FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
demonardvark

Changing of the Guards

So, I am very happy to announce something here that some of you may have noticed and some may have not. We now have two new Moderators for the DK section. Our own @Shells and @Drtain have been promoted to moderators and will in general continue to be awesome and helpful.

That being said, it is here I announce to our community that I am stepping down as a Moderator. At the end of this year I will be retired and moved to the the category of "old mods". The reason is simply time. Or more specifically two reasons; one weighing 8 lbs 2 ounces the other weighing 7 lbs 4 ounces. That is to say my life has new joys in it and a new class to play "father". It has low gear score, low sleep stat, and even lower gold in the bank XD.

There is so much needed to be a mod beyond posts and guides. There is a ton of behind the scenes work for this site you don't see. There is also studying logs, studying ptr notes, theorycrafting, simulations, it all eats so much time, that I can no longer invest. I did it by myself for so long too that I freely admit to being burnt out. 

However, although I was in a bit of a hurry to leave given my two new sources of aggro, I did not pick my replacements arbitrarily. Most WoW sites try to cater to the elite, the guides often aimed at mythic raiders, high end game content. This represents only 5-7% of the playerbase, who is there for the rest? My goal for the DK forums was to be a safe haven and a welcome place for new players, I tried to make things simple and accessable and I succeeded in spades. I've received thousands of emails text tweets facebook posts inbox messages over the years of people thanking me. I couldn't just step down who would keep the atmosphere here the same?

Well our two new mods did and will. I typically took weekends off and I would log in to find they answered every question. They often answered the same questions 20 times and never got mad or impatient. They were friendly, playful, and welcoming to all new players.  They were also versed enough for log analysis and mix maxing for more advanced players. Their posts made me smile because I knew in my heart, they would keep things the same here. That our welcoming atmosphere would not diminish and the forums would be safe in their hands.

So, I'm not 100% gone but mostly, I'll post here or there but likely won't see any guides from me anytime soon. I look to our two new mods for that :). So, There will be lots of aggro for me, and certainly many nights of wiping just of a different variety. It's been a joy to serve here but its time to step down and let other have the reigns. So congrats to @Drtain and @Shells. I know you guys will do great :D and to all Death Knights out there, it has been a joy to work with you, play with you, and share the love of this game and our class.

Suffer Well <3

• Like 2

Grats on the two new alts. Must be using RAF to get both at the same time.

As a member of that 'father' class myself, welcome to the club ;)

Enjoy it too, they don't stay low lvl for long, it flies by. And do look after your RAF buddy too ;)

It may be counter-intuitive but don't forget to 'analyse the logs' and archive, before you 'wipe' otherwise you run the risk of someone releasing and re-entering combat .. and before you know it, they're creating new entries in the same log.. and thats just messy.

Edited by Browed

Congratulations demon!

Im sorry that ill get to read your posts less often, but best wishes to you and your growing family.