FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Snowcat

New TG Fury Warrior

Hello all,

I used to play Feral DPS, but now I'm leveling my Warrior to use that one instead in the future. This because we already have 2 druids (not including me) in our 10 man roster and we have no Warrior. Not to mention I used to play Warrior in Cata and I enjoyed it.

Anyway, I read the guide, but I have a few questions. Don't shoot me if I have really newb questions. As I said, I haven't played Warrior since Cata.

My WeakAuras are set to show up the following abilities and obviously, when the aura appears, I use that ability:

- Bloodthirst whenever it's available

- Raging Blow whenever it's available

- Colossus Smash when:

1) It's off CD

2) Rage is 80 or more (I have the glyph of unending rage)

I have a timer showing the 20 second CD and a timer showing the 6 seconds it's affecting the target

- Wild Strike only when I have a Bloodsurge proc

- Heroic Strike whenever I'm above 105 Rage

- Execute whenever the target is below 20% HP

- Berserker Rage when:

1) It's off CD

2) Not enraged yet

Here too, I have a timer that shows the CD

- Skull Banner & Recklessness together (by Macro) whenever they're ready (also has a timer showing the CD)

- Battle Shout whenever it's ready (which I'll use together with Bloodbath since they both have a 1min CD)

- I have a bar that indicates how much Rage I have

A couple of questions:

- WS always shows up with 3 "charges" in it. Should I just spam it 3 times when I have a Bloodsurge proc?

- Should I only use RB when CS is active on my target, even if it's available otherwise?

- Wouldn't it be better to only use Berserker Rage when CS is active on the target and my CS itself didn't cause me to Enrage?

- And CS, isn't it better to only use it if Berserker Rage is available, just in case the CS itself doesn't Enrage me?

- Call me blind, I'm not sure I understand what people mean with RB charges. What are they and how do you see them?

Thanks everyone!

Hi Snowcat, and welcome to the Icy-Veins forums.

I'll do my best to answer your questions, but if anything is unclear please let me know and I'll do my best to make it clearer :) Also, this might be a bit messy as I'll answer the questions as the answers come to my head but hopefully you'll make sense of it :)

When people speak of RB charges, they mean the charges of Raging Blow you can cast. Everytime you Enrage, you generate 1 charge, which lasts 12 seconds, and allows you to cast raging blow once. These charges stack up to 2 maximum, and you can track them because they put a buff on you called "Raging Blow!".

BT on cooldown is good, it is what you should do. However, RB is a bit more touchy. You want to use it outside of Colossus Smash only is you have 2 charges of it. You always want to have 1 charge available before going into your CS burst, which should look like BT>CS>RB>BT>RB>RB. You also always want to have over 60 (ideally 80) rage before using CS. However, even if you don't have enough Rage or enough RB procs, you should never delay CS by more than 1 or 2 GCDs.

Also, remember that Heroic Strike is off the GCD, so you want to use it as much as your rage allows (Ideally 3 to 4 times) during the CS burst.

Now, outside of CS it gets a bit more touchy. Your goal is to save rage as much as possible without capping it. The priority is RB, but only if you have 2 charges of it, then a procced WS. If it procs you want to use the 3 charges together as much as possible, so it would look like BT>WS>WS>WS>BT. If you can't use either of those, Impending victory is a decent filler (if you have that talent) and heroic throw last on the list.

The only moment where you want to use a non-procced WS is to dump rage. So if you are above 90-100 rage, use a non procced WS to avoid capping it. For Heroic Strike, the only moment where you should use it outside of CS is if you're going to cap rage despite WS (either you're going to cap while WS is on cooldown, or WS is procced so you can't drop rage with it).

For berserker rage, it has 2 main uses: If you go into a CS burst and your BT doesn't crit, you can use it to force a RB proc to make sure you get 3 RBs inside of your CS. The other use is during the execute phase, if you see that your Enrage is about to drop in the middle of a CS, then you use BR to keep the enrage going through the CS.

During the execute phase the rotation doesn't change much. Outside of CS, you want to use BT on cooldown, but you want to use all your RB charges, and only use execute as a rage dump if you have 90+ rage. Inside CS you just want to spam execute 4 times. That's it.

For Reck and Banner, remember to use them together with Bloodbath right before a CS (you can delay them a few seconds if need be). It should look like: (Reck+Banner) BT>CS>RB>BT>RB>RB>Dragon Roar.

Hopefully this answers most of your questions, but if anything needs more clarification or if you have any more questions please let me know,

Rage

• Like 2

Ok thanks a lot. It's a lot clearer now. A few questions remain:

- Lets say I have plenty of Rage and I got a couple of RB's ready. CS is off CD and ready to use, but Berserker Rage is not. Is it safe to still use CS? I'm asking because if the CS doesn't trigger Enrage and my Berserker Rage isn't ready yet, I'll basically have a CS burst without being Enraged. I hope tyou see what I mean.

- During the CS burst, I can just spam HS even if it depletes my Rage?

For the rest, if I understand well, Fury DPS comes down to: building up rage by using BT and WS if procced (and HS if I'm about to cap), use CS, use Berserker Rage if CS doesn't Enrage you and during those 6 seconds of CS, use all your rage with RB and HS (or Exec if -20%)? And during all that, use the other cooldowns wisely.

Sounds interesting. I like playing this class :-)

For your first question: Even if you don't have Berserker Rage ready, if you have everything else ready for a CS burst, do it. Since BT has a x2 chance to crit, chances are that it will enrage you, and remember: You always use BT right before CS, and you use a 2nd BT during the CS window so you'll most likely get enraged anyway. If you don't then it's just bad RNG and there's not much you can do about it.

For the 2nd question: You want to spam HS as much as your rage allows. Just make sure you have enough rage to get all your RBs in (and a WS in case you don't have 3 RBs) but all the rest of your rage should go on HS. In an ideal world, you would start your CS burst with 120 rage and end it with exactly 0, while getting 3 RBs in. Of course that is not possible, but you want to strive for it as much as possible.

For your last paragraph: Fury basically comes down to using as little rage as possible while CS is on cooldown and then unleash all your Fury (see what I did there? ^.~) during the 6 seconds it gives you to do as much DPS as you can.

Also, if you get comfortable enough with the CS burst rotation, you might consider adding Heroic Leap to it as it is also off the GCD. So just, while you're spamming RB and HS, Heroic Leap from one corner of the hitbox of the boss to the other. If you can do that on top of the rest it'll be a DPS increase, but if you'Re not comfortable enough yet and doing so would make you miss other things in your rotation don't do it just yet :)

I don't know. I'll look up though and see what I can find, but it isn't that hard really:

You simply want to do your normal burst, which is as many HS and RB as you can, and while doing that just use Heroic Leap and jump soemwhere where you're still in range to attack the boss.

It takes a bit of practice (you have to hit 3 keybinds at 1 time to get RB, HS and Leap out) but once you can do it, it becomes a small DPS increase to do so.

Thanks a lot ragebarr. I appreciate it.

So, with your advice, I now do things as follows:

While preparing for CS: BT on cooldown, 3 x WS when Bloodsurge procs, RB if I have 2 or more charges on it, HS if rage is greater than 105 (or Execute if -20%)

I use CS only if I have 80 rage or more. Once I use CS, if it didn't trigger Enrage, I use Berserker Rage and then I spam RB (when available) and HS till my Rage is depleted. I throw in a BT too if I can during that 1 second HS cooldown. I ususally save Skull Banner for CS bursts too and I try to do the same for Bloodbath.

And then of course, Bladestorm for large packs of mobs.

Sounds good? For now, I don't do a lot of DPS but that's mainly because I'm not hit nor exp capped, nor do I have gems or enchants (I'm still gearing up, I just hit lvl 90 a day ago) but I hope I'll do better once I get a little better gear and set my reforging/gemming/enchanting right.

Would it be good if I post up some logs once I optimized correctly?

Edited by Snowcat

I would suggest you switch Bladestorm for Dragon Roar (much better single target damage) and use it together with Bloodbath.

Basically your CS burst should look like this (Stuff in parentheses is not on the GCD):

BT -> (Bloodbath & Skull Banner, if available) Dragon Roar -> (Recklessness, if available) CS -> RB (HS) -> BT (HS) -> RB (HS) -> RB (HS)

If you want to post logs go ahead, I'll look over them when I have time and let you know what I

Thank you very much, my Canadian friend :-) Your advice has been way more helpful than on other forums I've been.

I've been practicing in HM Dungeons and on dummies a bit lately in the hopes I can gather a lot of VP and get good loot. This is my character in the armory.

When I fight against a dummy for about 5 minutes non-stop, I do approx 29k damage which seems pretty low. This is how my damaging abilities are distributed:

Melee: 30.4%

HS: 15.5%

BT: 12.5%

RB: 12.0%

Deep Wounds: 8.5%

RB Off Hand: 6.7%

WS: 6.3%

CS: 4.5%

And the hit type is like this:

Hit: 77.2%

Crit: 14.0%

Miss: 8.8%

Is this distribution allright? Or am I totally over-analyzing things? Maybe I should stop worrying about my DPS as long as I'm not properly geared and optimized...

I suppose taking logs in a HM Dungeon is pretty useless?

I'm also still hesitating between Dragon Roar and Brostorm. The latter being and incredibly effective AoE damage dealer against bigger groups of mobs.

Sorry if I seem to be way too over-analytical. I just want to be a good fury warrior since I enjoy that way more than other classes I've tried.

Thanks again!

Edited by Snowcat

I made some logs on Gara'jal (LFR)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cn1p3v1vbmda0ofs/

I case I screwed up the link: it was posted on Elune (FR).

I'm the only warrior under the name of Snowbat so I'm easy to find. My DPS wasn't really good and perhaps someone can pinpoint the problem?

Here's me in the Armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Snowbat/simple

Hopefully, someone can find the problem.

Few things:

You used Bloodthirst 30 times, and considering the duration of the fight you could've used it 12 more times. At the very least a good 10 more. Use Bloodthirst on cooldown.

Why didn't you use Recklessness on the pull, stacked with Time Warp/Bloodlust? I also don't see you using Skull banner at all. If you used those 2 right on the pull you could've gotten a second use out of them on the last few % of the boss.

One thing for sure, your DPS is going to be really low until you get much more crit. To say that Fury is very reliant on crit is an understatement. Also, Warrior DPS is very reliant on weapon damage. Try and get yourself some much higher ilvl weapons as soon as you can if you intend to stay Fury.

Few things:

You used Bloodthirst 30 times, and considering the duration of the fight you could've used it 12 more times. At the very least a good 10 more. Use Bloodthirst on cooldown.

Why didn't you use Recklessness on the pull, stacked with Time Warp/Bloodlust? I also don't see you using Skull banner at all. If you used those 2 right on the pull you could've gotten a second use out of them on the last few % of the boss.

One thing for sure, your DPS is going to be really low until you get much more crit. To say that Fury is very reliant on crit is an understatement. Also, Warrior DPS is very reliant on weapon damage. Try and get yourself some much higher ilvl weapons as soon as you can if you intend to stay Fury.

Thanks!

So, when I'm in CS burst mode and I can use RB, BT and HS... which one should I prioritize? Still BL?

You want to get as many RB's in as you can while still using BT on cooldown. If you happen not to have a RB charge then Wild Strike is your next best option. Any leftover rage should be used on HS.

awesome replies ragebarr. i had very similar questions, as well as opened my eyes up to a whole new ball park of things i have been missing. Ty for your posts. EXTREMELY helpful !!

My pleasure :) If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or on my guide, which I'll try to update with a few of the questions I've answered on this thread soon.

My pleasure smile.png If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or on my guide, which I'll try to update with a few of the questions I've answered on this thread soon.

I'll post my further questions in your thread then. Better to keep all the knowledge somewhat centralized isnt it? :-)

If i may ask, Is it wise, or a " good idea " to macro RB + HS together ?? is that common? my friend brought it up, so i figured i'd ask.

hello Kai, it is not a good idea. HS is an off GCD technic.

You have to use it if your rage > 70  OR if you are under CS debuff, and you spam it as much as you can.

hello Kai, it is not a good idea. HS is an off GCD technic.

You have to use it if your rage > 70  OR if you are under CS debuff, and you spam it as much as you can.

yeah, thats what i was thinking. thanks for the prompt reply  :D