Facebook Live Q/A: Dec 15 Recap

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic


Senior Game Designer Joe Shely was answering user-submitted questions in a Facebook Live Q/A on December 15 and here's a recap.


Most of the questions were already answered at BlizzCon, we learn only very little news.

  • Patch 2.4.3 will come to PC & Consoles at the same time. Consoles will get Seasons too (starting with Season 10 I suppose).
  • New cosmetics are coming in Season 9 (new portraits).
  • The Barbarian Wrath of the Wastes set is going through an overhaul. The tornadoes were too powerful that's why they are turned down to represent approximately 40% of your DPS whereas the remaining 60% will be associated with WhirlwindWhirlwind.
  • The 64-bit client with DX11 (comes with Patch 2.4.3) will improve load times and bring graphical improvements.
  • Group play is currently more rewarding than solo play and the team wants to change that.
  • There are no plans to overhaul the character skill system. Gameplay changers come in the way of creative itemization and Legendaries with affixes.
  • The team is happy with the Paragon system as a means to gain power after max level and for those who seek even more challenge there will be Challenge Rifts.
  • Blood and Decay are the main themes for the Necromancer design. They don't want to give them Poison as they would be too similar to Witch Doctors.
  • New achievements are coming with the Rise of the Necromancer pack.
  • They wanted to incorporate OverpowerOverpower into the Wrath of the Wastes set, but they will see how Saffron WrapSaffron Wrap is doing on live and evaluate from there.
  • A 7th set piece was added to the Armor of Akkhan and they will see what builds players come up with before making any further tweaks.
  • The team doesn't want players to log in and feel weaker as some sets are outperforming other that's why weaker sets received buffs and they will continue to monitor the situation.
  • ArchonArchon was too dominant for Wizards so they buffed Delsere's Magnum Opus that doesn't use this ability. 
  • Improvements to mob layouts in Greater Rifts are coming. Also changes; players will get a fourth chance to upgrade their gems when they don't die in a Greater Rift. Hardcore will get this option by default obviously.

Here's a VoD of the interview, but the volume is somewhat low.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Wizard Vyr Set Dungeon guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Wizard Tal Rasha Set Dungeon guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Wizard DMO Set Dungeon guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Wizard Firebird Set Dungeon guide.
    • By Stan

      Dominion's Revenge (StarCraft anniversary) pet is coming to consoles, but requires Patch 2.6.1a to go live.
      Players can get the StarCraft anniversary pet Dominion's Revenge on PC for logging in after March 6, 2018. Console players started wondering whether the pet's going to be available on consoles as well, because it's not live yet. The good news is it's coming to consoles with Patch 2.6.1a. The release has just been delayed according to reports.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Yes! Allow me to explain:
      This pet will be coming to console. However, it requires Patch 2.6.1a (which is where it was implemented) to acquire, which has not yet been deployed to console for technical reasons.
      As soon as we are able to deliver that patch, console players will also be able to enjoy this pet. :)
      Dominion's Revenge Pet