FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neroma

Help with trinkets

Hello! First timer here! I'm playing as affliction, and I have a few different trinkets to choose from now, yet I'm not sure which trinkets would generally be better for me. 

At the moment I'm running with Swarming Plaguehive (835) and Bloom ofNew Growth with mastery (835). In my bags, I have Wriggling Sinew (850), Devilsaur Shock-Baton (845) and Stormsinger Fulmination Charge (840), along with a few stat sticks with haste and crit on them. 

My stats at the moment are:

Crit: 17%

Haste:19%

Mastery: 102%

Vers: 3%

Here's my armory if needed: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Zalith/simple

Hope you guys can help me with this!

Hey!

I got the Plaguehive by myself (880) and would stick on it...it´s Haste Stat is great. On the other side i would advise to try Bloom or Stormsinger. Don´t know the uptime of the mastery buff from Stormsinger, but it could be an interesting alternative for Bloom. 

Just try to switch them an choose the one, which you feel more comfortable with. Other way is to simC both trinkets and find out which is more effective.

Cya.

7 hours ago, Devkarin said:

Hey!

I got the Plaguehive by myself (880) and would stick on it...it´s Haste Stat is great. On the other side i would advise to try Bloom or Stormsinger. Don´t know the uptime of the mastery buff from Stormsinger, but it could be an interesting alternative for Bloom. 

Just try to switch them an choose the one, which you feel more comfortable with. Other way is to simC both trinkets and find out which is more effective.

Cya.

Hey there!

Yeah i'm probably gonna stay with plaguehive, if anything, then cause it procs like crazy. The thing with SimC as far as I know (could be wrong on this) is that it isn't all that good at weighing proc trinkets all that well. From what i've been told it only takes the stat on the trinket, not the proc effect. 

Hey there!

Sure simc is not the best way to check it out...so than say hello to your best friend...the Dummy :D switch between the trinkets and read out the statistics...or work with logs :)

29 minutes ago, Devkarin said:

Hey there!

Sure simc is not the best way to check it out...so than say hello to your best friend...the Dummy :D switch between the trinkets and read out the statistics...or work with logs :)

I see. Nothing else to it then ;) thanks for the help!

40 minutes ago, Neroma said:

Hey there!

Yeah i'm probably gonna stay with plaguehive, if anything, then cause it procs like crazy. The thing with SimC as far as I know (could be wrong on this) is that it isn't all that good at weighing proc trinkets all that well. From what i've been told it only takes the stat on the trinket, not the proc effect. 

You're probably thinking of the addon Pawn. Simc does that usually fine (well as well as it has been programmed too anyhow). The issue with Affliction and proc trinkets is that sometimes they go on the Effigy.

Do you have the warlock Discord details? The sims in there are very helpful or can also ask in the Affy channel about the best trinkys.

29 minutes ago, Devkarin said:

Hey there!

Personally I think would take Simc with 10, 000+ iterations any day over a few dummy tries (except for a few cases with a trinket like Naraxas' Spiked Tongue). There can be too much variance from one pull to another. Destro though is a lot worse for that for when trying to measure stat sticks. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, spikeysquad said:

Personally I think would take Simc with 10, 000+ iterations any day over a few dummy tries (except for a few cases with a trinket like Naraxas' Spiked Tongue). There can be too much variance from one pull to another. Destro though is a lot worse for that for when trying to measure stat sticks. 

Sure if SimC works...use it...far better than any dummy...luckily i never had to ask SimC about a trinket...got Hive and Arans Ruby...so lot of mastery and haste including "Equip-Affix" ...no need to think about them :D

Mastery is really king when it comes to aff, unless the trinket has a really strong proc, you'll always want a mastery trinket.

Arans ruby is one of the best trinkets for aff lock right now in mixed situations as flame wreath provides you with additional cleave damage. Other trinkets you'll want to look out for are brinewater w/ mastery off of Helya, that's a solid tirnket for aff. If it rolls haste, that's a great trinket for demo, crit it's a great trinket for destro.

If you're fortunate enough to get the arcanocrystal off withered gym, it's great for all 3 lock specs.

When nighthold comes out I believe erratic metronome will be bis for all lock specs.