Keszey

Another BM DPS help

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my toon

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Keszey/advanced

my shoulders are actually 870. I am just way underperforming for my ilvl and artifact level.

here are some logs, thank you.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vAcCDrF4RKx6QWk7

Alright, got a fair few things here. A lot are easy changes.

Artifact traits; you've only got one Jaws of Thunder. You need all 3 to be Jaws of Thunder or Pack Leader. Any other relic is nowhere near as good, even a 20 ilvl downgrade for that trait would be better. BM artifact weapon is based on traits not ilvl for dps. Change this ASAP.

Your opener needs work. Try the following:

Pre-port & Murder of Crows @ 1sec pre-pull with MD > BW/AotW > Kill Command > Dire Beast/Titan's Thunder > proceed into normal rotation. With your ilvl and stats you should be well over 1m dps during your initial burst on your logs. This opener should be used every time you can also sync up your abilities again. 

Crit strike trinket needs replacing ASAP. Even an 845/850 one with mastery would do better.

Ask Amaelle before asking here, they're in the same logs as you and performing significantly better. Someone who you can get onto vent/TS with can help you break it down a lot more. Granted they have the belt/bracer combo which syncs up a lot better than your legendaries but even so, they would have to have a better grasp on rotation and openers for you to try.

In general you should prioritise Kill Command over everything else, as soon as it's off CD use it, same with Dire Beast unless Bestial Wrath has under 10 seconds to go or you're saving it for your opening rotation again. Cast Cobra Shot above 80 focus, the less you spam it the better, you want as much focus pooled for when you need to burst as possible.

Those changes should help you out quite significantly, but ask Amaelle what they do and try your best to follow that. But your burst rotation is your most important thing, BM dps sucks outside of our burst window, try and get that rotation right and you'll be smashing it.

Realistically a lot of this you can learn from the Icy-Veins guide already, my #1 advice is to always check what the guide already has before asking everyone else for help unless you've hit a plateau and need some outside assistance.

• Like 1

I just replaced a jot with a spitting cobras last night. fml. but thank you very much for the help man. I have an 865 Stormsinger's, 860 chrono shard, 865 tempted egg, and an 870 bough of corruption.

edit: I simmed them all and it seems the stormsingers would be the best even though the three toed rabbits foot with cs and a masterful shadowruby sim about the same.

also, so an 845 with jot would be better than an 870 with an undesirable trait?

Edited by Keszey
extra stuff.

Ahh that's a bummer man! But hopefully you can get different relics soon!

And yeah, Stormsinger's is a good one! You've already got a haste trinket in your Bloodthirsty Instinct so run with that one for sure. Would make the world of difference if you start to pool your focus a bit more so when you get Stormsinger to proc you have focus to use.

Hmm, I'm not too sure on THAT big of a jump, but JoT/Pack Leader is such an integral part of our gearing that it wouldn't surprise me if it was better.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ahdra2154
      We're a guild looking for people who want to have a great time, hang out with each other, laugh and have fun while killing stuff in raids! 

Guild Name: RaidCat
      Faction: Alliance
      Realm (EU): Silvermoon
      Realm Type: PVE
      Realm Timezone: CEST
      Progression: 8/11 HC Antorus
      Raid Times: 19:30st - 22:00st
      Raid Schedule: Friday and Monday (additional raids on Wednesday for alts, mythic etc)
      Openings: Range DPS (help us knock those melee off the top of the meters!)

We raid twice a week in the evenings with optional extra runs appearing as requested. 
      Currently we also raid on Wednesdays (normal) to help gear up mains and alts.
      As our raid roster increases and  heroic progress continues Wednesday evening will likely become a mythic progression night. However mythic is not our end goal or focus, but rather something we try to make extra time for. Social members also welcome!

Looking for: Range DPS (warlock, mage, hunter, shadow priest, hunter) Other applications considered.

We do everything from Transmog runs, PVP, Mythic+ and whatever else you can think of, with our main focus on raiding.

We are aiming for a relaxed yet skilled raiding environment where people can fill in for each other, not having to worry about always attending since people can fill in for you, focusing on having fun and improving ourselves with each kill.

We do care about people following tactics and knowing what they're doing (so do your homework or ask for help!) so we may actually get some stuff done as well, that's why we're looking mainly for experienced raiders that want a more flexible environment (if you are new to raiding you are still welcome)

We use Discord and you are welcome to join and hang out before deciding to move over.

Officers: Maxilloss & Ahdra#2154
    • By Whatelse
      Hello my Demonhunter Fellows! :)
      I´m one of those Demon Hunter Players, that is still playing with T20 Set. But i look forward to switch to my T21 "sweet" Demonic Build soon.
      So here´s my question: Theres pretty much an even opinion pool of people saying i should play with Raddon's Cascading Eyes + Anger of the Half-Giants and people saying Delusions of Grandeur + Anger of the Half-Giants ... I think both have a good effect with the new Demonic Build but which is better? Due to the fact, that these are 2 Set piece slots it would be nice to know which is BiS.

• By Swaro
      Hello everyone,

i changed class from Priest a few weeks ago, and i really like the Fire playstyle overall, even if i know that frost is performing better ATM.
      However, everytime i see the logs of my Raid Leader at the end of the raid, i see that i'm in the lowest percentile for Fire Mages equipped as me in ILVL values. For that reason, i decided to start a post in the Forum: this situation is stressing me out during raid, and i don't know how to solve it.
      Here is the link to my armory, as well as to the last week fight (as well as an older one)
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/it-it/character/nemesis/swari
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WxYcrVtp2F78HafN/
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K6kpD3ACFnWyhQbM/
      The problems i know i currently have are;
      Not using Firestarter: i'll start using it in the next raid. From what i understood, i simply  play in the first 10% life of the boss as if i have Combustion on, and activate it at the end; Having a crappy combination of Legendaries (Kil'Jaeden and Pyrotext). My other alternatives ATM are Prydaz, Insigna and Soul. It is possible that just from the crappy Legendaries i result in a crappy DPS? Overall, comparing to my guildmates, i have a decent DPS, but i think that with my gear i should perform better, isn't it?

Please let me know if you need anything else in order to give me advices

Thanks in advance, see you around
    • By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 10/11H, 11/11N
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (930+ ilvl)
      All DPS! (Healing offspec preferable but not required) ABOUT US
      930+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others.
      We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS and a Healer for Heroic and eventually Mythic Antorus.
      We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)

Fill out our Guild Application! (Click link) 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      Booty Pirates Website
    • By Chumani

***LEAKED IMAGE OF 1st RAID BOSS IN NEW VANILLA SERVERS***

**8/11 Heroic Antorus** 
      Raid times   630 - 830pst    Tues/Thur/Sun        Alt/casual raid    630 - 830pst  Mon
      Hai Raiders! Looking for a guild you can call home?? Looking for a guild you can raid with?? Looking for a guild thats active?? Mature and Fun?? Look no more!

Corrupted Destiny guild is looking for YOU!! Are you wanting to raid and havnt been able to? Maybe you need a guild that does..... Hope to log in and see other guild members online?? Maybe you need a guild that its possible in! We are one of Skywall's oldest guilds. We have watched them come and go and yet we remain strong! We feel as if we are a family.... you will too! We are getting ready for Antorus the Burning Throne raid incoming soon! Come and join us and help us kick ass in there! Casual raider? Non raider? Come join us anyway, run our lesser raids just to get some gear or to gear up your alt!!

We have been here for a long time.... Come and join us and you will immediately know why this is so!

Im Chu.... and I am waiting for you!!

Chu#12466 - Deni#1743
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366 

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=248100