FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Spankanoid

Such bad Assassination, and I cannot figure out why.

So I'm new to these forums, but there seem to be a lot of very good players, whom I'd like to ask for a little help.

I started this expansion casually as Outlaw, but have now started raiding again. Assa seems to be performing better than the 2 other specs on most fights atm for me. My problem is that with all the research I've done, I feel I've maxed my gameplay and that my very low dps seems to be a gearing issue for the most part. I don't play Exsanguinate spec as my crit is very low and I don't have the trinkets for it.

Here's my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9960070/10/

I look at my EP and feel it's where it should be on recent logs. I feel Garrote and Rupture are both being kept up at a good level. I'm quite distressed at my dps cause I can't seem to find the points that needs fixing, so I hope you guys can help me out with some golden advice.

I'm running 2xrupture dmg and 1x Vendetta 10s cd artifacts in the most recent logs.

4 hours ago, Spankanoid said:

So I'm new to these forums, but there seem to be a lot of very good players, whom I'd like to ask for a little help.

I started this expansion casually as Outlaw, but have now started raiding again. Assa seems to be performing better than the 2 other specs on most fights atm for me. My problem is that with all the research I've done, I feel I've maxed my gameplay and that my very low dps seems to be a gearing issue for the most part. I don't play Exsanguinate spec as my crit is very low and I don't have the trinkets for it.

Here's my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9960070/10/

I look at my EP and feel it's where it should be on recent logs. I feel Garrote and Rupture are both being kept up at a good level. I'm quite distressed at my dps cause I can't seem to find the points that needs fixing, so I hope you guys can help me out with some golden advice.

I'm running 2xrupture dmg and 1x Vendetta 10s cd artifacts in the most recent logs.

Your rankings page doesn't seem to want to load for me. Can you link me to an actual log?

Oh yeah good point /facepalm

I'm Flatliner and here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Flatliner/advanced

I'm using Withered Jim trink ilvl 875+1.6k agility trinket from Eye of Azshara serpent boss when playing AP Assa. Just mentioning in case I am logged out as Outlaw where I use 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct over the Serpent one

On 16/12/2016 at 9:28 AM, Spankanoid said:

Oh yeah good point /facepalm

I'm Flatliner and here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Flatliner/advanced

I'm using Withered Jim trink ilvl 875+1.6k agility trinket from Eye of Azshara serpent boss when playing AP Assa. Just mentioning in case I am logged out as Outlaw where I use 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct over the Serpent one

Ugh I had a big reply typed up but browser crashed and I lost it all. 

Point form now:

• Should get an Agi gem, not just Crit
  • Opener could use some work. Build your CPs first before using Vend, so you get full use out of the Energy restored.
    • Garrote > Mut > Rup > Mut > (second Mut if you can, if not continue) > Vend > Mut > (if not 6cp Mut) > wait for Energy pool > Vanish + Rupture
  • That point about pooling is crucial. While you don't want to cap on Energy, if you don't need to cast Mut don't. Its only real value is to build CPs for Rupture, and to a lesser degree Envenom. Try and fit as much damage into Elaborate Planning windows as you can, you want to try and play around a higher Energy level so you have it when you need it (like for more Envenoms in Kingsbane uptime)
  • You can boost EP uptime to 75-80% or higher, this will help 
  • That Serpentrix Egg is a garbage trinket. It only added 877k damage to your Guarm fight, which is only a little more than 1 Envenom cast
    • Not sure how it compares to your BTI, but I'm not sure it's worth taking the higher ilevel one. You should Sim this to find out. Try replace it with an Ethereal Urn, Memento of Angerboda, Eye of Command, or even Tirathon's Betrayal or Six-Feathered Fan (this is a very, very expensive option for a high ilevel one)