Granei

Need Pro Tips: BM DPS

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I need some help by increasing my Single Target DPS as BM.

Status Quo:

My Ilvl is at nearly 880, my gear and talents did I simulate with askmrrobot. agi>mastery>haste>crit>versality and ~10 ilvl >  secondarystats 15-20> primarystats. You can take a closer look at wowprogress:

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/antonidas/Granei

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/antonidas/Granei/advanced

Artefact:

Reach today lvl 35 :) 

ilvl 902 (take a look at wowprogrss)

My stats:

27% crit

17% hast + trinket

73% mastery (has been higher but I got ilvl upgrades which have been ways too good)

My legendaries are Roar and Call.

As talents I choosed only Way of the Cobra instead of Direbeast, because i got (depending on procs) >1,7 Direbeasts active which means a boost of ~30% on CS. Also I got aspect of the wild every 2nd Bestial wrath, so I can abandon the focus regeneration.

Rotation:

Bestial Wrath , Direbeast(kept always on CD, if Bestial Wrath CD> ~5sec), KC , Murder of Crowds, Titansthunder, aspect of the wild, KC, CS, KC, CS....

between Bestial Wraths I do only cast KC, Direbeast and CS if focus>90. If there are more then 2 other targets(during bossfight) I cast a few multipleshots with a delay of ~4 secs.

Logs:

https://de.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20234624/latest/

Please tell me your suggestions to increase my DPS.

One thing that I can see straight away is your mastery is a major problem, look to drop crit for mastery asap.

On my BM hunter I have 24% crit, 19% haste and 91% mastery.

I would highly suggest you download simulationcraft both (wow addon and desktop) and Pawn to get accurate stat weights based off your current gear and not generic stat values from this website which are a great starting area.

For example I am using a Haste/Crit 880 helm over Haste/Mastery due to it simming higher than mastery now normally I would of equipped the mastery and thought nothing of it but Simulationcraft and pawn provide you with an easy system to track upgrades for your own character.

edit -

Some basic gear swaps

Neck -> JC crafted neck 8/8 Oblit = 855 with significantly more mastery.

Cloak -> BoE from ToV crit/mastery with 200agil not 100 haste enchant.

Trinket -> Aran Ruby or Urn from Nightbane

Chest -> From Nightbane

Ring -> JC crafted Shadowruby mastery haste ring.

Neck, Ring and Trinket would give you a significant mastery upgrade.

You mention ilvl upgrades being too good but the realitiy is that they most likely were not worth losing so much mastery, simulationcraft and pawn will help you identify this.

Edited by Sodam

Thanks for the quick answer.

I already try to increase my mastery. I only changed the items if the ilvl difference was significent.

Another point why my mastery is so low are maybe my trinkets which got "only" agility on them.

I kept a part of my old stuff and i'll do a few trials later.

Edited by Granei

Another note to when you run sims don't just change all of the items and then re run the sim, you need to sim each and every time you swap a single item as your stat weights change.

If you need a hand setting up simulation craft/pawn feel free to add me @ SodamInsane#2830

Edited by Sodam

Twisting Wind trinket is garbage for BM, it was one of the BiS after launch but it's one of the worst now. even 870 is worse than an 850 stat stick with mastery.

You've got an artifact relic with multishot damage; swap it out for one that's either Pack Leader or Jaws of Thunder, both of those are simmed as BiS relics and are a crucial part of your single target dps.

Gear wise you're mostly actually doing quite well. I can see why you've chosen the items you have and until you can get something with more mastery that's closer to your ilvl that's good. Realistically, following what Sodam has said, swapping out your neck/rings isn't going to be a huge fix, stats are quite balanced at the moment and mastery only just pulls out ahead so having that balance of haste/mastery might not be a huge dps loss.

One thing I can see is your opener is wrong. BM opener consists of the following:

- Murder of Crows > Bestial Wrath > Kill Command > Dire Beast & Titan's Thunder > proceed into normal rotation. Your opener sets the pace for the entire fight, the better your opener the better your dps will be at the end.

Also the whole point of having Dire Stable > Way of the Cobra is so that during your burst periods where you don't have Aspect of the Wild up you can fit in more Kill Commands & Cobra Shots. I can see that you have the legendary belt, congrats you're a lucky duck! But, during your burst downtime is where BM loses a lot of its dps; having Dire Stable lets you generate more focus and have more casts in general while you're waiting for Bestial Wrath to come off CD. To be honest, that might only be a minor point, it depends how quickly you go out of focus in burst phase. (If you could reply with just a general bit of info on how long you can actually last in burst phase of spamming kill command and cobra shot before going out of focus that would be helpful).

One thing I have noticed though, is that on heroic your dps is fine, when changing to mythic you can't expect that same level of dps to be there as there are additional mechanics, and the logs on those fights are often being compared against guilds that have genuinely got that content on farm and have probably got multiple mythic kills and are more used to that environment.

You do also just have to consider that BM aren't in the greatest of places now; as good as you can be there will always be better dps classes at this point in time. Realistically, parsing over 90% in heroic is damn good, anything after that are really minor tweaks. For mythic, just focus on learning the mechanics as second nature and how to work around that to keep up your dps.

You're doing a good job man, best of luck.

On 21/12/2016 at 10:42 AM, Granei said:

Thanks for the quick answer.

I already try to increase my mastery. I only changed the items if the ilvl difference was significent.

Another point why my mastery is so low are maybe my trinkets which got "only" agility on them.

I kept a part of my old stuff and i'll do a few trials later.

Do not sacrifice ilevel (besides rings/neck) for more mastery. If a item has either haste or mastery and some other stat and is 5 levels higher ..because of the agi it will be better upgrade. Listen to your pawn addon with the weights from icy veins guides....as BM we do not have any "break points" so the weights will not change much as you gear up.  RNG is RNG and what ever the RNG gods give you use it. 

My stats look very close to yours but i have a extra 10 ilevels which equates to more agi. I think my crit is 36%, haste is 15%, mastery is 75% and i got 1% versatility. 

First step, whatever logic you used to convince yourself to use Way of the Cobra  please stop. Look at warcraft logs...look at top BM hunter records on all bosses...no on uses that ability. You want better logs...dont use that ability. The more focus talent helps when using BW and spamming CS/KC/CS/KC.  

There are two bad gear choices...twisted wind and your storm relic.  The icy vein guide once again gives you a idea what you should be targeting  for. ...and basically a 850 relic of with the right trait is better then a 880 trait with multi-shot. 

As another poster said...your cloak enchant is garbage and you should always use the 200 agi gem first. Also, and this is my preference but i use the neck enchant that gives more mastery even if it sims a bit lower. I think i even scene the writer of the icy vein guide talking about this somewhere too...something about improves cleaving.  Check the comment section of the BM guide on this webpage i think that is where i came across it. I been using the extra mastery since the beginning. 

Side note..check out the neck from archaeology this week...I think it will be an improvement over yours.  Its 850 with 3 sockets...thats right ...3 sockets. 

Finally i will leave you with one more thing to thing about.......something that is hard if not impossible to get from logs. Pet management....where is your pet...if you use the movement can he hit more targets? Always watch that pet. 

Edited by Banard

23 hours ago, Sodam said:

Another note to when you run sims don't just change all of the items and then re run the sim, you need to sim each and every time you swap a single item as your stat weights change.

If you need a hand setting up simulation craft/pawn feel free to add me @ SodamInsane#2830

we are BM....our weights are soooo close...that is sooo much work for sooo little gain and i do mean very little gain....if any. 

Hi,

I haven't got focus problems at all, if is start Bestial wrath at 120 focus I have enough focus fo 10-12 seconds (depens on how often dire beast is avaiable).In the other burst phases I can use aspect of wildness so my focus is almost always over 100.  In case choosing dire stable i get 12 focus per cast that means for 2,5 casts i get 1 KC is it worth?  And yes I saw that almost every top-log was made with dire stable but none of them got the same legendarie set up.

Trinket: I didnt know that it is this bad -,-^^

I got Eye of Guarm 860 with versality which probably isnt better...

Edited by Granei

41 minutes ago, Granei said:

Hi,

I haven't got focus problems at all, if is start Bestial wrath at 120 focus I have enough focus fo 10-12 seconds (depens on how often dire beast is avaiable).In the other burst phases I can use aspect of wildness so my focus is almost always over 100.  In case choosing dire stable i get 12 focus per cast that means for 2,5 casts i get 1 KC is it worth?  And yes I saw that almost every top-log was made with dire stable but none of them got the same legendarie set up.

Trinket: I didnt know that it is this bad -,-^^

I got Eye of Guarm 860 with versality which probably isnt better...

forgot about the belt...i still will go with the extra focus...if you can spam CS/KC/CS/KC without any delay at all for the whole duration of BW...then fine...but i doubt you are....especially out of heroism.  Your trying to equate it to extra cast ...but really its down to how much delay there is in the CS/KC spam due to lack of focus.  

The difference between the crappy eye you have and twisted win is very marginal....with the twisted win "being ahead". I would say fuck it and use the eye for the agi...i don't like how twisted wind procs...or how it is handle in sims. Overall, one bad proc and the eye would win out.