FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aedric

Prot Pally trouble.

Okay. So I know this question has been asked a million times already, but which build is currently ahead for pallys?

I'm using the Control/Haste build and I feel like my survivability is minimal, I can't pull the trash before lei shi in ToES without getting killed. I feel as if I don't have enough avoidence to even stay alive for my SoTR buff to come up. Healers say I'm squishy, it's true because I die like rocks sink in the river. I'm contemplating going back to the Control/Avoidence build.

Please help.

Here is my armory link. Let me know what you think.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Sargeras/Aedricc/

Edited by Aedric

Lei Shi trash is kinda special because there are a lot of the protectors and if you're tanking them all, it can really hurt. I've died to them and I'm ilvl 512. Just pop holy avenger, and spam SoTR.

As for being squishy. First your Hit chance is a little low. You can swap out a little expertise to get to the caps. If you're not hitting, you're not generating holy power and therefore you're not getting any SotR uptime. You should also be saving your SotR until you have 5 holy power. Bank the 2 for those times when you really need back to back SotR.

Don't be afraid to use cooldowns like Guardian of Ancient Kings and Ardent Defender if you start seeing your health hover below 40% for extended periods of time. I usually need a GoAK on that trash pull.

Be sure you also know your rotation. And do try to replace that Hozen slicer. That would help a bit as well.

Are also a little haste starved to really make use of the Control/Haste build but it is the go to build for prot paladins. I tossed you into AskMrRobot using the low Stamina settings and I got this. Give it a try and see how it works.

http://www.askmrrobo...argeras/aedricc

Pop HA prepull, pull with judgement, which'll give you the HP needed to put SotR up by the time any of them are in melee range, having HA up on the pull will mena your healers have a good 18s or so of SotR uptime to wind up their heals. There isn't really a point at which gear means Control Haste is worse than Control Avoidance, Its probably a rotation or healing issue if avoidance is the making the difference between you living or dying.

Okay. So I know this question has been asked a million times already, but which build is currently ahead for pallys?

I'm using the Control/Haste build and I feel like my survivability is minimal, I can't pull the trash before lei shi in ToES without getting killed. I feel as if I don't have enough avoidence to even stay alive for my SoTR buff to come up. Healers say I'm squishy, it's true because I die like rocks sink in the river. I'm contemplating going back to the Control/Avoidence build.

Please help.

Here is my armory link. Let me know what you think.

http://www.wow-heroe...rgeras/Aedricc/

Sacred Shield pre-pull, and make sure the first thing you do is hammer the mobs so that their melee attacks get reduced. That alone should cut down on the panic. Holy Avenger on top of that should make you very hard to kill. If you're still having trouble, glyph Divine Protection and use it after a couple of seconds.