Stan

heroes Heroes Brawl Dec 16: Haunted Mines

9 posts in this topic

XIM0F7ZLQNK11481752850581.jpg

Haunted Mines reopened with the Ragnaros patch and instead of having a short brawl, we'll have to play three standard games of the reworked map to claim our weekly rewards.

The only difference between standard play is shuffle pick Hero selection. Playing three games awards 1,000 Gold and the Haunted Mines portrait.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard Entertainment

Venture underground with this week's Brawl, The Mines Reopen, which features Shuffle Pick hero selection followed by a standard Heroes match on the freshly re-worked and re-released Haunted Mines! Collect Skulls deep within the mines to summon a Grave Golem and compel it to aid you on your mission to destroy the enemy Core.

GardenBrawl.gif

Rules

Shuffle Pick

Pick one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the Haunted Mines. Be quick about it, though —you only have 30 seconds to choose!

Haunted Mines Basics

It has been quite a while since we last stepped foot into the Haunted Mines, so here's a refresher on the Battleground's primary objectives:

• Venture Underground: The Haunted Mines will periodically open with an Undead Army underneath.
  • Collect the Skulls: Destroy the Undead and collect their Skulls to summon a powerful Golem. The more Skulls each team collects, of the total 100 contained within the mines, the stronger their Golems become.
  • Unleash the Golems: After the Undead have been defeated, a Golem will rise for each team and plow through a lane in search of Structures to destroy.

Haunted Mines Updates

The Haunted Mines Battleground has undergone significant changes since it was last available for play, and we've turned it into this week's Heroes Brawl so everyone can get familiar with the adjustments we've made. Here are the key changes:

• Grave Golems now spawn in fixed positions in each lane, and switch lanes each time they are summoned.
  • The layout of the Underground Mines has been reworked, and the Neutral Grave Golem can now be found at its center.
  • The upper level’s center area has been reworked.
    • Additional Mine Entrances have been placed to the East and West of the Battleground’s center area, for a total of 4.
    • A Mercenary Camp has been placed near each Mine Entrance, featuring Siege Giants at the East and West Entrances, and Sappers in the North and South.

Rewards

Complete three matches of The Mines Reopen to earn 1,000 Gold and the following portrait:

Brawl_Portrait_304x305.jpg

(Source)

1 person likes this

It's nice that Haunted Mines comes back shortly after I start playing again.  At least there is something familiar instead of a bunch of Mucked up characters.  :/

Wait, we have to actually win 3 times to get the rewards? Or just play 3 matches?

Just now, Valhalen said:

Wait, we have to actually win 3 times to get the rewards? Or just play 3 matches?

You only have to complete 3 to get the reward. @Stan made a typo. Bad Stan, bad bad Stan. :P 

1 hour ago, KingMe said:

You only have to complete 3 to get the reward. @Stan made a typo. Bad Stan, bad bad Stan. :P 

No Christmas presents for me this year :(

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Stan said:

No Christmas presents for me this year :(

I'll have to check my list. Just know though, I'm checking it twice. :P 

1 person likes this

Stan probably hates me. This is the second time I found an error in his text. 😅

38 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Nah, we appreciate you spotting those and pointing them out so we can get them fixed as soon as possible. Though I will admit for a while there, before I was a Mod, I thought @positiv2 and @Blainie were annoyed with me because I kept finding tool tip issues.  So keep those eyes peeled, and if you see anymore issues, please let us know. :)  

51 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Not really :) I appreciate it, thank you! As @KingMe pointed out, if there are any errors anywhere let us know and we'll try to fix them asap. Was writing the news early in the morning didn't notice it, sorry about that.

1 person likes this