zarontheinsane

Resto Druid needing help (pvp)

6 posts in this topic

I have a resto druid I have been doing bgs and arenas with for a while now. I finally have got him in full honor gear and am working on the conquest gear now. The only problem is that my healing doesn't seem to be good enough to keep myself or others alive especially if im being attacked and suffering from the pushback on my casting. I need some tips on things I can do to increase my healing. Maybe I need more int for stronger heals, or need more haste just to be able to cast faster before me or someone else is killed (and of course increase the ticks of my hots which will help out a good bit). I'll provide a link to my character in the armory so you all can check him out and possibly be able to tell me what I need to do. I know the staff I have right now is not as good as what I should have but I did have the inv_staff_2h_pandariatradeskill_c_03.jpgInscribed Crane Staff (and will get the honor staff in a day or so since im about to have a bit of free time to play more) but had to give to my alt that is trying to get into lfrs and needed new gear. I try to always keep spell_nature_rejuvenation.jpgRejuvenation on myself and rejuv and inv_misc_herb_felblossom.jpgLifebloom (lifebloom is sometimes on myself if needed) and use spell_nature_healingtouch.jpgHealing Touch when I can if myself or someone needs a big heal and rarely can use ability_druid_nourish.jpgNourish because it heals for so little even though it does have a very low mana cost, I use inv_relics_idolofrejuvenation.jpgSwiftmend pretty much whenever it is not on cooldown, and regrowth is my primary heal. With the inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Regrowth it can work as a really nice heal (healing for almost 100k plus puts a living seed on the target). Well thanks in advance and if you have any questions about what I may be doing so as to help me out to tell me how to play a little different so I can be better (also check my glyphs and talents and gems and enchants to see if they need to be changed). Oh and also if anyone could give me a guideline of what conquest gear I need to get for him and in which order such as weps or trinks or rings first or armor or what (sitting at about 2500 saving for the staff but kinda want a second opinion) Thanks Posted Imagehttp://us.battle.net...aelath/advanced

1 person likes this

I sadly can't tell you anything about the stats or rotation a Resto Druid needs, because I simply don't know. Just take the following tips as if your basic healing was already optimal.

As a Windwalker, however, I can tell you a bit about the playstyle of your class. It's not (only) about the healing. First of all, you have excellent movement and crowd control capabilities. You should try to get out of line of sight as often as possible (for example behind a pillar) and kite melees as much as possible. Specifically in arena matches, your HoTs allow you a high amount of flexibility. Sometimes putting the mage in a cyclone (maybe instant with Nature's Swiftness!) for 6 seconds is more viable than tanking his damage with heals. You need to find a balance between crowd control, movement and healing. This is the hard part when you play a RDruid. When I play against a RDruid and he kites me around a pillar, I can't do too much after having used my cooldowns despite my excellent movement as a Windwalker. Your ace is certainly the shape shift here, which frees you from all roots and snares. To sum it up, try to avoid damage, do not tank it.

By the way, the PvP staff is incredibly important, as it increases your healing by about 8%. This is due to the PvP Power on it. As you might know, ability_creature_cursed_05.jpgBattle Fatigue decreases the healing in PvP situations and PvP Power aims at balancing that out. This might be one cause.

I know next to nothing about pvp, but I would advice you to drop Healing Touch and Nourish completely.

They are not worth casting in PvE, and due to their long casttime, even worse in PvP.

Other than that I echo the advice from Marco (which I keep reading as 'Macro'...). CC and movement are king in PvP, especially as a druid :)

I know next to nothing about pvp, but I would advice you to drop Healing Touch and Nourish completely.

They are not worth casting in PvE, and due to their long casttime, even worse in PvP.

Other than that I echo the advice from Marco (which I keep reading as 'Macro'...). CC and movement are king in PvP, especially as a druid Posted Image

Healing Touch is indeed only used in combination with Nature's Swiftness, which heals a lot.

I forgot to mention that you can also use a Bear Form + Might of Ursol + Battlemaster's Trinket + Healing combination to get to a crazy amount of health for a few seconds (which is not lost after leaving Bear form, afaik). Excellent defensive combination.

Ok, thanks for what you both have said, I use some of my CC but I probably don't use it as good as I could so need to improve on that along with using my movement to los casters and get away from melee so I don't have to heal as much in such a short amount of time, but instead just avoid more of it. This will take a bit of getting used to since my main is a blood dk that I use for raiding, pvping and just about anything else and often have that feeling of being able to take on the world, but ill get better the more that I do.

1 person likes this

What I would suggest is getting the conquest staff with spirit/mastery stats on it ASAP. Also, your priority should be spirit>mastery>haste>crit (maybe hitting haste breakpoints if you'd like, I don't notice it too much) in terms of reforging, and Int>Mastery=Spirit for gems.

I would start out learning to heal in 2s, and once you're comfortable you can start up in 3s. As a resto druid, you have a lot of CC, and in 2s you can focus a lot on that compared to in 3s, but it is still a good idea to get good with cc chains regardless.

Disorienting roar, bear faerie fire, cyclone 3x, typhoon behind LoS, etc etc etc, there is a lotttt you can do.

Also, you bring symbiosis so getting partners that can create useful combinations is very useful. Shamans get solar beam (dps), mages give you ice block, hunters give you deterrence, warriors give you intimidating shout, rogues get growl and you get evasion, monks give you fortifying brew, and the list goes on.

Just try to make sure you're using everything you have to your advantage and to line of sight and use Barkskin when you're getting nuked, and Ironbark when your allies are. They are both really short cooldowns.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM/MM.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.

Any and all applications be considered.
    • By thomson92
      My game time expired about 1-1,5 months before patch 7.1.5 appeared in wow.
      I focus only on pvp and I play shaman ele. Is it worth to come back to wow? Can you guys tell in what condition pvp is right now (2s,3s,bg's / wpvp)? Comments on blizzard forum don't encourage me to return. 
    • By SoloMD
      <Raging Time> of US Mal'Ganis is recruiting exceptional raiders for our mythic Nighthold roster. We are a very serious adult guild(18+) with a stellar team and take raiding extremely serious.
      Current Progression:
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare & 2/3M Trials of Valor 10/10H Nighthold
      Raid Times:
      Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:00pm-12:00am Server Time. (9:00pm-1:00am EST)
      Recruitment Needs:
      Currently Recruiting all RDPS classes!
      Priority:
      Resto Druid/Shaman- High
      Shadow Priest - High
      MW Monk -High
      Frost DK -High
      MM Hunter -High
      Considering all other DPS classes also!
      All other classes we are still taking into consideration!! So please don't think if your class is not above we don't want/need you!
      Requirements & What we expect:
      885 Minimum ilvl.
      40+ Artifact Trait Lgvel.
      BIS Optimized Gear.
      Teamspeak 3 Client.
      RCLootCouncil.
      Full knowledge of your specialization inside and out.
      Knowledge of Emerald Nightmare and its Bosses.
      No drama.
      Ability to take responsibility for your mistakes.
      During your trial if you miss we will not take you into consideration
      Of course a sense of humor!
      Ability to make 90% of our 12 raids per month.
      Who are we:
      Raging Time was established in early February of 2016 in hopes of restoring the old raiding/guild atmosphere. We are a very loving and fun guild but raiding is extremely important to us and are expected realm top 20 this tier of raid.
      Trials/Applications:
      In order to get in contact with us about applying there will be two steps you will have to take. One being add the GM or add one of the following Officers in order to apply/ talk to us in obtaining a raid spot. Due to all of us being on at different times please add in the following order if you would like to get in contact as soon as possible, and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible. Once you add one of us on Real ID you are to do the following.
      Send one of us a battle net message of the following:
          Your current Item level
          Your current artifact trait level
          A Screenshot of your UI
          A link to your current armory
          A link to your logs if you have any(recommended not required)
          As well as how you found us whether it be from Mal Ganis forums, wowprogress, in game, or another source.

1.Orcbilagio(GM) - Orcbely#1393
      2.Sirpanda (Recruitment Officer) - SirPanda#21805
      3.Freshest(Healer Officer) - FreshestKidd#1644
      4. Psyxz(MDPS Officer) - Psyx#1649
      If you are interested in us please have no hesitation to apply and we look forward to possibly having you. Thank you!
    • By ShadyBoxface
      My youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD1V9bGJ28qCmhUJLbMNtvw
      Mostly Resto Druid PoV, new videos weekly!