FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Edrandolph

Outlaw opener with legendary bracers

Hey guys,

I've recently gotten the legendary bracers. I've worked Between the Eyes into my rotation and have gotten used to holding the bracers buff for a blunderbuss proc. My question is the opening sequence. 

1. Cast Marked for Death Icon Marked for Death on the boss 10 seconds before the pull if no short lifespan adds will spawn in the opener.
  2. Cast Roll the Bones Icon Roll the Bones at 2 seconds before the countdown.
  3. Use Potion of the Old War Icon Potion of the Old War potion.
  4. Cast Ambush Icon Ambush.
  5. Cast Ghostly Strike Icon Ghostly Strike.
  6. If Bloodlust Icon Bloodlust is up, cast Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash (otherwise skip this Saber Slash).
  7. Activate Adrenaline Rush Icon Adrenaline Rush.
  8. Cast Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash.
  9. If your current Roll the Bones Icon Roll the Bones is 1 of or any combination of True Bearing Icon True Bearing, Shark Infested Waters Icon Shark Infested Waters, Jolly Roger Icon Jolly Roger, or Grand Melee Icon Grand Melee, then cast Run Through Icon Run Through. If not, instead cast Roll the Bones Icon Roll the Bones.
  10. Pool Energy until ~60 and activate Icon Curse of the Dreadblades.
  11. Alternate between Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash and Run Through Icon Run Through. Only spend your Opportunity Icon Opportunity procs if you have insufficient Energy to cast Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash.
  12. With your last Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash during Icon Curse of the Dreadblades you should reroll if you have only a single buff.
  13. Keep re-rolling until you have 2 buffs or True Bearing Icon True Bearing.

If I roll the right buffs at step 9 should I be casting Between the Eyes instead of Run Through? Or should I just open normally and then work Between the Eyes into my rotation after Curse of the Dreadblades is on cooldown? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks guys. 

Edited by Edrandolph

5 hours ago, Edrandolph said:

Hey guys,

I've recently gotten the legendary bracers. I've worked Between the Eyes into my rotation and have gotten used to holding the bracers buff for a blunderbuss proc. My question is the opening sequence. 

1. Cast Marked for Death Icon Marked for Death on the boss 10 seconds before the pull if no short lifespan adds will spawn in the opener.
  2. Cast Roll the Bones Icon Roll the Bones at 2 seconds before the countdown.
  3. Use Potion of the Old War Icon Potion of the Old War potion.
  4. Cast Ambush Icon Ambush.
  5. Cast Ghostly Strike Icon Ghostly Strike.
  6. If Bloodlust Icon Bloodlust is up, cast Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash (otherwise skip this Saber Slash).
  7. Activate Adrenaline Rush Icon Adrenaline Rush.
  8. Cast Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash.
  9. If your current Roll the Bones Icon Roll the Bones is 1 of or any combination of True Bearing Icon True Bearing, Shark Infested Waters Icon Shark Infested Waters, Jolly Roger Icon Jolly Roger, or Grand Melee Icon Grand Melee, then cast Run Through Icon Run Through. If not, instead cast Roll the Bones Icon Roll the Bones.
  10. Pool Energy until ~60 and activate Icon Curse of the Dreadblades.
  11. Alternate between Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash and Run Through Icon Run Through. Only spend your Opportunity Icon Opportunity procs if you have insufficient Energy to cast Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash.
  12. With your last Saber Slash Icon Saber Slash during Icon Curse of the Dreadblades you should reroll if you have only a single buff.
  13. Keep re-rolling until you have 2 buffs or True Bearing Icon True Bearing.

If I roll the right buffs at step 9 should I be casting Between the Eyes instead of Run Through? Or should I just open normally and then work Between the Eyes into my rotation after Curse of the Dreadblades is on cooldown? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks guys. 

My $0.02

*I would say yes, go and ahead and hit BTE first to get the CD going.  More uses = better

*I personally don't waste Old War pots on the opener UNLESS I get 3 or 6 rolls.  Otherwise I use Prolonged Power to keep things afloat until I get a better roll

Edit: I don't really know what the drop to 300% is going to do to the value of BTE\PS yet, but I'm not really optimistic that it will remain much of a dps increase.

Edited by MrEdren