FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alrightz

Simcraft and Pawn telling me put haste as Outlaw?

I don't understand but when I used simcraft and pawn comparsion it was telling me I will gain DPS by putting haste and I gained 290k DPS on simcraft but I was doing about 270k on dummy, but when I put versat and mastery I gain 310k DPS on dummy. What am I doing wrong? This is my scale factors Agi - 8.13 Crit 6.05 Haste 8.46 Mastery 6.9 and versat 6.65

5 hours ago, Alrightz said:

I don't understand but when I used simcraft and pawn comparsion it was telling me I will gain DPS by putting haste and I gained 290k DPS on simcraft but I was doing about 270k on dummy, but when I put versat and mastery I gain 310k DPS on dummy. What am I doing wrong? This is my scale factors Agi - 8.13 Crit 6.05 Haste 8.46 Mastery 6.9 and versat 6.65

Merry Christmas :)

First off, do you mean Haste gems and enchants? Rings? What is it that you are replacing? If you're replacing trinkets or major pieces of gear that aren't the same ilevel, you'll need to look at the Agi and not just the secondary stats

Secondly, it's very difficult to judge Outlaw DPS unless you roll exactly the same buffs from time to time. How are you doing these tests on a dummy?

Merry Christmas to you as well!!

It actually the rings was telling go haste and also the pawn recommend me to put enchant haste as well. But I ignore the enchants and just went versat so therefore I was getting 28% crit and 20% haste that way too much! I went back to original where it was right now I"m at 30% crit, 16% haste, 7% versat and 40% mastery. 

On the dummy I pop every cds on first pull stealth Mfd, RnB, Ambush, pop cds and GS x5-6 combos and RT, repeat etc. I was pulling 300k+ on dummy with original stats without pawn and simcraft. With simcraft and pawn telling me I'd gain DPS but it was actually a loss. 

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

Merry Christmas :)

First off, do you mean Haste gems and enchants? Rings? What is it that you are replacing? If you're replacing trinkets or major pieces of gear that aren't the same ilevel, you'll need to look at the Agi and not just the secondary stats

Secondly, it's very difficult to judge Outlaw DPS unless you roll exactly the same buffs from time to time. How are you doing these tests on a dummy?

1 hour ago, Alrightz said:

Merry Christmas to you as well!!

It actually the rings was telling go haste and also the pawn recommend me to put enchant haste as well. But I ignore the enchants and just went versat so therefore I was getting 28% crit and 20% haste that way too much! I went back to original where it was right now I"m at 30% crit, 16% haste, 7% versat and 40% mastery. 

On the dummy I pop every cds on first pull stealth Mfd, RnB, Ambush, pop cds and GS x5-6 combos and RT, repeat etc. I was pulling 300k+ on dummy with original stats without pawn and simcraft. With simcraft and pawn telling me I'd gain DPS but it was actually a loss. 

Yeah my point is that Roll the Bones gives you different buffs every time. So one time you try on a Dummy you might roll 6 buffs but some others you might roll 1. 

Additionally, if you're running the Sims correctly, they're done in perfect conditions with 0 errors. As a player it's very easy to make an error, such as not rolling correctly and keeping the wrong buffs at the wrong time. You will always (always) see a drop from Sim to real gameplay, and you will have to run an appropriate length encounter to get a good mix of buffs & chances to reroll, procs, etc in order to come up with a good average for what your dps will look like

To make sure you're running Sims correctly, I recommend taking a look at this handy guide.

9 hours ago, Carrn said:

Yeah my point is that Roll the Bones gives you different buffs every time. So one time you try on a Dummy you might roll 6 buffs but some others you might roll 1. 

Additionally, if you're running the Sims correctly, they're done in perfect conditions with 0 errors. As a player it's very easy to make an error, such as not rolling correctly and keeping the wrong buffs at the wrong time. You will always (always) see a drop from Sim to real gameplay, and you will have to run an appropriate length encounter to get a good mix of buffs & chances to reroll, procs, etc in order to come up with a good average for what your dps will look like

To make sure you're running Sims correctly, I recommend taking a look at this handy guide.

Might also be possible to sim buffs\output with a Monte Carlo script, but that's probably too much work.