FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tarazet

[Shadow] Power Infusion and Mindbender

Greetings,

Leveling a Tauren Shadow Priest, level 87 and will be 90 this weekend easily. One of a few alts that I have fun with when I'm not raiding on my Druid. I'm having fun and I enjoy the playstyle both solo and in 5-mans, but the class clearly lacks DPS cooldowns. You can take Power Infusion, but 5% extra damage is very underwhelming. Since my priest is an Herbalist - c'mon, she's a Tauren, how could I not? - I was thinking that stacking Power Infusion with Lifeblood and Mindbender could grant some decent burst and increase the value of both of those talent choices. Anyone tried out a similar setup to see how it works on single-target fights?

Hi there :)

I've tried it on my Tauren priest, but honestly I've had much(!) better results with Solace/Insanity and Twist of Fate.

I warly suggest using those.

Also, do people tease you ingame, for being a Tauren priest? Because I get all kinds of grief from people, who think cows in dresses look stupid :P

Hi there Posted Image

I've tried it on my Tauren priest, but honestly I've had much(!) better results with Solace/Insanity and Twist of Fate.

I warly suggest using those.

Also, do people tease you ingame, for being a Tauren priest? Because I get all kinds of grief from people, who think cows in dresses look stupid Posted Image

I get a lot of positive response, but I don't take myself super seriously or anything. I'm the kind of guy who dances in the cooking fire in Treant form in the Shrine of Two Moons. I have her dolled up in the Seer set leveling greens with the robe and funny tea hat, use Levitate at all times. Hilarious. I'll give Insanity a crack. Is it considered OK if the other DoTs fall off while channeling Insanity? Or should you always refresh DoTs before hitting that Devouring Plague button?

Edited by Tarazet

I'd say it's not that big of a deal. But try to have them applied. The most important thing to avoid is having Mind Blast come off cooldown while you're channeling.

I have only rarely had any problems with it, seeing as the cooldown of mind blast is as long as it is. Often you can time it so that you can refresh your dots right after getting your last Shadow Orb.

I'd say it's not that big of a deal. But try to have them applied. The most important thing to avoid is having Mind Blast come off cooldown while you're channeling.

I have only rarely had any problems with it, seeing as the cooldown of mind blast is as long as it is. Often you can time it so that you can refresh your dots right after getting your last Shadow Orb.

So something like this: with two Shadow Orbs, use Vampiric Touch+queue up SW:Pain, Mind Blast+queue up Devouring Plague, then channel Mind Flay twice, interrupting the second channel right before Insanity falls off to channel a third one. Sounds good.

Edited by Tarazet