FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
coldhearte

Sin need help

Hey guys. I'm (relatively) new to WoW and mythic raiding in general. Have several questions.

I'm at 38% crit, 123% mastery. I use 375 mastery food now in raids, I have read that rogues ideally want 43 crit or so? Should I be using crit food instead?  Change a gem to crit as opposed to my current mastery gems?

Guarm fight - I have no idea why but my logs on this fight are awful.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CGk6ZWXpBgya7xqf#type=summary&source=7&comparesearchplayer=7

I can't really figure out why, what should I be doing during the part when he jumps around? I typically just spam poisoned knife to build CP.

Obviously only legendary being Prydaz hurts me, but anything jump out at these logs?

Here's mythic ursoc - 9% of sin rogues X.X  I know I should be using AP here, I do now.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WLKPvJHwkbqNXcxB#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=2

I also believe I linked my gear in there, but will include armory if people can't see it.

I'm working on getting an eye of command, can't get a drop.

Also - I have two vendetta relics that are 860, I currently use two rupture crit+ relics that are 870.  Should I swap those or wait until I have all 3 vendetta?  What sort of drop off an ilvl can I sacrifice?

On 12/18/2016 at 10:34 AM, coldhearte said:

I can't really figure out why, what should I be doing during the part when he jumps around? I typically just spam poisoned knife to build CP.

In short yes, but don't spam it. Just avoid Energy capping and make sure your poisons don't drop.

On 12/18/2016 at 10:34 AM, coldhearte said:

Also - I have two vendetta relics that are 860, I currently use two rupture crit+ relics that are 870.  Should I swap those or wait until I have all 3 vendetta?  What sort of drop off an ilvl can I sacrifice?

The ilevel of the relic isn't what matters, it's the ilevel that it adds to your weapon. But yes you should use the Master Assassin ones

Do you have the legendary boots?

On 12/18/2016 at 4:34 AM, coldhearte said:

I can't really figure out why, what should I be doing during the part when he jumps around?

Get out of the way :D

• Like 1

Bumping.

New log from mythic cen, it's a wipe but I finished in 9th percentile with no idea why.  I spend a lot of time cleansing brambles, so thats obviously a DPS loss, but no idea what I'm missing here.  I only have 35 artifact traits and I assume most people have a few more.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hmFQjRwf6BVqrgNJ#type=summary&source=12

96 uptime rupture, 98 garrote.  Can't figure out how to see EP uptime.  What am I missing?

17 hours ago, coldhearte said:

Can't figure out how to see EP uptime

It's under the "Buffs" tab 

I only have 35 artifact traits and I assume most people have a few more.

35 is what matters, past that isn't a super big deal.

What am I missing?

Honestly? Longer fight, a kill, and ilevel.

Your damage is fine for your ilevel; you seem to be comfortably 50th percentile, which while not amazing, is solid especially if you're running out to clear brambles.

What relics do you have in your weapons? And which legendaries/trinkets?

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

It's under the "Buffs" tab 

35 is what matters, past that isn't a super big deal.

Honestly? Longer fight, a kill, and ilevel.

Your damage is fine for your ilevel; you seem to be comfortably 50th percentile, which while not amazing, is solid especially if you're running out to clear brambles.

What relics do you have in your weapons? And which legendaries/trinkets?

Oh thanks.  See it now.

So I actually posted this same thing on the DPS help on reddit, was also asking in the rogue disc.  People were suggesting I stop spamming the 3cp envenoms to keep EP up and start doing 4-6 (outside of Vendetta, when I should be aiming to keep EP up as much as possible.)

My gear was on the log but if you couldn't see I have  -

trinks

890 Bloodthristy Impact 

860 eye of command

I have 3 Vendetta relics, 

860 shadow

845 iron

860 blood

I actually took out some of my other relics just to have 3 Vendetta.  I am thinking about putting in an 890 envenom relic I have and staying with 2 Vendettas.  Unsure though and don't know what will be best in the patch.  That's where most of my ilvl went.

Edited by coldhearte

I can't figure out how to sim a relic, as I would have to destroy my existing one, but how reliable is simcraft?

I usually go by pawn, but my sim is showing small dps on gear some higher ilvl gear with like 100more agi but haste as the primary stat.

1 hour ago, coldhearte said:

I can't figure out how to sim a relic, as I would have to destroy my existing one, but how reliable is simcraft?

I usually go by pawn, but my sim is showing small dps on gear some higher ilvl gear with like 100more agi but haste as the primary stat.

Simcraft is the go-to for most people, and what I recommend using. Make sure you have the latest APL's by updating to the newest version.

Agi is usually the most important stat for Rogues - there are some exceptions, where one stat or another is really low, but Agi is usually the most beneficial. It varies, but I'd trust Simcraft in most cases.

You can Sim relics too. Check out these two links if you haven't seen them before, they should help you quite a bit. TL;DR though is that 3x Vendetta ones is the best setup you can have by a VERY significant margin.

Sim Yourself with bonus Reddit ID thread

Relics Info

On 12/31/2016 at 2:40 PM, Carrn said:

Hey guys.  Finally got a mythic Cen kill.  Feel like I did fine considering my leader makes me swap to the sister and I try and sprint clear brambles twice.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gGT7wr4RKCWmzXPA#type=damage-done&fight=21

Also had some decent parses on our Xavius wipes.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gGT7wr4RKCWmzXPA#type=damage-done

Thanks for those rogue discord links, feel like I got so much better since last week.

On 1/5/2017 at 7:11 AM, coldhearte said:

Hey guys.  Finally got a mythic Cen kill.  Feel like I did fine considering my leader makes me swap to the sister and I try and sprint clear brambles twice.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gGT7wr4RKCWmzXPA#type=damage-done&fight=21

Also had some decent parses on our Xavius wipes.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gGT7wr4RKCWmzXPA#type=damage-done

Thanks for those rogue discord links, feel like I got so much better since last week.

Congrats on the kill :)

You're parsing well for your level too - focus on improving each of those things, and try convincing your raid lead to let you sit on the boss for an evening (or at the very least not clear brambles) if you want to really try and push it :P