Maltharion

Need help - Fury Warrior

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone and thanks for popping in and providing with some care :)

I've always been a pretty decent warrior in previous expansions. Maybe not over the top but never bad. However, this expansion, I'm feeling terribly weak. I perform so much subpar my gearlevel that my precious warrior now is nothing but a mere alt.
SO,  I finally decided that it's time to stop fooling around, I want to become a good warrior again! 

I've put up a log from an LFR grp on Xavius and can ofc put up more logs if needed. I know I messed up a few priorities in this fight due to utter chaos (LFR u know ;P) but apart from that it's no MAJOR difference from how I normally perform unfortunately:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/V3R9gAFZWDdhN68b#type=damage-done&source=5

My gear is mostly tanking stuff but the stats are not that different in the end:
ilvl: 868
Crit: 13%
Haste: 33%
Mastery: 27%
Vers: 9%
Link to armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Wreckitorc/simple

I am using simcraft and pawn for my gearchoice and regularily scan to see if anything changes with new gear etc.

Help is much appreciated and many thanks in advance!

/Wreckit

Hi Maltharion.

Seeing your logs, it's noticeable that your Enrage uptime is too low. You might be missing out on how to maintain a higher enrage uptime, 

If you take a close look at your execute phase, you'll see that most of it was without the enrage buff, which hinders your execute damage and rage generation.

To start, i would highly recommend you to trade your Carnage talent for Massacre.

19 hours ago, Lunaluna said:

Hi Maltharion.

Seeing your logs, it's noticeable that your Enrage uptime is too low. You might be missing out on how to maintain a higher enrage uptime, 

If you take a close look at your execute phase, you'll see that most of it was without the enrage buff, which hinders your execute damage and rage generation.

To start, i would highly recommend you to trade your Carnage talent for Massacre.

Thanks for your reply Lunaluna.
I figured it would have to do something with my enrage count.

What I am trying to do is to in almost any circumstance (even when enrage is up) is to use BT on cooldown and rampage goes off maybe too often directly when it procs. Could be though that I'm overprioritizing (not quite willingly) on Raging blow and perhaps I should try to downprioritise that a bit to really really ensure I can't throw either BT/Ramp. How do you normally prioritise this?

I realise the difficulty behind the spec is that there's no "real rotation", but a priority system and  maybe not keeping my head cool is what's making me f*ck it up too much. Though, even at a doll I can only push for around 270-280k dps for a 5+ min fight (with flask :S). Looking at simc I should be able to produce a LOT more with the gear I have, especially on a dummy.

THanks again for the reply and hoping for a continued discussion! :)

1 minute ago, Maltharion said:

Thanks for your reply Lunaluna.
I figured it would have to do something with my enrage count.

What I am trying to do is to in almost any circumstance (even when enrage is up) is to use BT on cooldown and rampage goes off maybe too often directly when it procs. Could be though that I'm overprioritizing (not quite willingly) on Raging blow and perhaps I should try to downprioritise that a bit to really really ensure I can't throw either BT/Ramp. How do you normally prioritise this?

I realise the difficulty behind the spec is that there's no "real rotation", but a priority system and  maybe not keeping my head cool is what's making me f*ck it up too much. Though, even at a doll I can only push for around 270-280k dps for a 5+ min fight (with flask :S). Looking at simc I should be able to produce a LOT more with the gear I have, especially on a dummy.

THanks again for the reply and hoping for a continued discussion! :)

Surely.

What i suggest is to plan your rotation to accordingly, so as to minimize your enrage downtime.

If you have just popped an enrage proc, plan on how you're gonna keep it. You lose much more dps from losing enrage than if you delay it 1 GCD to get enraged again. 

I'm usually getting lots of Massacre procs, and I use those Rampages to keep me enraged. If you manage well, you can keep yourself enraged like 50% of the time from using massacre procs (Ayala is very good at this) and normal rampages. The rest comes from well placed furious slashes to help BT to work. I perceived a DPS gain from adding Eye of Command to my gear, trading it with a haste stat stick, since I'm approaching 70% enrage uptime now.

Which Fury legendaries do you have? Trinkets?

Your armory shows me you as prot.

=)

On 2016-12-21 at 5:30 PM, Lunaluna said:

Surely.

What i suggest is to plan your rotation to accordingly, so as to minimize your enrage downtime.

If you have just popped an enrage proc, plan on how you're gonna keep it. You lose much more dps from losing enrage than if you delay it 1 GCD to get enraged again. 

I'm usually getting lots of Massacre procs, and I use those Rampages to keep me enraged. If you manage well, you can keep yourself enraged like 50% of the time from using massacre procs (Ayala is very good at this) and normal rampages. The rest comes from well placed furious slashes to help BT to work. I perceived a DPS gain from adding Eye of Command to my gear, trading it with a haste stat stick, since I'm approaching 70% enrage uptime now.

Which Fury legendaries do you have? Trinkets?

Your armory shows me you as prot.

=)

I'll surely have a look at that! :)

The massacre procs can surely help a lot in some fights, but for the moment I'm mostly doing mythic+ etc on the warrior since it's not my main raiding-toon.

Very strange that the armory is showing me as prot I haven't logged out in that state for a long time , but anyhow:
Unfortunately I haven't had the luck of receiving any fury legendary at all. I've logged a lot of playtime as a prot-warrior and so far only one legendary at all (for prot-tree). So quite bad RNG. The trinkets I have are both pretty low standard but it's stat trinkets with str+haste in both slots.

Thank you so much again! 

PS. I'm already noticing a small difference in dungeons when trying harder to focus on enrage rather than what ability hits harder! :)

Edited by Maltharion

Really interesting topic. I don't play fury as my mainspec, just sometimes as second.

The interesting part is the enrage-uptime discussion or better the delay of BT. I read different fury discussions and they don't seem to agree to that. As far as i understood they mention that you should always follow the rotation and use BT even if you're allready enraged and just use furious slash if nothing else is usable. The dmg from BT is higher and you gain also rage which helps to use rampage. Due tue rampage is the main enrage source, you should gain rage as much as possible, even now your main uptime of enrage is coming from rampage. With a certain lvl of haste you're barely using furious slash because ur generaiting enough rage to use rampage.

Again, this is not my statement, i'm not a really experienced fury. What you guys think about that? I just tested it and i'm really doing more dps (having around 33% haste and 45% mastery). It's also an easier way to deal dmg because you dont have to care about enrage or not.

/to discuss

Edited by Allseye

Allseye, i respectfully disagree.

If I manage my few Furious Slash usage to buff BT`s and keep a higher enrage time, I usually have a bigger DPS than using BT on cooldown. I have Ayala's, so my enrage uptime is kinda higher due to Massacre.

The playstyle will change if you dont have the ring, talents will change... So, when I pointed that, it was my point of view according to the gear I have, and considering someone that has the ring.