FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sixfootgiant

Help with understanding trinkets (Assassin)

So right now I am using 2 845 trinkets both with 1177 Agility and 915 Versatility. I play Exsanguinate spec. However I know Tirthon's Betrayal is good for burst, but it isn't a stat stick. I just had the Bloodstained Handkerchief drop for me. +115 Agility over my 2 trinkets I have now, but it has the on use Garrote effect on a 1 min CD, no secondaries. 

I guess my question is, how do I know when an on use is better in terms of overall damage as opposed to a stat stick like the Arcanocrystal or the Agi Vers/Crit trinkets?

Edited by Sixfootgiant

3 hours ago, Sixfootgiant said:

So right now I am using 2 845 trinkets both with 1177 Agility and 915 Versatility. I play Exsanguinate spec. However I know Tirthon's Betrayal is good for burst, but it isn't a stat stick. I just had the Bloodstained Handkerchief drop for me. +115 Agility over my 2 trinkets I have now, but it has the on use Garrote effect on a 1 min CD, no secondaries. 

I guess my question is, how do I know when an on use is better in terms of overall damage as opposed to a stat stick like the Arcanocrystal or the Agi Vers/Crit trinkets?

Using simulations is the easiest way. You'll be able to test each trinket and see which is better.

While that is the most specific way, you can also use Shadowcraft, which will give you a good idea about it as well.

7 hours ago, Carrn said:

Using simulations is the easiest way. You'll be able to test each trinket and see which is better.

While that is the most specific way, you can also use Shadowcraft, which will give you a good idea about it as well.

Unsure of how to use Simulations. Also Shadowcraft seems wonky. All the numbers are off, half the time I can't properly select which secondary stat I'm using, etc, etc.

5 hours ago, Sixfootgiant said:

Unsure of how to use Simulations. Also Shadowcraft seems wonky. All the numbers are off, half the time I can't properly select which secondary stat I'm using, etc, etc.

Super quick and easy guide

Have a read through that, it's not too difficult to do