Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keszey

Another BM DPS help

4 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my toon

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Keszey/advanced

my shoulders are actually 870. I am just way underperforming for my ilvl and artifact level.

here are some logs, thank you.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vAcCDrF4RKx6QWk7

Alright, got a fair few things here. A lot are easy changes.

Artifact traits; you've only got one Jaws of Thunder. You need all 3 to be Jaws of Thunder or Pack Leader. Any other relic is nowhere near as good, even a 20 ilvl downgrade for that trait would be better. BM artifact weapon is based on traits not ilvl for dps. Change this ASAP.

Your opener needs work. Try the following:

Pre-port & Murder of Crows @ 1sec pre-pull with MD > BW/AotW > Kill Command > Dire Beast/Titan's Thunder > proceed into normal rotation. With your ilvl and stats you should be well over 1m dps during your initial burst on your logs. This opener should be used every time you can also sync up your abilities again. 

Crit strike trinket needs replacing ASAP. Even an 845/850 one with mastery would do better.

Ask Amaelle before asking here, they're in the same logs as you and performing significantly better. Someone who you can get onto vent/TS with can help you break it down a lot more. Granted they have the belt/bracer combo which syncs up a lot better than your legendaries but even so, they would have to have a better grasp on rotation and openers for you to try.

In general you should prioritise Kill Command over everything else, as soon as it's off CD use it, same with Dire Beast unless Bestial Wrath has under 10 seconds to go or you're saving it for your opening rotation again. Cast Cobra Shot above 80 focus, the less you spam it the better, you want as much focus pooled for when you need to burst as possible.

Those changes should help you out quite significantly, but ask Amaelle what they do and try your best to follow that. But your burst rotation is your most important thing, BM dps sucks outside of our burst window, try and get that rotation right and you'll be smashing it.

Realistically a lot of this you can learn from the Icy-Veins guide already, my #1 advice is to always check what the guide already has before asking everyone else for help unless you've hit a plateau and need some outside assistance.

1 person likes this

I just replaced a jot with a spitting cobras last night. fml. but thank you very much for the help man. I have an 865 Stormsinger's, 860 chrono shard, 865 tempted egg, and an 870 bough of corruption.

edit: I simmed them all and it seems the stormsingers would be the best even though the three toed rabbits foot with cs and a masterful shadowruby sim about the same.

also, so an 845 with jot would be better than an 870 with an undesirable trait?

Edited by Keszey
extra stuff.

Ahh that's a bummer man! But hopefully you can get different relics soon!

And yeah, Stormsinger's is a good one! You've already got a haste trinket in your Bloodthirsty Instinct so run with that one for sure. Would make the world of difference if you start to pool your focus a bit more so when you get Stormsinger to proc you have focus to use.

Hmm, I'm not too sure on THAT big of a jump, but JoT/Pack Leader is such an integral part of our gearing that it wouldn't surprise me if it was better.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TeemoTeemo
      Hey hunters! 

I used to play hunter back in the old days (Max level 80), and now starting with the game again. Therefore starting to gather some research before making my character (Yea thats my thing). First of all im a raider, love doing that, therefore want to master a spec there can give me a spot on the raid teams. I passionated in the spec BM for a while, but have a hard time to chose, as my research came across Survival. Survival look pretty strong at the moment, when i look at characters as Nnoggah. So i want the hear some of the more experience guys in here, how is BM doing compared to Survival, is it lacking behind or is it doing better if played right? 

Hope to hear some opinions. PS i know typical question here, but as a person i just like to get all facts gather before starting something.
      Kind regards - TeemoTeemo
    • By Trillium
      I noticed I'm doing absolutely horrible on H guldan. I've done anywhere from 360-400k dps on him, still no kill yet either, yet on the other bosses I pretty much have no issue getting enough damage in. My ilvl is 892 and here's a list of what I have on me at the moment. I sadly do not have logs.
      http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/us/dalaran/alarycia
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      7/7M, 2/3M (3/3H), 6/10M (10/10H)
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Swing Healer - Druid, H Priest, Monk
      Ranged - Elemental Shaman, Hunter
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 40+ traits.
      - 6 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance and Restoration.
      Hunter: BM and Survival.
      Monk: Mistweaver and Windwalker.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Priest: Holy.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.
      Any and all applications be considered.