Keszey

Another BM DPS help

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my toon

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Keszey/advanced

my shoulders are actually 870. I am just way underperforming for my ilvl and artifact level.

here are some logs, thank you.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vAcCDrF4RKx6QWk7

Alright, got a fair few things here. A lot are easy changes.

Artifact traits; you've only got one Jaws of Thunder. You need all 3 to be Jaws of Thunder or Pack Leader. Any other relic is nowhere near as good, even a 20 ilvl downgrade for that trait would be better. BM artifact weapon is based on traits not ilvl for dps. Change this ASAP.

Your opener needs work. Try the following:

Pre-port & Murder of Crows @ 1sec pre-pull with MD > BW/AotW > Kill Command > Dire Beast/Titan's Thunder > proceed into normal rotation. With your ilvl and stats you should be well over 1m dps during your initial burst on your logs. This opener should be used every time you can also sync up your abilities again. 

Crit strike trinket needs replacing ASAP. Even an 845/850 one with mastery would do better.

Ask Amaelle before asking here, they're in the same logs as you and performing significantly better. Someone who you can get onto vent/TS with can help you break it down a lot more. Granted they have the belt/bracer combo which syncs up a lot better than your legendaries but even so, they would have to have a better grasp on rotation and openers for you to try.

In general you should prioritise Kill Command over everything else, as soon as it's off CD use it, same with Dire Beast unless Bestial Wrath has under 10 seconds to go or you're saving it for your opening rotation again. Cast Cobra Shot above 80 focus, the less you spam it the better, you want as much focus pooled for when you need to burst as possible.

Those changes should help you out quite significantly, but ask Amaelle what they do and try your best to follow that. But your burst rotation is your most important thing, BM dps sucks outside of our burst window, try and get that rotation right and you'll be smashing it.

Realistically a lot of this you can learn from the Icy-Veins guide already, my #1 advice is to always check what the guide already has before asking everyone else for help unless you've hit a plateau and need some outside assistance.

• Like 1

I just replaced a jot with a spitting cobras last night. fml. but thank you very much for the help man. I have an 865 Stormsinger's, 860 chrono shard, 865 tempted egg, and an 870 bough of corruption.

edit: I simmed them all and it seems the stormsingers would be the best even though the three toed rabbits foot with cs and a masterful shadowruby sim about the same.

also, so an 845 with jot would be better than an 870 with an undesirable trait?

Edited by Keszey
extra stuff.

Ahh that's a bummer man! But hopefully you can get different relics soon!

And yeah, Stormsinger's is a good one! You've already got a haste trinket in your Bloodthirsty Instinct so run with that one for sure. Would make the world of difference if you start to pool your focus a bit more so when you get Stormsinger to proc you have focus to use.

Hmm, I'm not too sure on THAT big of a jump, but JoT/Pack Leader is such an integral part of our gearing that it wouldn't surprise me if it was better.

• Like 1