FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Itheyn

Looking to improve Frost DPS

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Itheyn/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mDHrkp8YVwnxfzJP

So hey, I've been playing frost for a bit (about a month and a half or so) and feel like I've hit a bit of a wall. Definitely want to improve before we delve into Mythic; so I've been wondering what there is that I can do better and figured I may as well ask!

My thoughts; Too much panicked movement & poor management of rotation at times.

Thanks for your time :)

Edited by Itheyn

Honestly, I don't see much that's glaringly wrong with most of your fights. There's a little bit of cancel casts that seem to have been avoidable, but you use Icy Floes enough that I'm guessing you had your reasons. The biggest issue I could see mostly came down to gaps in damage output fight to fight, where you spent some time doing nothing for say the Ursoc charge. I know you take less damage the farther you are from him, but even on mythic being 40 yards out will reduce the damage by a sufficient amount to survive with plenty of health, especially if you have an Ice Barrier ready to absorb the hit. That way you can maintain damage on the boss, as well as the raid (fellow ranged at least).

The only other problem I saw was your usage of the personal Time Warp. On Nythendra you held onto it to sync up with your second IV, but I didn't see you do that on any of the other fights. Obviously this does not matter on fights where your team is holding it until the last minute or so, but the Guarm pull you seemed to just hit it for no real reason.

You seem to have a good grasp of how to play the BC/TV setup, you just seem to lose out on damage by moving excessively to avoid or place mechanics. I'd recommend using Shimmer a bit more for stuff like moving with Ursoc as he uses Cacophony, and saving those Floes charges to keep casting while getting knocked around by the charge, or holding Floes charges for if you get the venom debuff on Renferal.