FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
OgBallerDan

Sub spec - What's the deal?

Hey guys I've been switching back and fourth between assassination and sub for about a month now, but my sub spec dps is quite a bit lower than assassination. I've run a few sims and the numbers for sub are about the same as assassination but when I'm attacking a boss dummy just doing my rotation, my dps evens out at about 260k with sub and about 300k with assassination. My ILVL is 868

Is anyone else experiencing this? I consider myself a pretty good player so I don't think I'm messing up the rotation. I always use 5-6 combo point finishers and i'm never max energy or anything. I don't have the sub legendary boots but is sub literally just that bad without them? Also I heard sub was getting nerfed in 7.1.5? why would they do that? it seems like its currently the worst spec, at least for PVE

13 hours ago, OgBallerDan said:

Hey guys I've been switching back and fourth between assassination and sub for about a month now, but my sub spec dps is quite a bit lower than assassination. I've run a few sims and the numbers for sub are about the same as assassination but when I'm attacking a boss dummy just doing my rotation, my dps evens out at about 260k with sub and about 300k with assassination. My ILVL is 868

Is anyone else experiencing this? I consider myself a pretty good player so I don't think I'm messing up the rotation. I always use 5-6 combo point finishers and i'm never max energy or anything. I don't have the sub legendary boots but is sub literally just that bad without them? Also I heard sub was getting nerfed in 7.1.5? why would they do that? it seems like its currently the worst spec, at least for PVE

Last I heard, sub was getting a 12% boost across the board in .1.5;

Are you running logs or anything for your dummy practice? 868 is theoretically a little too low to be competitive with sin\outlaw - 875+ seems to be when it really jumps ahead (think Arcane back at 685).

What's your vers\mastery at?

Edited by MrEdren

4 hours ago, MrEdren said:

Are you running logs or anything for your dummy practice? 868 is theoretically a little too low to be competitive with sin\outlaw - 875+ seems to be when it really jumps ahead (think Arcane back at 685).

Sub really only jumped ahead at that point in Sims because the Sims for that ilevel were run with the BiS legedary, which for Sub was the boots. Those boots are getting nerfed in 7.1.5, so Sub won't be as far ahead as it was before. 

17 hours ago, OgBallerDan said:

Without logs it's impossible to say. Are both weapons maxed? Which traits do you have points in? Which traits do you have relics for? 

Sub is not the worst spec, but at launch it wasn't very strong so nobody played it. This means everyone went either Sin or Outlaw, with a trend towards Sin as people became more and more frustrated with Roll The Bones. 

What this resulted in is a massively skewed set of results, where nobody sees Sub being played and therefore assumes that it's bad. With lots of people getting their 35th point now, Sin is seeing an even larger jump, while many people don't have a whole lot of points in their Sub weapon in order to compare

For what it's worth, which probably isn't much, there are no Sin rogues in the world top dps listings.  It's about 60-40 outlaw-sub.