FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tazinas

Stormbringer procs over flamtongue?

Hey all,

if I get a lot of stormbringer procs, for example when my trinket procs or while bloodlust is active, should I prioritize spamming stormstrike over renewing flamtonuge?

My 2nd question is about the ursoc trinket, I got a 880 one a few weeks ago but I dont use it. I still prefer the Arcanocrystal with quad stats.

Whats your opinion on that? I feel like the trinket doesnt proc enough to come up with the loss of mastery and haste.

I'm at 30% crit 20% haste and 70% mastery unbuffed with the Arcanocrystal

What I'll usually do is refresh Flametongue before using either Doom Winds or Feral Spirit, because both of those things tend to make the Stormbringer procs go crazy. If it really seems determined to be that one-button rotation, I'll refresh Boulderfist and Frostbrand on the GCD after they drop (unless it looks like they're going to drop simultaneously, which does sometimes happen) and ignore both Crash Lightning and Flametongue.

The uptime on Bloodthirsty Instinct is amazing, I can't imagine how you are dissatisfied with it. I swap in and out of some other trinkets and even legendaries depending on what I'm doing, but BI is an integral part of both my Mythic+ gear and my raiding set. It seems like it is always there when it counts the most. What would be your other alternate choice?

Edited by Tarazet

My problem is not how often it procs it's more like I'm not statisfied with the stats I gain when it procs. I gain 3k Haste ( 2,2k if you subtract the haste from my old trinket) which is about 8%. What that means is that I sometimes gain 8% haste for the duration of 10 seconds but  I lose 3% Crit, 5% Mastery and 2% Versatility for the duration of the full fight.

What's the other trinket that you are using, so that you are choosing between BI and Arcanocrystal? Using the two together is a good combo, because one offers a static boost and one is dynamic with strong uptime, ensuring you get great scaling (especially at the end of a fight when BI procs more frequently). If the third trinket that you're not swapping out is Spontaneous Appendages, OK, I get that, but I'm just wondering here.

Spontaneous Appendages is really strong at any item level, and especially if you are also using Bloodthirsty Instinct.