FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Boffo

Need some info to compare against for combustion

Hi Guys,

I was

I'm the only fire mage in my guild so i have no frame of reference in terms of meters and general performance so i am struggling to get an accurate picture of how i am doing in terms of overall dps for my ilvl (522), cooldown usage etc.

What i am most curious about is a rough idea of what ignites you are building up during the alter time period for combustion and more generally, what is considered a big ignite worthy of combusting?

Also if anyone has any dps numbers in ToT for a fire mage of ~ilvl 522 to give me some frame of reference i would be very grateful.

Many thanks for your time,

Ticklestick.

For that ilvl, I simply don't remember what my ignite values were. For Jin'Rokh at 522ish on 10N I would think anything between 140k-180k would be normal. I realize that's a pretty big range but it depends on so many factors (trinkets, group makeup,etc..)

clarification. I do mean 140k-180k dps, not ignite value.

I don't have any logs either, but as far as I remeber, I was happy if I could build an Ignite to 100k at around 522. I think most of my combustions had an Ignite of around 60k or 70k.

But it is hard to compare fire mages on ilvl alone. A 522 fire mage in crit gear will build bigger ignites than a 522 fire mage in reforged haste gear. It really makes a difference.

If your damage is equal to other raiders at around the same ilvl, you're doing fine. Don't expect to top the meters as fire until you get a bit more gear with crit, and get lucky with the RNG-gods.