FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mmowin

Is it impossible to make Unholy work this patch?

I must be doing something wrong. On my frost DK i'm pulling around 300k to 350k on most fights on Heroic EN and Heroic TOV. However on my DK, im struggling to even get remotely close to that. My stats on my Unholy set are 31% crit, 23% haste and around 22% mastery. Unfortunately I dont have the legendary bracers. For those that are making Unholy work, what are your stats and build? I really want to play Unholy but if Frost is going to be doing more dps why even bother. Maybe I should be stacking full mastery as Unholy? Thanks in advance everyone.

Mastery is not as important for UH unless you have the bracers.

UH is all about lining up your cool downs and getting decent luck too. Think the skill cap is a bit higher for uh too.

Also do you have the same amount of AP invested on both weapons? Can have an impact too

2 hours ago, Shells said:

Mastery is not as important for UH unless you have the bracers.

UH is all about lining up your cool downs and getting decent luck too. Think the skill cap is a bit higher for uh too.

Also do you have the same amount of AP invested on both weapons? Can have an impact too

My Unholy weapon has 32 traits in it. I still need to put two more points into the ability that increases runic power gained. Why is mastery so bad for Unholy again. Did they nerf it?

Alright so long story short Frost is infinitely better than unholy, if you don't have the bracers for unholy, if you have the bracers frost is still better but not by nearly as much unless you have a BiS for frost in which case I don't know why you are playing unholy.

With this said 7.1.5 is coming along soon and unholy is getting buffs. I've talked to many high end dks many of them being top US 20 and some being top 5 world. The general story goes along the lines of Unholy is getting better, it is still worse than frost without the bracers, but with the bracers they are near equal and you should play what you are more invested into whether that is because of legendaries or AP (for ap it doesn't count if you are below trait 40 really, ap is superrrrrr easy to grind especially with many of us being at APK 24 soon 25).

Mastery for unholy (with bracers) is super good, because shadow damage is between 60-70% of you damage as unholy with bracers. Mastery isn't good for unholy without bracers because shadow damage is only around 40%~ of your damage, and crits value is vastly super hugely more impactful on your rotation, and over the amount of wounds you can put out.

If I were you I would be swapping to frost, you aren't that invested into unholy and frost will still be better come 7.1.5, if you don't have unholy bracers. With this also said you got to think about what youw anna do in the long run, after you get you're 5th legendary you cannot except to get a 6th until they fix it. I have a couple friends who've done close over 1,500 m+ since their 5th legendary and still haven't gotten a 6th. That being said there are some players who are super lucky and already have 7 but the people with 7 are a suuuuper small minority.