FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
RchardWells

MW For PvP? What kind of advice do you have?

in pvp situations fistweaving does not work as well as mistweaving for straight up healing but if you want to help your team out you can does decent damage and healing by fistweaving if you are under alot of pressure mistweave but if you are taking no dmg go ahead and attack that other team also if you really want to do some dmg i find that the xuen tier 6 talent works great in pvp just make sure it is on the same guy your team is on to really help out

In pvp situations fistweaving does not work as well as mistweaving for straight up healing. But if you want to help your team out you can does decent damage and healing by fistweaving. If you are under alot of pressure mistweave, but if you are taking no dmg go ahead and attack that other team. Also, if you really want to do some dmg, i find that the xuen tier 6 talent works great in pvp. Just make sure it is on the same guy your team is on to really help out.

I couldnt resist.

Punctiation, it matters.

(I know I'm kinda being the grammar nzi dck here, so if you take offence I shall remove it.)

I never "fist"weave but I do channel CJL very often. As longer as my partner(s) are being topped off then it's a great thing to do without making yourself vulnerabe in melee range.

And ALWAYS use Xuen, he puts out huge amounts of damage and healing, wonderful to line up with your teammates' burst. RJW, youre gonna have to be in melee to do anything and torpedo is weak amount of healing compared to what you can do with one sphere.

Edited by Monning

Your Eminence relies on damage done, and your damage is reduced by their PvP Resilience (~77%), then the Heal from Eminence is then again reduced by Battle Fatigue (~60+%). On the other hand, your Eminence double dips from PvP Power.

You should be surviving in battles, not running into the battle and screaming "I R HEALER", use CJL if you want to assist with DPS since it deals nice damage and lets you stay out of range.

Be careful that Xuen doesn't break your CCs.

Edited by Archimage

Your Eminence relies on damage done, and your damage is reduced by their PvP Resilience (~77%), then the Heal from Eminence is then again reduced by Battle Fatigue (~60+%). On the other hand, your Eminence double dips from PvP Power.

You should be surviving in battles, not running into the battle and screaming "I R HEALER", use CJL if you want to assist with DPS since it deals nice damage and lets you stay out of range.

Be careful that Xuen doesn't break your CCs.

How does our Eminence double dip from PvP Power?  We get no bonus to damage from PvP power.

I see Healer specs only gains Healing Done under PvP Power, must have been looking at it while in Windwalker.

Back to some advice:

Key to being healer in PvP is to survive. To do this you have some escape spells:

Transcendence - Make sure to place you spirit at a location that is out of their Line of Sight when using Transcendence: Transfer. In Battlegrounds you can place it on higher ground where enemies would have to take a long way to reach you again.

I use the TomTom addon to let me know when I'm in range of my spirit (Doesn't work in arena)

#showtooltip Transcendence
/cast Transcendence
/wayb
/cway

As preparation, you can place 3 Healing Spheres on your Spirit so that when you transfer, you gain a huge burst of healing.

Roll / Chi Torpedo - Your PvP Glove piece enables you to remove snares(slow) effects, it will also help gain some distance from melee attackers.

Tiger's Lust - For when you are rooted by a Frost Mage's Nova or a Hunter's pet Web, use this to get free. 

Nimble Brew - For when you are stunned and your dematerialize is on cooldown. Also works on Warlock fears

Paralysis - Never forget this is your only CC, and its got a 15 sec cooldown.

Tier 4 and 5 talents.