Meowchan

[Theorycraft] Holy Paladin - Light of the Martyr usability

3 posts in this topic

I've made a video guide explaining the strengths of Light of the Martyr spell, and why I think it's getting a lot of flak unjustifiably. It is referred to as a bad spell only bad Paladins use because they see big numbers on <insert damage meter addon here> that doesn't factor in the damage taken component and shows unrealistic numbers. I am here to make the case that LotM is a good spell that can be successfully used intelligently.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTXTfVz-qmE

I use LotM liberally (6-8 times per min) in every encounter. Feel free to ask me any and all questions about it.
I also wrote a sim for Holy Paladins which calculates stat weights for different scenarios and based on your current gear, which I plan on releasing in the future. Consider this a teaser. =)

1 person likes this

Hi there,

I have the legendary neckpiece which provides a damage bubble to us. I recently noticed I want taking damage while using martyr, so I tried something in raid. 

I spammed martyr on everyone, showing 600k+ heals every GCD, and used holy shock on myself. Coupled with the bubble effect, I found the results suprising.

This was on H Odyn on trial. I topped the heals meter for the kill, at 340k. Additionally, I was suprised to find my mana pool at 60% at the end of the fight, instead of almost empty after flasking.

This technique definately requires further investigation.

Arent you kinda late guys?

The spell is here since the legion has started and u are talking about it just now? Im using Light of martyr since the raiding started, its my 3rd most used spell. I was wondering why others dont use this spell, but its awesome.

You can save a lot of mana with using this spell and everytime u have to move and u need another instant spell instead of holy shock or light of dawn this spell is your choice.

For that Prydaz shield, normally when u dont get any dmg u will not use that shield. But when u use Martyr it use that shield first, that means it goes straight to your healing also.

Btw about healing meter in Details and others it shows like you have higher healing, but you are using your health for that spell. On logs u will se lower healing because (Light of the martyr - your health).