FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Janonymous

Your Destro Talent for Myth+?

Hi guys,

I used to play Afflication in myth+, but now i wanted to try something different, that's why I tried Destro. I read through a lot of guides and also tried some stuff, but for me there is no real myth+ build. 

First thing I tried was a RoF (Rain of Fire) build and keeping up Immolate on enemies: 3/2/3/3/2/3/3, my problem is that the enemies die way to fast, so I can't use it's full potential, also its totally AOE to 2-3 targets there is a small dmg output.

AOE Rotation:

1. cataclysm
  2. Soul harvest (if ready)
  3. RoF (if possible)
  4. Keeping Immolate up on targets
  5. Conflagrate to generate soul shards for RoF

Single Rotation:

1. Keep Immolate up
  2. Chaos Bolt
  3. Conflagrate
  4. Dimensional Rift
  5. Incinerate

Second is: 1/2/3/2/2/3/3, with this build it's possible to roll all skills in time before the mobs die, but I'm a little bit afraid of pulling other mobs through Fire and Brimstone and again there is less dmg to 2-3 targets.

AOE Rotation:

1. cataclysm
  2. RoF
  3. Incinerate

Single Rotation as above.

Third one: 2/1/3/1/2/3/1, a cleave build. Problem here, if there are more than 3 mobs it is quite a huge dmg loss, isn't it On the other hand it is possible to kill important targets (f.e. healer) quickly.

Rotation:

1. Havoc on 2. target
  2. Keep Immolate up
  3. Chaos Bolt
  4. Conflagrate
  5. Dimensional Rift
  6. Incinerate

These are the builds I tried. Some CDs aren't on the Rotation lists because they are mostly situational. As I already said at the beginning, I'm interested in what kind of builds you use, do you have specific ones for each dungeon? Also I'm happy about any feedback to "my builds", is there something I missed?

I'm sorry if something isn't spelled right or else, but I guess you'll understand the text.

Looking forward to your response!

My most common high mythic plus build is: 1131131 (though be aware I haven't done more than an +11 in time but I felt I was a pretty equal member of the team except for a lack of interrupt). I would never pick up RB though as it hinders target switching (or you lose damage) which is such a common thing in dungeons (especially with certain affixes) and if the mobs do not live the full length of your double Immolate you will also miss out over Backdraft I believe.

Personally I really dislike Cataclysm. It is WOOOO for say 10 seconds then blah for the other 50 (in my opinion). If you do not have enough mobs (say if on a boss fight) to benefit or they die too quick before many Immolate ticks then again it's a waste.

Soul Harvest to me is also not a good choice with such a long cooldown.

If I am doing a lower level one, or a heroic, I may swap Eradication for Fire & Brimstone. Though like you I am not quite sure what dungeons are more AoE ones. Affixes and group composition also play a part in the choice and I am still narrowing down when I should or not. Usually though I tend to go with classes who can handle the burst AoE so I prefer to focus on other areas and favour Eradication.

There is nothing to stop you from doing RoF in a cleave build when there are not priority targets and let's say 5+ mobs. DoT everything and spam Rain and you should get pretty decent damage though of course we will not be as high as the strong AoE classes. We do seriously rock though on 2 targets.

Do you also play Demo? I am not very confident with it yet to do high mythics but I am seriously impressed with its capabilities for ST, burst and sustained AoE damage compared to Destro (which is kinda funny as the latter is so much more versatile in a raid).

Will give this build a try.

I feel the same about cataclysm, it has a huge advantage for bigger packs with enough health, but mostly they die just after casting it. Same problem vor Soul Harvest, you get many dots through cataclysm and get a longer buff, but they die quickly, thats why you lose some time of it getting nothing.

As a Demo I played some time ago, but switched because of the way it worked (maybe only for me) in dungeons. It took quite a lot time to get your demons up and then start dealing decent AOE dmg using Demonwrath (enemies were dead before I was able to do something). But maybe i was just doing something wrong or some things have changed till that time.

im using 1132333  for M+ in my destro talents

mainly coz the tank pulls a few mobs together

Backdraft is the obvious choice imo
Reverse Entropy so you dont have to Manatap like a madman
using Showdow fury on some affixes helps the tanks alot of he needs to drop stacks or mobs get a too high dmg increase
Fire and Brimstone is awsome for aoe  but sometimes hits a target you dont want to if the tank doesnt pull away from other packs
Dark Pact as a OMG HELP button
Grimoire of Sacrifice is for decent aoe dmg allthough some dungeons i swap to Grimoire of Service when there is not much large pacs in dungeons to get the most dps  on boss fights
allthough i have the  cloak legendary im going for soul Conduit coz more than often Rain of Fire refunds all shards and you can cast it twice or sometimes even more wich results in a massive aoe.

i've jiggled a bit with talents and testing and found this is the way to go for me someone might have a different opinion or feel to it.

3 hours ago, Rankrage said:

im using 1132333  for M+ in my destro talents

mainly coz the tank pulls a few mobs together

Backdraft is the obvious choice imo
Reverse Entropy so you dont have to Manatap like a madman
using Showdow fury on some affixes helps the tanks alot of he needs to drop stacks or mobs get a too high dmg increase
Fire and Brimstone is awsome for aoe  but sometimes hits a target you dont want to if the tank doesnt pull away from other packs
Dark Pact as a OMG HELP button
Grimoire of Sacrifice is for decent aoe dmg allthough some dungeons i swap to Grimoire of Service when there is not much large pacs in dungeons to get the most dps  on boss fights
allthough i have the  cloak legendary im going for soul Conduit coz more than often Rain of Fire refunds all shards and you can cast it twice or sometimes even more wich results in a massive aoe.

i've jiggled a bit with talents and testing and found this is the way to go for me someone might have a different opinion or feel to it.

Yeah to a certain extent it is definitely a personal choice. On higher ones we tend to pull quite slowly now and I don't think I would get much from F&B.

I am very curious about what the 7.1.5 changes bring to the table.