fcDACXG4RQd

I blame trinkets a bit, used to have equipped Obelisk of the Void 870 and Three-Toed Rabbit Foot with versatility and prismatic socket 860, but changed them to stat ones since DPS is really freaking me out and I decided to give pure stats a try. The Devilasaur's Bite 840 and Bloodthirsty Instinct 850 also onboard, there is no big difference in symcrafter DPS tho..

Any tips will be highly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you're a heroic raider I can imagine you understand the concept of Bullseye and Trueshot usage below 20%, since you seemed to do quite well with that on your Xavius kill.

Almost all your gear is great (minus the crit/haste boots, they need replacing ASAP).

Realistically without more logs I don't know how much more I can give you, other than really trying to focus on the rotation outlined on Icy-Veins. You're quite low on haste, so don't try and push for more Aimed Shots than you can. Just focus on prioritising that rotation as much as possible.

What's your opener? Your burst dps on Xav was exceptionally low given you had Hero at the start. Same with your second Trueshot phase, you should've had a lot more of a dps spike there.

Are you pre-potting and using a flask? 

As far as trinkets go, swap one of them out for Bloodthirst Instinct - it's one of your BiS trinkets! You'd be absolutely mental not to use that over a stat stick that's only 840! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Andanath said:

As you're a heroic raider I can imagine you understand the concept of Bullseye and Trueshot usage below 20%, since you seemed to do quite well with that on your Xavius kill.

First of all thanks for your response.

Yes, I do understand the concept and now using it more efficiently.

6 hours ago, Andanath said:

Almost all your gear is great (minus the crit/haste boots, they need replacing ASAP).

Done. (a huge luck tho)

6 hours ago, Andanath said:

Realistically without more logs I don't know how much more I can give you, other than really trying to focus on the rotation outlined on Icy-Veins. You're quite low on haste, so don't try and push for more Aimed Shots than you can. Just focus on prioritising that rotation as much as possible.

Trying my best and now having stable 300k at any single fight, however Marked Shot procs make me confused, do I have to dump them immediately or try to prolong Vulnerable with it? In second case I am pretty much out of focus by that time and have to Sidewinder target.

6 hours ago, Andanath said:

What's your opener? Your burst dps on Xav was exceptionally low given you had Hero at the start. Same with your second Trueshot phase, you should've had a lot more of a dps spike there.

Are you pre-potting and using a flask? 

Turns out Hero + Trueshot confuse me and I am lost in my rotation due to rapid casts. Yes, I do use flasks and pre-potting with Prolonged potions.

6 hours ago, Andanath said:

As far as trinkets go, swap one of them out for Bloodthirst Instinct - it's one of your BiS trinkets! You'd be absolutely mental not to use that over a stat stick that's only 840! 

Tried 840 stat + BI 850, still have some doubts due to both real fights and simulator. Apparently 865 BI is much better than 840 stat one, but 850 BI losing a bit of DPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Inoyton said:

Trying my best and now having stable 300k at any single fight, however Marked Shot procs make me confused, do I have to dump them immediately or try to prolong Vulnerable with it? In second case I am pretty much out of focus by that time and have to Sidewinder target.

Found an answer in guide. Raid Dummy DPS is around 290-295k for 3 minutes fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically a stat stick only goes so far, having that extra proc is always an added bonus as the haste has a massive impact on your focus regeneration, plus it has the ability to double and even triple proc (seen it triple proc for a BM hunter in a raid once, his burst spiked like crazy!) 

With marked shots (keep in mind I'm predominantly BM nowadays but still play MM a bit) it's usually best to have at least 1.5 seconds left on vulnerable before you use it. Never let vulnerable drop off before using marked shots (until 7.1.5) because it's a HUGE dps loss. Hence why most people stick to the Sidewinders - 2x Aimed Shots - Marked Shot (if available) and then Aimed shot again. The whole idea is to basically using Marked Shot before Vulnerable ends so that you can prolong it to wait for another sidewinder proc (also, with that, don't ever let it get to two stacks even if you haven't had a proc, the moment it stops recharging at a constant rate you're in trouble; screws with your timing!)

That's personally what I do and have good success with it but it is dependent on your haste.

Glad to see you've already felt you've made some great improvements!

Anything else you have questions on please don't hesitate to ask! (Especially if you're trying out BM!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Andanath said:

Realistically a stat stick only goes so far, having that extra proc is always an added bonus as the haste has a massive impact on your focus regeneration, plus it has the ability to double and even triple proc (seen it triple proc for a BM hunter in a raid once, his burst spiked like crazy!)

You lost me here. Did over a billion damage on dummy, but never seen double proc. Do you mean it stacks?

Edited by Inoyton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's since been changed, but you used to be able to have it proc multiple times at once. It wouldn't stack you just got the same effect a second time.

Definitely worth it though as the proc rate increases the lower the target's HP. 

Ironically enough, the boss that drops it is the boss you'd benefit the most from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andanath said:

Maybe it's since been changed, but you used to be able to have it proc multiple times at once. It wouldn't stack you just got the same effect a second time.

Definitely worth it though as the proc rate increases the lower the target's HP. 

Ironically enough, the boss that drops it is the boss you'd benefit the most from.

I guess there is a tiny chance that it procs from both melee and range separately, so 2 pets and you as a range.. = 3 procs. Didnt find anything regarding this trinket in recent patch notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, this was before the tooltip was included to say melee AND ranged, so maybe it was just from pets and it was a bug. Who knows, but more than likely it's gone, I think it's just the proc rate that's so valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Andanath said:

Hmmm, this was before the tooltip was included to say melee AND ranged, so maybe it was just from pets and it was a bug. Who knows, but more than likely it's gone, I think it's just the proc rate that's so valuable.

Well, anyway, despite of the fact todays raid was full of mistakes and stupidity all over the place this is result I am a bit proud of:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K9Cnc6phbjTDL1kg#fight=9

So, thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell yeah man! Awesome job! 85% ilvl perfection is a great job! 

Also was just going over your Xavius kill from the other day and 70% ilvl perfection is still really quite good, but man, keep up the good working and you'll be in the 90s soon! 

Good luck with the rest of your raiding and feel free to ask for help if you have any further issues down the track!

If you'd like to reach me in-game, my b-tag is Andanath#1243

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      LEGION PROGRESSION: 2/11M at the end, started Mythic on every other raid tier.
       
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Tank ABOUT US
      Now recruiting for BfA!
      Currently looking for a skilled and laid back Tank for the upcoming expansion.
      We're semi-casual in terms of the time we spend raiding, but are serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      Booty Pirates is a close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other.
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      GOALS FOR BfA
      In Battle for Azeroth we plan to push Mythic more than we did previously in Legion, and not spend nearly as much time on Heroic. 
      This means we will jump into Mythic/Heroic weekends as soon as the majority of the Heroic gear is done. (Mythic Friday and Heroic Sunday, for example, until we phase Heroic out completely.) 
      SCHEDULE UNTIL FIRST TIER*
      Below are our events the beginning weeks of BfA! All events start at 10pm CT.
      Week 1
      August 13th (Mon) - BfA Weekday Leveling Party! August 17th (Fri) - Leveling up in BfA Drinking Party August 19th (Sun) - Leveling up in BfA Non-Drinking Party Week 2
      August 24th & 26th (Fri/Sun) - Mandatory Mythic 0 to prep for Tier 1 *Schedule subject to changes.
      JOINING THE BOOTY PIRATES CREW
      Make sure to add me on Battle.net and/or fill out our app to join us. We look forward to speaking with you!
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
    • By Rafim
      So I've got these two specific items. The ACI is one of the most used trinkets on shadow priest, but compared to the Infernal, it has a low ilvl. The effect of Infernal stacks every second, and since critical strike is now the bis stat for shadow priest,  which one of the trinkets would you pick? 🙂
       
      Thanks in advance! 🙂
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is a Mythic raiding guild recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team for BfA. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - Any Class
      DPS - Especially Mage, Monk, Rogue
      Tank - CLOSED
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://tinyurl.com/AbyssWhisperwind
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Trex#1111 or send a message or in-game mail to Trex-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By taldorblackfire
      Hey everyone,
      So, I think my problem is my gear as I have been trying to rack my brain on why my dps is not that great in raids. Some of it I admit is probably not sticking 100% to my rotation, but any help/suggestions would definitely be appreciated.
      You can find the analyzer for the most recent log here: https://wowanalyzer.com/report/4K3dCR86gfMv2Njt/2-LFR+Antoran+High+Command/Darkbriar
       
      Thanks in advance! 😎
    • By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎 The alliance are coming.... It is an 'inevitable destiny'. DONT fight alone.... Come and stand with us as ONE.... We are HORDE... We are CORRUPTED! Open recruiting for BfA... we are currently 4/11 Mythic Antorus 11/11 Heroic. Raiding schedule for BfA-
      Sun/Tues/Thurs  630-930 pst  Progression Mon will be Alt/Casual raid  Currently fridays are reserved for keys although everyday in guild is 'key day' 😛
      CD is one of THE oldest guilds on Skywall and still massively active and standing! Come find out why! Come join our family!
      Come.... Get.... CORRUPTED! 😎
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743