Another BM DPS help

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my toon

my shoulders are actually 870. I am just way underperforming for my ilvl and artifact level.

here are some logs, thank you.

Alright, got a fair few things here. A lot are easy changes.

Artifact traits; you've only got one Jaws of Thunder. You need all 3 to be Jaws of Thunder or Pack Leader. Any other relic is nowhere near as good, even a 20 ilvl downgrade for that trait would be better. BM artifact weapon is based on traits not ilvl for dps. Change this ASAP.

Your opener needs work. Try the following:

Pre-port & Murder of Crows @ 1sec pre-pull with MD > BW/AotW > Kill Command > Dire Beast/Titan's Thunder > proceed into normal rotation. With your ilvl and stats you should be well over 1m dps during your initial burst on your logs. This opener should be used every time you can also sync up your abilities again. 

Crit strike trinket needs replacing ASAP. Even an 845/850 one with mastery would do better.

Ask Amaelle before asking here, they're in the same logs as you and performing significantly better. Someone who you can get onto vent/TS with can help you break it down a lot more. Granted they have the belt/bracer combo which syncs up a lot better than your legendaries but even so, they would have to have a better grasp on rotation and openers for you to try.

In general you should prioritise Kill Command over everything else, as soon as it's off CD use it, same with Dire Beast unless Bestial Wrath has under 10 seconds to go or you're saving it for your opening rotation again. Cast Cobra Shot above 80 focus, the less you spam it the better, you want as much focus pooled for when you need to burst as possible.

Those changes should help you out quite significantly, but ask Amaelle what they do and try your best to follow that. But your burst rotation is your most important thing, BM dps sucks outside of our burst window, try and get that rotation right and you'll be smashing it.

Realistically a lot of this you can learn from the Icy-Veins guide already, my #1 advice is to always check what the guide already has before asking everyone else for help unless you've hit a plateau and need some outside assistance.

• Like 1

I just replaced a jot with a spitting cobras last night. fml. but thank you very much for the help man. I have an 865 Stormsinger's, 860 chrono shard, 865 tempted egg, and an 870 bough of corruption.

edit: I simmed them all and it seems the stormsingers would be the best even though the three toed rabbits foot with cs and a masterful shadowruby sim about the same.

also, so an 845 with jot would be better than an 870 with an undesirable trait?

Edited by Keszey
extra stuff.

Ahh that's a bummer man! But hopefully you can get different relics soon!

And yeah, Stormsinger's is a good one! You've already got a haste trinket in your Bloodthirsty Instinct so run with that one for sure. Would make the world of difference if you start to pool your focus a bit more so when you get Stormsinger to proc you have focus to use.

Hmm, I'm not too sure on THAT big of a jump, but JoT/Pack Leader is such an integral part of our gearing that it wouldn't surprise me if it was better.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 2/11M, 11/11H, 11/11N
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (What is EPGP?)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (950+ ilvl)
      Tank All DPS (Healing offspec preferable but not required) Possibly accepting other roles! ABOUT US
      950+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others.
      We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS and a Tank for Mythic Antorus.
      We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      Fill out our Application form & add me on and/or Discord! ID: LadyPluu#1299
      Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Booty Pirates Website
    • By Javalvik
      <Exo> is an old guild from Dragonblight which semi-recently transferred to Stormrage in search of mythic raiders. We are a guild full of experienced raiders always looking to expand our roster. 
      We are not a world first guild nor do we aim to be. Our primary goal is to get loot and have a good time, however this still means on progression nights we do expect you to show up, put on your serious face, and kill some shit.
      Our raids are on 3 nights a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9pm-12 Server Time (EST). The Monday raids are optional farm/alt nights (Normal/Heroic) with Tuesday/Wednesday being mandatory progression nights.
      Currently we are in need of any competent DPS, off specs are always a welcome addition but not required. Performance and skill will be looked at above gear, experience, or class.
      We do not have a minimum item level required to join our raid team, however we will require you to catch up in our Monday farm-runs up until you are at a mythic level.
      If you have any questions or are interested in joining or trialing with us please add Pasha#1800, Java#1849 or Bushido#1988 on bnet to talk with an officer.
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      5/11M, 11/11H Burning Throne
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - Any Class
      DPS - Open
      Tank - CLOSED
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply:
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Trex#1111 or send a message or in-game mail to Trex-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By Xulbehemoth
      Hello fellow warriors. I'm looking for some input on my DPS and my issues with it. I currently sim 1.8m on Raidbots, but I'm only able to pull 1.2-1.3m consistently. I feel like I have a good grasp on the rotation: 100Rage Rampage > BT > RB/FS > RB/FS > BT > Rampage. I pop my CDs (all 3) either before my first Rampage or right after I use Rampage for two Rampage in a row. Odyn's Fury comes right after my Rampages with Battle Cry. 
      I finally got my Pantheon trinket last week and it killed my haste. It's down to 20% from 25%, which didn't make my DPS drop (it went up 100-300k). I have my 4 piece and BiS Leggos. I plan on TRYING to replace my belt with a Haste one (if I can get one to drop). 
      Here are my character's logs:
      I don't have an updated raid to go on since I forgot to log my last Normal.
    • By Chumani
      "The Incident"         (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎   We are looking for YOU! Whether you are raider or casual or inbetween you will find not just a home where you are welcome at but something in common with others!   We are currently 11/11 Heroic Antorus 😉   Raid times are 630-830pst (930-1130 eastern)on Sun/Tues/Thurs (progression)   Alt/Casual raid on Mondays at same time   We also have a 'co-op' raid on Friday and Saturday nights you will have access to as well from 8-11pst(11-2am eastern)   We do random events, mythic + key runs, a little pvp, mog runs..... just a lot of fun stuff! You will feel at home from day 1 with us! 😛   As you can clearly see in video we take everything serious! (/giggle) We never forget this is a game.... we take raiding serious but also remember to laugh as well. Come and join us and see why we are such a tight knit group of players! 🤟   Others go to the bars for happy hour..... we log into Wow and hang out with each other for our happy hour! ☺️   So what are you guys waiting for? Our door is open and the porch light always on!   So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366