FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
XeosStorm

[Holy] Looking for some advise in mythic+

Hey everyone,

I seem to be running into some issues when I'm healing Mythic+s. I've trolled through the forums and every answer I've found is different and when I go to try it I seem to struggle a lot more than normal. I've seen in 5 man content BoV is the beacon to take, and works well but it seems like when i am in my 5 man spec, my heals overall seem lower. I try to use LotM as much as possible while keeping BF on me when I can, but i find myself using FoL more often. I dont have a mythic log, but here's one of my raid logs to compare to compare to. The details window below is from a mythic+ 2 HoV which we completed but I found myself OOM more often.

Thank you for the help in advanced! ( and yes I know the story behind my characters name, but shes been named that since BC)

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zangarmarsh/Smexxin/simple

Warcraft Logs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qFhvTCfKt4kLDzYb

FoL.PNG

BoL.PNG

HS.PNG

LotM.PNG

I used to have a lot of trouble healing any mythic + over 5 on my H paladin but have made adjustment that have helped a lot. I noticed my HPS wasn't necessarily higher and in some cases it was even lower but I was able to manage the group much more comfortably.

In Tier 3, I personally always run Devotion Aura in mythic +, the damage reduction alone makes your life as a healer much easier and prevents additional healing required. Obviously in periods of extreme damage you can pop aura mastery for the additional damage reduction for the whole group.

In Tier 4/5, I would run Holy avenger and Sanctified Wrath. Divine purpose procs are too unreliable for Mythic + and in higher mythics you won't have time to be casting judgment often enough (due to extreme damage) for it to be worth taking. Additionally, if you switch off these CDs on every other trash pull you have a significant boost in healing.

In general I cast FOL or LOTM  (w/ bestow faith on myself) at the beginning of each pull, unless I know there will be lots of incoming damage and prepare with the necessary CD pops. If the group starts to take too much damage and casting FOL isn't sufficient, casting BOV is your biggest asset. Obviously the closer you are to the rest of the group the better but casting BOV followed by HS and LOD can pretty much top the whole party off in a few seconds.

Additionally, the higher the mythic +, I find myself using Blessing of sacrifice on CD, which can definitely save your tank. Using this or Devotion aura obviously won't help your HPS but that isn't what healing a mythic + is about. If you group is alive you are doing something right regardless of the charts.

There are obviously little tweaks and adjustments to be made depending on the fight but this is a general overview of what works for me. Hope it helps!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Syrk said:

I used to have a lot of trouble healing any mythic + over 5 on my H paladin but have made adjustment that have helped a lot. I noticed my HPS wasn't necessarily higher and in some cases it was even lower but I was able to manage the group much more comfortably.

In Tier 3, I personally always run Devotion Aura in mythic +, the damage reduction alone makes your life as a healer much easier and prevents additional healing required. Obviously in periods of extreme damage you can pop aura mastery for the additional damage reduction for the whole group.

In Tier 4/5, I would run Holy avenger and Sanctified Wrath. Divine purpose procs are too unreliable for Mythic + and in higher mythics you won't have time to be casting judgment often enough (due to extreme damage) for it to be worth taking. Additionally, if you switch off these CDs on every other trash pull you have a significant boost in healing.

In general I cast FOL or LOTM  (w/ bestow faith on myself) at the beginning of each pull, unless I know there will be lots of incoming damage and prepare with the necessary CD pops. If the group starts to take too much damage and casting FOL isn't sufficient, casting BOV is your biggest asset. Obviously the closer you are to the rest of the group the better but casting BOV followed by HS and LOD can pretty much top the whole party off in a few seconds.

Additionally, the higher the mythic +, I find myself using Blessing of sacrifice on CD, which can definitely save your tank. Using this or Devotion aura obviously won't help your HPS but that isn't what healing a mythic + is about. If you group is alive you are doing something right regardless of the charts.

There are obviously little tweaks and adjustments to be made depending on the fight but this is a general overview of what works for me. Hope it helps!

Thank you so much! I will give this a shot, I figured that taking DP would help with the overall healing, but I was also under the assumption that HS and LOD would proc a bit more with it and that those two are our main spells for healing. I believe i was going off healing logs and just assuming that's how I should be healing. Before a few weeks ago i was never using LotM until I saw a pally in LFR out healing me significantly and that was his main heal. 

But I really appreciate the insight and I will give that a shot.

Thank you!